DC Movie Universe is a mess

rocknroll41

3 hours ago, tifalucis said:

No wonder that franchise is so messed up :facepalm:

and I just remembered that Marvel Studios even makes sure that every actors and actresses involved, understand their characters. Marvel would invite them to their HQ and gives them comic books about their characters to read and even explaining about all the famous arc their characters have been written in so the actors and actresses can know exactly what would be the inside of their characters mind.

It also doesn't help that the director they got to start this universe once said he didn't like batman begins cause he thought batman should've been raped in prison, and that he only likes movies where people have sex in them. On top of that, his writing partner once said that she-hulk was only created so that hulk could have someone to fuck, and then when a fan pointed out to him that she-hulk is actually hulk's cousin, he said something to him like "I bet you've never been laid."

these are the people making your DC movies, folks.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 10:30 AM, rocknroll41 said:

It also doesn't help that the director they got to start this universe once said he didn't like batman begins cause he thought batman should've been raped in prison, and that he only likes movies where people have sex in them. On top of that, his writing partner once said that she-hulk was only created so that hulk could have someone to fuck, and then when a fan pointed out to him that she-hulk is actually hulk's cousin, he said something to him like "I bet you've never been laid."

hahahaha too funny! :rofl-lol: but sooooo on point!

• Like 1

On 01/02/2017 at 6:30 PM, rocknroll41 said:

''We need some kinky green 'Hulk sex' in this film'' haha.

• Like 3

The point where Batman v Superman stopped working for me was the moment the movie started, cause we had to pointlessly sit through batman's origin story, which we've already seen like ten times. Then young bruce gets carried out of the hole by bats cause it was a dream or some shit...talk about totally missing the point and confusing your audience right away.

ill admit the Man of Steel revisitation sequence that followed made things a little better, but then that was immediately ruined too in the next scene, when Jimmy olsen is killed literally the minute we meet him. Then Lois smiles as superman violently beats some guy, then they have a pointless scene in a bathtub to try to show "chemistry," then some random lady cries about an attack that superman supposedly did that we didn't get to see on screen where he supposedly used guns (like superman would ever do that) and...God what a terrible movie. It's like a two year old wrote the script or something.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

The point where Batman v Superman stopped working for me was the moment the movie started, cause we had to pointlessly sit through batman's origin story, which we've already seen like ten times. Then young bruce gets carried out of the hole by bats cause it was a dream or some shit...talk about totally missing the point and confusing your audience right away.

ill admit the Man of Steel revisitation sequence that followed made things a little better, but then that was immediately ruined too in the next scene, when Jimmy olsen is killed literally the minute we meet him. Then Lois smiles as superman violently beats some guy, then they have a pointless scene in a bathtub to try to show "chemistry," then some random lady cries about an attack that superman supposedly did that we didn't get to see on screen where he supposedly used guns (like superman would ever do that) and...God what a terrible movie. It's like a two year old wrote the script or something.

this is an awesome post!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, I didn't understand the bathub scene. Close ups of water splashing on the floor. We get it, they fucked. Snyder should go back to doing 300-style films complete with boobs and gore. 

I think it is time to pull the plug.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Exactly what I did. It is actually unwatchable.

I will attempt to resume it, because I heard Gal Gadot was the best part.

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yeah, I didn't understand the bathub scene. Close ups of water splashing on the floor. We get it, they fucked. Snyder should go back to doing 300-style films complete with boobs and gore. 

I think it is time to pull the plug.

I will attempt to resume it, because I heard Gal Gadot was the best part.

Yeah, she was, but she only does awesome shit near the end of the film.

And i agree. Time to pull the plug. Reboot!

I mean she was enough to get people excited for Wonder Woman.

I've always felt DC is better when they do stand alone. Nolan's Batman worked. Donnor's Superman worked. Even Burton's Batman worked for a couple films. I can also see The Flash and Wonder Woman working. But Justice League? Leave that for TV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I mean she was enough to get people excited for Wonder Woman.

I've always felt DC is better when they do stand alone. Nolan's Batman worked. Donnor's Superman worked. Even Burton's Batman worked for a couple films. I can also see The Flash and Wonder Woman working. But Justice League? Leave that for TV.

Exactly. But considering the fact that marvel made over a billion with each avengers film (the first of which was the 3rd highest-grossing movie of all time for a point), you know dc is desparate to get justice league out so they can at least try to reach those numbers.

So far they are failing. Wonder Woman looks promising at least. 

