Jump to content

"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The original shits all over Terminator 2. T2 is an awesome movie but not in the same league as the original.

The Departed. Always a good decision. 

Posted Images

"The Lost Boys, the Thirst" with Corey Feldman

On 1/11/2021 at 3:13 AM, ssiscool said:

Just sitting down to watch Bad Boys for Life. First impression is Martin Lawrence put on a lot of weight

I liked this movie and I thought Martin was so funny. Will is still awesome too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone noticed that IMDBs "known for" section on actor/director/etc profiles has turned to complete shit?

I was watching The Thing (1982) last week and later went onto Kurt Russells profile and appearantly he's known for The Hateful 8, Escape from LA, Executive Decision and Tango and Cash.

Surely he's more known for The Thing, Tombstone, Miracle, Bone Tomahawk, Escape from NY, GotG2, Big Trouble..., Deepwater Horizon, Christmas Chronicles or Stargate?

Having Escape from LA on it instead of NY, like wtf? I'd never even heard of ED or T&C.. I dunno, maybe it's just Kurt Russells page that's messed up, or my knowledge of him and his movies are questionable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Passenger 57 (1992)

I thought i remember this being better but its awful. Like why would you put an airplane hijacker on a god damn commercial flight for one. It seems so rushed like someone had a premise of Die Hard on a plane and quickly scribbled a script down on a napkin before some other unoriginal schmuck came up with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Passenger 57 (1992)

I thought i remember this being better but its awful. Like why would you put an airplane hijacker on a god damn commercial flight for one. It seems so rushed like someone had a premise of Die Hard on a plane and quickly scribbled a script down on a napkin before some other unoriginal schmuck came up with it.

Was that with Wesley Snipes? Saw that years ago. I thought it was okay, but I love Wesley

Okay, I watched "Hereditary" with Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne and their daughter was a very weird looking kid, sorry to say.

Anyway, very confusing. You don't figure it out, even then it was confusing, until the end. I watched Eli Roth's History of Horror so I knew what the grandmother was because they gave it away. Honestly, it was very weird and I wish I could get those 2 hours of the movie back.

And the ending wasn't anything you've never seen before. I had to laugh when they were talking about this "thing" won't give away what it was, would destroy the earth. I was like Humans are doing that themselves without any out worldly help.

I looked forward to seeing this movie, but was disappointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 1:39 PM, CheapJon said:

Anyone noticed that IMDBs "known for" section on actor/director/etc profiles has turned to complete shit?

I was watching The Thing (1982) last week and later went onto Kurt Russells profile and appearantly he's known for The Hateful 8, Escape from LA, Executive Decision and Tango and Cash.

Surely he's more known for The Thing, Tombstone, Miracle, Bone Tomahawk, Escape from NY, GotG2, Big Trouble..., Deepwater Horizon, Christmas Chronicles or Stargate?

Having Escape from LA on it instead of NY, like wtf? I'd never even heard of ED or T&C.. I dunno, maybe it's just Kurt Russells page that's messed up, or my knowledge of him and his movies are questionable.

I love Kurt Russell such a great actor. He's been in a ton of movies. He has done a lot of movies with Director John Carpenter. He rocks any movie he has done.

I totally love Big Trouble in little China. My daughter loves that movie too. 

And Escape from NY was awesome. I think that if we keep having so many criminals in the jails, one day we might have to pick a state to house them all, but not New York. Maybe Iowa lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, CheapJon said:

Anyone noticed that IMDBs "known for" section on actor/director/etc profiles has turned to complete shit?

I was watching The Thing (1982) last week and later went onto Kurt Russells profile and appearantly he's known for The Hateful 8, Escape from LA, Executive Decision and Tango and Cash.

Surely he's more known for The Thing, Tombstone, Miracle, Bone Tomahawk, Escape from NY, GotG2, Big Trouble..., Deepwater Horizon, Christmas Chronicles or Stargate?

Having Escape from LA on it instead of NY, like wtf? I'd never even heard of ED or T&C.. I dunno, maybe it's just Kurt Russells page that's messed up, or my knowledge of him and his movies are questionable.

Bone Tomahawk isn't really well known at all. Tango and Cash was a biggy too depending on the era you're from but if you know Escape from New York, The Thing and Tombstone I'm surprised you don't know about Tango and Cash. Deepwater Horizon also not a biggy as far as I know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

As Good as it Gets...forgot how good this movie is. 

 

32 minutes ago, Rovim said:

masterpiece. Melvin Udall is such a great character and the casting was perfect. Must have watched that movie 15 times since it came out.

Love that movie so much. Just put it on Netflix after reading your posts. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

And I like Passenger 57. Just a pure fluffy entertaining movie. 

That was all i was looking for but i found it to be bad in a bland way. I think my memory may have been conflating it a bit with that Ray Liotta film Turbulence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

That was all i was looking for but i found it to be bad in a bland way. I think my memory may have been conflating it a bit with that Ray Liotta film Turbulence.

That's cool. Not everyone is entertained by it! But not sure I have ever seen Turbulence and I do like Ray Liotta. Will have to check that out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dead Zone (1983)

If i didn't know Cronenberg directed this, i would have never guessed it was him. Very restrained effort. I thought it was okay/pretty good as far as King adaptions go. However before i watched it i thought the political angle was going to be a bigger part of the story. That ended up only being the last 15 minutes or so. So i was expecting something a little different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...