The True Story Behind Dust N' Bones & An Izzy Book Of the Same Name

2 hours ago, sidman69 said:

This week I'm looking back at Dust N' Bones including Axl getting into an arguement with a fan during a live performance of the song. I also look at the book of the same name as the song that was supposed to be released about Izzy. 

Love your work as always....how ever I wanted to point out a very minor technical inaccuracy.  Q95 is actually an Indianapolis radio station (not Lafayette), its signal is strong enough to be heard in Lafayette (Lafayette is 60 miles north-northwest of Indianapolis).

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Only Izzy can have an unofficial book which is as elusive as himself.

As sad as it sounds, I was around on the forums back then and know that a few copies did get shipped.

The first couple of reviews on the Izzy forum slammed the book because it spelt Izzys name wrong on the first page and huge chunks of the book were blatantly lifted from online articles which fans had attempted to translate. The timeline was a complete mess too apparently, with random quotes from different years being spliced together for no reason.

I've not read it myself as I've never seen a single copy on Ebay in the last 12 years :lol: I do remember the author of the book joining our Izzy forum back in the day though, and he called us all "fuckin trekkies" because the bad reviews had started coming in :facepalm:

If anyone on this forum has a copy I'll give ya $100 + shipping for it.

1 minute ago, downliner said:

As sad as it sounds, I was around on the forums back then and know that a few copies did get shipped.

The first couple of reviews on the Izzy forum slammed the book because it spelt Izzys name wrong on the first page and huge chunks of the book were blatantly lifted from online articles which fans had attempted to translate. The timeline was a complete mess too apparently, with random quotes from different years being spliced together for no reason.

I've not read it myself as I've never seen a single copy on Ebay in the last 12 years :lol: I do remember the author of the book joining our Izzy forum back in the day though, and he called us all "fuckin trekkies" because the bad reviews had started coming in :facepalm:

Strange sort of insult, calling you Star Trek fans!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, downliner said:

i remember that too, the guy copied and pasted internet articles, i dont think the book is worth 10 cents!