How is the sound quality at concerts?

i sat in the back lower bowl for Nashville and the sound was perfect. They really went all out with the audio for those sitting further back, but in front the stage. It was synched up with the screens, so there was virtually no sound delay. 

In Dallas i sat further up on Duffs the side of the stage and found it hard to hear Slash in the mix. But as others have mentioned, that show was plagued with audio problems as that venue is huge.

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The venue i will be going to is notorious for poor sound quality, and it seems some people were having similar problems at Wellington yesterday. Just how bad has it been for all of you have attended a prior show, especially those who had to sit in the stands?

Cheers!

I was really curious about this going intot the tour opener at Ford Field. Some concerts I've seen there have had terrible sound so I was concerned. The mix ended up being excellent overall though, so I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

i sat in the back lower bowl for Nashville and the sound was perfect. They really went all out with the audio for those sitting further back, but in front the stage. It was synched up with the screens, so there was virtually no sound delay. 

In Dallas i sat further up on Duffs the side of the stage and found it hard to hear Slash in the mix. But as others have mentioned, that show was plagued with audio problems as that venue is huge.

I read an article about the sound at ATT stadium. Bands don't use the in house speakers so there is that reverb at higher sections. I was there too and it was weird.

The shows in San Diego and LA were pretty decent sound wise - although in San Diego I was off to the left side and at times it was hard to hear Axl in some spots

Overall sometimes I would say you are just at mercy of the sonic qualities of the venue at hand no matter the sound guy, like at the Staples Center there has not been a single show there where I was happy with the sound

58 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I read an article about the sound at ATT stadium. Bands don't use the in house speakers so there is that reverb at higher sections. I was there too and it was weird.

Me too. It wasn't as bad after the stadium started filling up, but during the opener it was almost unbearable to listen to.

• Like 1

I was only in the stands in Vegas (second night), I know it's an arena so it's different but the sound was pretty good. I was up front at the other 2 shows and the sound was still pretty clear. But the sound guys can't really do anything about how a venue is designed, if the venue you're going to has notoriously bad sound, then it's probably just not going to sound as good as other shows. Which show are you going to?

In San Diego at the Qualcomm Stadium (an old stadium, don't know if it makes much of a difference), I sat 3 rows up nearest the floor at the bottom left side of the stands and sounded great. Didn't exxperience any sound issues that took away from the experience, although Duff's bass guitar didn't have any clarity to it as a result of the echo created by an open air stadium, so it was basically just a big low end "boom" of notes. At Dodger Stadium, I sat in the middle of the floor so the sound was much more clear.

Edit: Actually on second thought, the lack of clarity on the bass may be due the loudness of the concert (the louder something gets, the more indistinguishable it becomes. Which is why many wear earplugs to concerts)

Edited by Mendez

18 minutes ago, Mendez said:

In San Diego at the Qualcomm Stadium (an old stadium, don't know if it makes much of a difference), I sat 3 rows up nearest the floor at the bottom left side of the stands and sounded great. Didn't exxperience any sound issues that took away from the experience, although Duff's bass guitar didn't have any clarity to it as a result of the echo created by an open air stadium, so it was basically just a big low end "boom" of notes. At Dodger Stadium, I sat in the middle of the floor so the sound was much more clear.

Sucks when you can't hear the bass Bc their first song is ISE and if that's going to be the opener there needs to be some pop to his bass. 

8 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Sucks when you can't hear the bass Bc their first song is ISE and if that's going to be the opener there needs to be some pop to his bass. 

Its just on low notes (which is mostly all the time)