"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Black Sabbath

On 1/18/2021 at 7:08 PM, -W.A.R- said:

The Dead Zone (1983)

If i didn't know Cronenberg directed this, i would have never guessed it was him. Very restrained effort. I thought it was okay/pretty good as far as King adaptions go. However before i watched it i thought the political angle was going to be a bigger part of the story. That ended up only being the last 15 minutes or so. So i was expecting something a little different.

I've always really liked this one. Spot on with your Cronenberg comment, I feel the same way. Walken was great and I thought the supporting cast was also. Herbert Lom, Martin Sheen, Brooke Adams, Anthony Zerbe, and Tom Skerritt(I swear the guy has been in half the movies ever made. Lol.) Top notch performances all around.

Under The Silver Lake (2019) @Oldest Goat have you seen this shit? I know you're a David Lynch fan. This movie is cool. Super weird with a lot of meaning imo. The director (David Robert Mitchell) is very talented and releases a movie only every 4 or 5 years. Recommended if you have the patience for a curve ball. There's one scene in the movie that is brilliant.

• GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Under The Silver Lake (2019) @Oldest Goat have you seen this shit? I know you're a David Lynch fan. This movie is cool. Super weird with a lot of meaning imo. The director (David Robert Mitchell) is very talented and releases a movie only every 4 or 5 years. Recommended if you have the patience for a curve ball. There's one scene in the movie that is brilliant.

Oh you remember I'm a fan of Lynch yes he's wonderful.

Okay I've noted this down will check it out, cheers mate.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What an awesome movie! 

I watched a movie called "the Rhythm Section" with Blake Lively and Jude Law. not a bad movie. Blake was a real bad ass.

I just saw that! I like Blake Lively- and Jude Law, how can you not like him? I found the movie a little slow especially in the beginning, but not bad.

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

Psycho 1-4

I think it was at the end of the second one where he asked how many lumps of sugar the woman who was claiming to be his mother wanted. She said one and he just walloped her over the head with a shovel from behind. That was classic.😄 The third one with Jeff Fahey was decent, by this time it had gotten cheesy which was fine with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:45 AM, lame ass security said:

I think it was at the end of the second one where he asked how many lumps of sugar the woman who was claiming to be his mother wanted. She said one and he just walloped her over the head with a shovel from behind. That was classic.😄 The third one with Jeff Fahey was decent, by this time it had gotten cheesy which was fine with me.

Psycho 2, when he hit her in the head with the shovel.  Then he sat down and finished his sandwich. Good movie, with the beautiful Meg Tilly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JONEZY said:

Psycho 2, when he hit her in the head with the shovel.  Then he sat down and finished his sandwich. Good movie, with the beautiful Meg Tilly.

Right, then I think they showed the scene in the third one as a flashback.  Yeah, Meg Tilly was awesome, Jennifer isn't bad either.

The Rental

Svengoolie The Return of the Vampire with Bela!

On 2/9/2021 at 12:45 AM, lame ass security said:

I liked these movies. Loved the 4th one explaining why Norman was a serial killer. I was glad Anthony Perkins did all of these movies and Normal was okay at the end.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:14 PM, EvanG said:

My Friend Dahmer (2017)

I saw this movie. It was okay. The movie with Jeremy Renner was very good. Gruesome, but explained so much.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 3:13 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I just saw that! I like Blake Lively- and Jude Law, how can you not like him? I found the movie a little slow especially in the beginning, but not bad.

Yeah, Blake was such a bad ass. I know Jude Law never ages. He's still very cute. I just saw him on a cable special called "The Third Day". I forgot what cable channel it was on, I have them all, but it was different but good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 12:14 PM, -W.A.R- said:

They Live (1988)

A film that ive always been aware of and wanted to watch but never did for whatever reason. That 20 minute (felt like it) fist fight scene :lol:

Awesome movie with Roddy Piper. I met Piper and he was super nice. He told the story about how John Carpenter (who directed the movie) asked him speciifically to be in his movie. Roddy was so humbled by it. Pretty cool storyline too.

I watched Svengoolie "The thing that wouldn't die"

Becky with Kevin James ( playing a murder who escapes from a prison van and does a home invasion of Joel McCale's house. searching for something.

What they don't know is Joel's daughter isn't a very good little girl. Awesome killings! Shit I never saw in any movie but was so damn gross and cool to see! This movie was on a premium channel. It was super good.

The Fury. 1978. Depalma co-directed it. Amy Irving ,Kirk Douglas.  I'll give it 3 1\2 out of 5. Explosive ending. Look for young Dennis Franz, Daryll Hannah.