Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

4 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Ive asked before about removing the "edited" line after you edit your post but was told that was a no-go.

Was wondering if we could atleast have a window to edit post before that line shows up...say like a minute or two.

Sorry, that's not technically possible unfortunately.

• Like 1

If you change to the default theme, all the functions will work properly. You can find the theme selector in the very bottom-left corner of any page on the site.

We're working on adding the new forum features into the custom theme; should be ready over the next few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies for the various service disruptions.  Almost every time the forum software is updated we also need to update the themed skin.  Usually this isn't a big deal and the company/person we use does so without much effort or cost.  This update, however, comes with a $200 USD update cost.  

This forum is paid for by three revenue streams: Google Adsense, Club Memberships, and my own pocket.  Unfortunately hosting costs have gone up (or, better said, my ability to scale costs has decreased) while revenues through Adsense have gone down.  For seven of the last eight months I have had to dip into my own pocket to cover costs where revenues have fallen short.  

As such, I have to manage forum costs with my own personal finances (my wife and I are expecting our first child in a few months) and hence it might take a little longer to restore all the functions we know and love. 

Everything should be back to normal in early September.  Good news is we'll be launching a blog feature to this forum.  We're very excited about this new feature coming along soon!

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Everything should be back to normal in early September.  Good news is we'll be launching a blog feature to this forum.  We're very excited about this new feature coming along soon!

I'm interested to hear about this blog thing. What's the layout and all that going to be like? 

Congrats on the kid btw

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm interested to hear about this blog thing. What's the layout and all that going to be like? 

Congrats on the kid btw

Thanks.  We're going to be beta-testing for a week or so once everything gets restored.  We'll announce everything once we get an idea ourselves.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

As such, I have to manage forum costs with my own personal finances (my wife and I are expecting our first child in a few months) and hence it might take a little longer to restore all the functions we know and love.

What!? You selfish prick!

Nah, just kidding, congratulations :)

23 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I no longer have "like" buttons showing.....I'm guessing all part of the same update glitch? 

Yes. You can find like, sad, confused, haha and thank you buttons if you switch to the default theme in the bottom lefthand corner though.

Should you try that: beware, it's very white :shades:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1