"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

What annoys me the most about Bob's Burgers is that those siblings do everything together. Even at school they sit together during lunch.
Don't they have friends to hang out with? When I went to school I didn't sit with my older sister during lunch for crying out loud...
I probably read too much into this, but whatever...

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've only seen the DC, which is the superior version. Saw it for the first time just now. Very impressed with it. It's far superior to The Matrix and I don't say this lightly. And it makes the sequels not even exist lol.

so what you're saying is that... you are of no use to me right now. Thanks for nothing, buddy. Now I have to watch the director's cut to find out for myself if I don't want to spoil it by checking what are the differences between the 2 versions you suck.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I'm honestly kind of pissed off. Fuck The Matrix and the Wachowskis. Explains why the sequels and everything else they do is so shit, they were never that capable to begin with.

Dark City (Director's Cut) = is 5/5 tbh I rank it in my Top 5 sci-fi films of all time. Up there with the likes of 2001 and Blade Runner.

The Matrix 3.9/5

The Matrix Sequels 0/5

I like the first Matrix good movie. Maybe it sounds douchey, but I really try not to compare this shit anymore. Many people are saying Dark City basically explored much if not everything the matrix did eariler but again, I don't care about that shit cause The Matrix was a fun movie that imo had to still offer different things to the viewer. The Wachowskis seem to be full of themselves and did not give the actors any artistic freedom in the matrix which Lawrance Fishburn called "sad" lol.

anyway, I love the style and the script in Dark City and also the casting. So moody. 

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Rovim

Dark City was released in 1998 but finished in 96 - 97 and Wachowskis saw an advanced screening as a Dark City producer was a producer on The Matrix. They used Dark City's sets. They used Dark City's VFX technician. They used Dark City's theme and plot. The guy who plays The Trainman in The Matrix is one of the villains in Dark City. The list goes on. So yeah fuck The Wachowskis the only good movie they've made is The Matrix which is a patchwork of 'heavily' borrowing from Dark City and Ghost in the Shell etc.

interesting. The W. brothers wrote the script to V For Vendetta which is a pretty good movie imo but I'll watch the youtube clip you've posted here, thanks.

I agree and enjoyed the film. But it's interesting that the only stuff they've done that's worthwhile, is based heavily on other people's work. Whereas something entirely their like Jupiter Ascending...yeah...lol.

The first Matrix film was a huge deal to me I saw it when I was a kid. So I just feel kind of betrayed/duped and I also have a lot of sympathy for Alex Proyas who made the better film, Dark City, first.

Matrix City: Reloaded Dark

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Btw speaking of Alan Moore's work, have you seen Watchmen The Ultimate Cut? Been meaning to see it apparently way better than theatrical.

only the peasant version and I didn't enjoy it very much iirc. Liked the mini series that came out not too long ago. That one was cool except the shitty blue makeup they chose to apply to the actor who portrayed Dr. Manhattan. Looked ridiculous. 

It's 3hrs 25mins instead of 2hrs 42mins. Will let you know if it's significant/worthwhile enough.

but I must be honest: Zack Snyder is a fuckin' hack...imo. Yes, 300 was enjoyable but that's pretty much it and it was hella flawed.

55 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I loved 300 tbh. I'm part Greek so I was all like FUCK YEAH THIS. IS. SPARTA. :lol:

Have you seen Sucker Punch? That was awful.

Upgrade (2018)

4/5

oh yeah I think I undersold how much I liked 300. It was really enjoyable. Seen it more than once. Sucker Punch was dog shit.

21 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

'Dark City' - Director's Cut (1998)

5/5

@Rovim

thanks for this. Saw the director's cut last night and it was a lot better than the theatrical release, which now seems really lame compared to this version. 

Edited by Rovim