Finished Batman V Superman. It was the theatrical version and what a mess it was. The fight scenes were good and I have to say, Batman rescuing Martha was bad ass. Wonder Woman was great too. I actually like Cavill's Superman but the writing was shit. I don't see how the Director's Cut would be any better but I need to check it out.

On 04/02/2017 at 8:16 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I actually enjoyed every part you just described negatively. Batman's origin was short thank God and young Bruce leaving the hole taken by bats was a nice allegory IMO. (the Metropolis destruction from Batman's point of view was awesome.) Jimmy Olsen is not important in this version of the Universe, what's the problem in killing him? Ironman's girlfriend also smiles when she sees Tony Stark returning from killing some bad guys. What's your point here? I think you got the gun attack scene wrong. It's far from being perfect but I'd take it over any other superhero movie. Just for WW's theme alone, actually.

8 hours ago, maynard said:

I actually enjoyed every part you just described negatively. Batman's origin was short thank God and young Bruce leaving the hole taken by bats was a nice allegory IMO. (the Metropolis destruction from Batman's point of view was awesome.) Jimmy Olsen is not important in this version of the Universe, what's the problem in killing him? Ironman's girlfriend also smiles when she sees Tony Stark returning from killing some bad guys. What's your point here? I think you got the gun attack scene wrong. It's far from being perfect but I'd take it over any other superhero movie. Just for WW's theme alone, actually.

-just because the origin was short this time doesn't mean we needed to see it again for the umpteenth time.

-I suppose the bats thing is a matter of interpretation. I personally prefer the Begins take on it where bats were his fear and he learned to overcome said fear by basically becoming it, and then using that transformation in turn to inflict fear on his enemies. Just makes more sense for me that way. But that's a matter of personal taste I suppose.

-it feels like a slap-in-the-face taking an important comic character like olsen and making him a cia operative without any explanation and then killing him literally the minute we meet him. Idk it just kinda bums me out that we'll never see Clark Kent and Jimmy olsen interact now.

-the thing with ironman is that being a douche is part of his personality and it's always been that way since the original comics. Making superman act like ironman/batman/wolverine is just...idk weird. And btw in case there was any confusion, I was referring to the scene where Lois smiles and she lowers her arms from the guy strangling her and then superman smiles back and takes that guy thru like five walls.

-how did I get the gun attack scene wrong? I haven't seen the extended cut so am I missing something?

The complaints about Batman killing people is kind of hollow since in the comics he has killed people. Like the earliest issues when they were establishing the character and later in the 1980's and the Frank Miller version which the movie was based on. So in a way it is not too out of character.

I guess the origin story was needed to explain the Martha scene, but that is probably the most complained about part of the film. Also we get the parents murder in Batman, Batman Forever and Batman Begins. I guess it is important to the character but it has gotten to the point where it is parodied in Lego Movie. Before the story had to be retold because Burton and the writer had it so The Joker killed Bruce's parents which was then retold in Batman Forever without mentioning The Joker. Batman Begins was a reboot so the story had to be retold again so by this time around though it isn't in the same universe, it is just redundant. Make the killer look more Hispanic I guess.

I also didn't like how it sort of made it seem like it was Thomas Wayne's fault because he decided to take a swing at the man with the loaded gun. 

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

18 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

The complaints about Batman killing people is kind of hollow since in the comics he has killed people. Like the earliest issues when they were establishing the character and later in the 1980's and the Frank Miller version which the movie was based on. So in a way it is not too out of character.

I guess the origin story was needed to explain the Martha scene, but that is probably the most complained about part of the film. Also we get the parents murder in Batman, Batman Forever and Batman Begins. I guess it is important to the character but it has gotten to the point where it is parodied in Lego Movie. Before the story had to be retold because Burton and the writer had it so The Joker killed Bruce's parents which was then retold in Batman Forever without mentioning The Joker. Batman Begins was a reboot so the story had to be retold again so by this time around though it isn't in the same universe, it is just redundant. Make the killer look more Hispanic I guess.

I also didn't like how it sort of made it seem like it was Thomas Wayne's fault because he decided to take a swing at the man with the loaded gun. 

I don't really think the origin flashback was needed to explain the Martha thing. Just having bruce visit the grave that says Martha Wayne on it (which he does about midway thru the film) is enough for the audience to visually understand what goes on in batman's head, so to speak, and what drives him. You can just cut back to that scene (without the nightmare part) when superman says "Martha" near the end and it would be enough for the audience to "get it," I would think.