Jump to content

"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition


Black Sabbath

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 1:45 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I watched this 80's movie called "The Horror show" with Lance Hendrickson. It's about a cop who arrests a crazy serial killer, but he comes back to haunt him and his family.

Anyway, the cop's son had two GNR posters in his room along with a Metallica poster. Very cool to see that.

I vaguely remember this one, I've always liked Lance Henriksen though.

Edited by lame ass security
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Let him go" with Kevin Cosner and Diane Ladd

Not what I expected.  It was okay. 

 

21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I vaguely remember this one, I've always liked Lance Henriksen though.

Yeah, I had forgotten this movie, but it was pretty cool. I had the pleasure of meeting Lance at a Texas Frightmare about 10 years ago. It was when Alien vs Predator came out. He was so nice to us. I've always loved his movies. He is such a good actor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The Calling" with Susan Sarandon.

It's from 2014, but it was very good.

Donald Suthderline was in it too.

On 7/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, Sosso said:

Jigsaw (2017)

I did see this movie and I'm more confused than ever with the whole Saw series. lol

Would like to see Spiral. I honestly thought all the Saw killers were dead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I did see this movie and I'm more confused than ever with the whole Saw series. lol

Would like to see Spiral. I honestly thought all the Saw killers were dead?

I havent seen Spiral yet but It's more of a spin-off than a sequel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Svengoolie "I know what you did and I know who you are" Joan Crawford

On 7/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, Sosso said:

I havent seen Spiral yet but It's more of a spin-off than a sequel.

Okay well I do like Chris Rock and I heard he always wanted to be in a Saw movie and it has humor too. And I so love "Samuel L. Jackson. that man is awesome in anything he does!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How To Clear A Room In 90 Minutes Or Less

This is what is called a "mixtape". Just a compilation of some of the most bizarre and fucked up shit that is compiled together. Think of it like an amateur mondo film. There are a TON of mixtapes floating around on the surface and deep/dark web. This tape, in particular, is pretty fucked up. I can't describe it in full but I'll give it a 7 out of 10 just for having clips that aren't regurgitated on other tapes.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I shouldn't have waited so long to see it.

Absolutely loved it. I can understand why some people didnt but for me it was great. Loved the 1969 L.A. setting and the performances were fantastic. As much as I liked Pitt's performance I thought DiCaprio was even better. Not to mention Margot Robbie, awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I shouldn't have waited so long to see it.

How amazing is this movie? both Brad and Leo rocked it. I love the last 45 minutes when those dummies from Manson come to Leo's house. I screamed the whole time. I love how Quentin builds the slow burn and then kills it at the end. Best 45 minutes in a movie ever! Loved M. Robbie playing Sharon, wish it could have been a true ending for her and her friends.

Anyway, just one hell of a movie. Tarantino is one of the best directors of all time. Always love Kurt too.

Leo with the blow torch was epic!

Brad deserved his oscar for sure. Oh, and loved that dog too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw this movie on HBO last night called "the Empty man" it was 2 and a half hours and confusing as hell. I think I got it, but still not sure.

No one really known in it, but it did keep me watching it. Just super weird. Got me still thinking about it though.

Finished "The Red Road". Bummed that there wasn't a 3rd season because it left things undone. Damn it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

How amazing is this movie? both Brad and Leo rocked it. I love the last 45 minutes when those dummies from Manson come to Leo's house. I screamed the whole time. I love how Quentin builds the slow burn and then kills it at the end. Best 45 minutes in a movie ever! Loved M. Robbie playing Sharon, wish it could have been a true ending for her and her friends.

Anyway, just one hell of a movie. Tarantino is one of the best directors of all time. Always love Kurt too.

Leo with the blow torch was epic!

Brad deserved his oscar for sure. Oh, and loved that dog too.

It was truly tremendous. The dog was amazing as was all the performances. The ending through me off, as I was expecting Sharon's murder to take place and I was still expecting it when Leo went up the drive with her friend - I knew of the Tate murders from the Manson family, but I couldn't have told you the names, so was oblivious that it was the three responsible for the killings that met their demise in tremendous fashion in the flick. 

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Absolutely loved it. I can understand why some people didnt but for me it was great. Loved the 1969 L.A. setting and the performances were fantastic. As much as I liked Pitt's performance I thought DiCaprio was even better. Not to mention Margot Robbie, awesome.

She is truly unworldly, but the best performance of the movie for me was from our four legged friend! Ha!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 2:27 PM, Dean said:

It was truly tremendous. The dog was amazing as was all the performances. The ending through me off, as I was expecting Sharon's murder to take place and I was still expecting it when Leo went up the drive with her friend - I knew of the Tate murders from the Manson family, but I couldn't have told you the names, so was oblivious that it was the three responsible for the killings that met their demise in tremendous fashion in the flick. 

She is truly unworldly, but the best performance of the movie for me was from our four legged friend! Ha!

My mom was a teen in 1969 when the Tate murders happened. She loved all the 60's music. Tarantino knows how to pick music for each of his films. I heard him say in an interview, he picks out the music first and then writes the movie around it. He has a room in his house full of vinyl records and starts from there. I thought that was an awesome way to get an idea for a movie. I don't think anyone else works like he does.

yeah, I was afraid to see the ending too. I thought he would have the Tate murders, but when they picked a different house, I knew he was doing his own thing. Just like in Inglorious Bastards with killing Hitler in the movie theatre.

On 7/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, Sosso said:

Fast & Furious 9

Was this good? I usually dvr these movies and speed up a lot of the fast driving car scenes. I honestly hate Charlize T, so if she gets hers in this movie I will be glad to watch it. Was glad to see the Asian guy back. That was a surprise because I thought Jason S killed him.

They do such crazy stunts in these movies. Luckily no one really gets killed in them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"Freaky" with Vince Vaughn

saw Wedding Crashers 2 weeks ago. The energy of Vince with Wilson is almost too much. I like how Owen Wilson gets out of Vaughn something very funny and warm. If you haven't seen it you should. Freaky was pretty good.

Edited by Rovim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Rovim said:

saw Wedding Crashers 2 weeks ago. The energy of Vince with Wilson is almost too much. I like how Owen Wilson gets out of Vaughn something very funny and warm. If you haven't seen it you should. Freaky was pretty good.

Well, Vince was awesome in this movie. he's a serial killer who switches places with a teen age girl. It was horror and Vince was funny playing a teen girl.

It was better than I thought it would be.

A 1970's movie "Alice sweet Alice"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...