"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

17 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh, I love Toni Collette! Will put that on my to watch list! 

I saw this movie on cable about a month or so ago. Wasn't it very weird? I read an article about it because I don't think I would have realized that they were witches? It was very strange to me and I couldn't stop thinking about it for awhile. It's one of those weird movies that keeps you thinking and the part with the little girl in the car was just horrible.

Yeah, Toni is an amazing actress. So many very odd scenes in this movie. 

What do you think?

17 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Hereditary (2018) I didn't see the first 30 minutes or so but what I did see was good, some parts were brilliant.  I thought the ending didn't quite deliver and kind of derailed a bit. But, Toni Collette's performance was fantastic. 

Very odd movie.  did you know they were witches? It was just a crazy movie and had me thinking about it for days.

Oh, I love Toni Collette! Will put that on my to watch list! 

Shit! I hope I did't ruin it for you? Thought you saw it. lol Sometimes I think I don't see things clearly. I didn't really give too much away, but it's a very strange movie.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw this movie on cable about a month or so ago. Wasn't it very weird? I read an article about it because I don't think I would have realized that they were witches? It was very strange to me and I couldn't stop thinking about it for awhile. It's one of those weird movies that keeps you thinking and the part with the little girl in the car was just horrible.

Yeah, Toni is an amazing actress. So many very odd scenes in this movie. 

What do you think?

Very odd movie.  did you know they were witches? It was just a crazy movie and had me thinking about it for days.

Shit! I hope I did't ruin it for you? Thought you saw it. lol Sometimes I think I don't see things clearly. I didn't really give too much away, but it's a very strange movie.

Yeah, I had an idea what was happening. It had a very Rosemary's Baby vibe going on.

Nah, you are good for I don't have a great memory!

lol  that's good. me too. Anyway, it's a strange movie.  

13 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Event Horizon

5/5

If you're a fan of horror and/or science fiction then watch this movie.

"Where we're going we won't need eyes to see."

I saw this a long time ago and I did like it. It's been on cable lately. Maybe I'll re-watch it. don't remember much, but it was very good. I do like Larry Fishburne

• 2 weeks later...

The Missus and I have been going to the theatre a lot lately. I had forgotten how good binging on buttery popcorn and candy is!

F9 - Decent. Unfortunately lacking The Rock and Jason Statham, but John Cena was a good baddie. 

Old - Utter dogshit. M. Night owes me $13.

Don't Breathe 2 - Not as good as the first, but there are some very sweet kills.

Free Guy - Really enjoyed this one. Nice, fun movie.

The Suicide Squad - Decent. King Shark was definitely the best part. Would love to see a spinoff film for him or an appearance in Aquaman 2.

Candyman - Decent. Not as good as the original but fairly well done. 

Malignant - Just meh. I expected a lot more from James Wan. 

Spiral: From the Book of Saw 

7/10 

Not as good as the first four SAW films but still entertaining 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, AxlsMainMan said:

F9 - Decent. Unfortunately lacking The Rock and Jason Statham, but John Cena was a good baddie. 

The essence of Fast & Furious has always been in the first three movies for me. Bringing back Sung Kang and Lucas Black was the best move they could make. 

Edited by Sosso

Mortal Kombat 2021

I actually loved the original one better. Liked the story line, but the kills in this updated version was awesome! Loved seeing some of the fighters from the original movie. Anyway, seems it was left open, so I wonder if there will be another one?

Really missed hearing the song.  It made the fights so much more cooler!

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Mortal Kombat 2021

I actually loved the original one better. Liked the story line, but the kills in this updated version was awesome! Loved seeing some of the fighters from the original movie. Anyway, seems it was left open, so I wonder if there will be another one?

Really missed hearing the song.  It made the fights so much more cooler!

The actor who played Sub Zero is a regular on the Cinemax show "Warrior" based on the teachings and writings of Bruce Lee.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:50 PM, AxlsMainMan said:

The Missus and I have been going to the theatre a lot lately. I had forgotten how good binging on buttery popcorn and candy is!

Old - Utter dogshit. M. Night owes me $13.

Don't Breathe 2 - Not as good as the first, but there are some very sweet kills.

Free Guy - Really enjoyed this one. Nice, fun movie.

