"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Black Sabbath

On 8/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, lame ass security said:

I caught about five minutes of Meet Frankenstein last night on TCM. Hilarious. The part I saw was when Lou was playing the recorder thing in the pawn shop and the cobra came out of the basket.😄

Yeah, the cobra was terrible looking.  my mom watched all the abbott and costello movies with her dad and then I watched them with her and now we both watch them with my daughter. some times sharing movies with each new generation is amazing.

All our favorite is "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein".   We still laugh at the same parts. 

I watched this movie on cable called "Falling" with Lance Hendrickson and Viggo Morgensten.  It was so good bit also depressing, but Lance hit his part of a homophobic dad was fantastic. This movie shows how great an actor Lance really is. I actually think he should have been nominated for an award.  Anyway, the movie was very good with some moments that made you angry and others that made you cry.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:41 PM, cqleonardo said:

Mission: Impossible 2.

Terrible movie

I know I've seen all those movies, but don't remember them all. lol I do like the crew that Tom had in these movies though.

• Like 1

The other night I rewatched the two Abrams Star Wars films, Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker.

Awakens has aged terribly for me, and most of the sequel trilogy’s problems can be traced back to that film.

Rise I enjoyed but only cause I pretended that Awakens and Last Jedi didn’t exist and just “filled in the blanks” with my own head. As a self-contained “epilogue” to the original trilogy, Rise is fine. But as a sequel to Last Jedi (a movie that ive grown to like), it’s terrible.

Edited by rocknroll41

21 hours ago, Sosso said:

Red Dragon 

The Silence of the Lambs 

Hannibal 

Wow! Awesome night of movie watching. All three of those movies were amazing.

I watched:

The Suicide Squad  The new release.

Very good. funny and the killings were awesome and gory! Love the shark so much. Loved how Sly made fun of his voice. and of course Harley Quinn kicked major ass! Some surprises I liked and some I didn't. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Currently in lockdown and going through Tarrintino movie's. Just finished H8teful Eight, Django, I Bastards. Cinematic masterpieces.

All amazing movies for sure. Quentin is a genius. Can't believe he'll do one more movie and then retire. I'm sure he'll go out with a bang!

Did you see "Once upon a time in Hollywood" another awesome movie and great music too.

• Like 1

The Burnt Orange Heresy(2019).  I was interested in this movie mostly because Mick Jagger is in it. But I was pleasantly surprised, it's a solid movie. Ol' Mick has a fairly small role, although important, as a sleazy rich art dealer. Donald Sutherland is perfect as an elderly iconic artist. The two leads are good but the guy seems a bit old for that role. The movie is based on a novel.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All amazing movies for sure. Quentin is a genius. Can't believe he'll do one more movie and then retire. I'm sure he'll go out with a bang!

Did you see "Once upon a time in Hollywood" another awesome movie and great music too.

Quentin is a genius and love the way collects and references over movies. I'm sure his movies will be discussed and analysed in film schools around the world for many years to come.

Yeah saw "Once" at movies and loved it. Saving that for Friday. Today we'll start on Grindhouse, love the fake trailers.