The Suicide Squad - Decent. King Shark was definitely the best part. Would love to see a spinoff film for him or an appearance in Aquaman 2.

Candyman - Decent. Not as good as the original but fairly well done. 

Malignant - Just meh. I expected a lot more from James Wan. 

I agree about Suicide Squad, loved the shark the best. 

I didn't see Malignant but read about it and it reminded me of the Steven King book and movie "The Dark Half" The story was very similar. I wonder if James Wan got his idea from that movie? Also my mom saw a movie back in the 70's called Manitoba. it was about a woman who was possessed by a Native Warrior medicine man who actually came out of her back by the end of the movie. Seems Wan might be a fan of this movie too.

I did like the original Candyman. Actually met Mr. Todd who played him. The man must be 6 foot 5 or more! He has the best voice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree about Suicide Squad, loved the shark the best. 

I didn't see Malignant but read about it and it reminded me of the Steven King book and movie "The Dark Half" The story was very similar. I wonder if James Wan got his idea from that movie? Also my mom saw a movie back in the 70's called Manitoba. it was about a woman who was possessed by a Native Warrior medicine man who actually came out of her back by the end of the movie. Seems Wan might be a fan of this movie too.

I did like the original Candyman. Actually met Mr. Todd who played him. The man must be 6 foot 5 or more! He has the best voice.

I liked Timothy Hutton's evil alter ego in The Dark Half, I think his name was George. Before he kicked that dude in the head he said, "l guess I better punt."😄 And he called everybody "hoss."

Edited by lame ass security

Open Range. Kind of a slow burn of a western, but between the great performances from Duvall, Costner, and Bening, and the ending showdown make it worth it. 2 thumbs up.

Wind River. Don't you love it when you give a movie a chance just because you're bored and can't decide on what to watch, and it turns out pretty damned good? 2 thumbs up.

Shang Chi and the ten rings. Not really into these type of movies but was forced to go. Not bad, not great. 1 thumb up.

18 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I liked Timothy Hutton's evil alter ego in The Dark Half, I think his name was George. Before he kicked that dude in the head he said, "l guess I better punt."😄 And he called everybody "hoss."

I think this movie version of SK's book was spot on. Usually the movie versions suck, but this version was awesome.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, J Dog said:

Wind River. Don't you love it when you give a movie a chance just because you're bored and can't decide on what to watch, and it turns out pretty damned good? 2 thumbs up.

Great film. And I've had a major crush on Elizabeth Olsen ever since I watched it.

Edited by EvanG

On 9/21/2021 at 3:02 AM, J Dog said:

Open Range. Kind of a slow burn of a western, but between the great performances from Duvall, Costner, and Bening, and the ending showdown make it worth it. 2 thumbs up.

Shang Chi and the ten rings. Not really into these type of movies but was forced to go. Not bad, not great. 1 thumb up.

I know what you mean, I've done that quite a bit. It seems more often than not when I give a movie a chance I end up enjoying it. 

20 hours ago, EvanG said:

Great film. And I've had a major crush on Elizabeth Olsen ever since I watched it.

It really was. And I didn't know that was the twins' sister until I watched it.

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I know what you mean, I've done that quite a bit. It seems more often than not when I give a movie a chance I end up enjoying it. 

That's usually how it works for me too. It can bite you though, awhile back I watched one called Fallen. It was about old angels and demons fighting as humans. So I gave it a shot. Turned out to be a cheaply made Twilight with angels and demons in place of vampires and werewolves. I don't think I made it halfway though :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J Dog said:

It really was. And I didn't know that was the twins' sister until I watched it.

That's usually how it works for me too. It can bite you though, awhile back I watched one called Fallen. It was about old angels and demons fighting as humans. So I gave it a shot. Turned out to be a cheaply made Twilight with angels and demons in place of vampires and werewolves. I don't think I made it halfway though :lol:

I remember that one, Denzel Washington was in it. Iirc, James Gandolfini also. 

Edit: I was talking about a different movie called Fallen, which was released in 1998. It actually wasn't bad. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I remember that one, Denzel Washington was in it. Iirc, James Gandolfini also. 

Edit: I was talking about a different movie called Fallen, which was released in 1998. It actually wasn't bad. 

Yeah that Fallen with Denzel and John Goodman is awesome. “Tiiiiimmmee is on my side.”

• Like 1