Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

The gender icons are very easily fixed - I just need icons! The original files have gone missing.

Seems an easy thing to find but I wanted to remake some that didn't look lame with our grey background. They have to work at a very small size (think 20x20px) and have a transparent background.

Edited by highvoltage

Drawing your attention to the glitchy like button again:

By way of demonstration: see how in this thread I can like @Gackt post but it won't let me like @soon post?  It's like that all over the forum where I can like one post but not another.  Just wondering if there's anything that can be done about this?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

By way of demonstration: see how in this thread I can like @Gackt post but it won't let me like @soon post?  It's like that all over the forum where I can like one post but not another.  Just wondering if there's anything that can be done about this?

seems that people arent able to tag me either?

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Are you not getting the notifications?

I have noticed a few times where people may be tagging me; where they are responding to me and write my name but Im not tagged.  I dont know for sure if they are trying to but would assume.  With Myprettytiedupmichelle after she couldn't 'like' she also seems to maybe have tried to tag me as she was trying to notify my of the glitch but I wasnt notified of tag - just see my name.  So Im not sure?

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Does this happen under the default theme? And if you refresh the page, is it the same every time?

I wonder if this has to do with your browser as I haven't seen anyone else with this particular issue. Mobile only?

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It happens with GNR theme (the grey one). I have signed out and back in again but the problem persists.  I'm not techy I'm afraid, how do I know if it's my browser?  If it is, any advice? :)

Thanks for replying. :)

A few more questions:

- If you change to the "Default" theme (click "theme" in the very bottom-left corner of any page on the website), does it still happen?

- If you refresh a thread, does it happen to the same posts every time?

- Are you on desktop or mobile?

20 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

and when I refresh page.

You said you could like some posts in a thread but not all, right?

Do the posts you can like change when you refresh the page? Or is it the same posts every time?

Sorry for the super-specific questions, this is just a strange problem.

4 hours ago, soon said:

I have noticed a few times where people may be tagging me; where they are responding to me and write my name but Im not tagged.  I dont know for sure if they are trying to but would assume.  With Myprettytiedupmichelle after she couldn't 'like' she also seems to maybe have tried to tag me as she was trying to notify my of the glitch but I wasnt notified of tag - just see my name.  So Im not sure?

@soon, could just be a coincidence - I don't think there's any particular issue tagging your account.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, highvoltage said:

You said you could like some posts in a thread but not all, right?

Do the posts you can like change when you refresh the page? Or is it the same posts every time?

Sorry for the super-specific questions, this is just a strange problem.

I don't know if these screenshots will help at all.

So in this one my thanks shows up.  (I did this just a few minutes ago)

m30xowV.png

And this one in the same thread, a minute later, the like gets 'coloured in' but it doesn't show up on the post.

uJW1j5s.png

This is an example of what's been happening.  A couple of posts later, whether in a different thread or same thread, my like will show up, but then for another post it won't.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

I haven't been able to access the forum from anything other than my phone for 3 days now. If I try to log on any other way I get this error message "ERROR The request could not be satisfied. Request blocked. Generated by cloudfront"

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

---

Edit: Nevermind... It's working now. :blink:

Edited by Zoot

Hi, I know the site is under construction but is the finsl background color white? I guess it's not really important but sometimes text looks like it's redacted but I think people are highlighting , maybe the white background makes it unable to show up?

1 hour ago, Pishy said:

Hi, I know the site is under construction but is the finsl background color white? I guess it's not really important but sometimes text looks like it's redacted but I think people are highlighting , maybe the white background makes it unable to show up?

Not staff, but the background is black. I have the theme on MYGNRforum (new) (default) in the bottom left corner.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

Not staff, but the background is black. I have the theme on MYGNRforum (new) (default) in the bottom left corner.

Thank you , I remember it used to be dark then we needed to change it to white to make the like button operate .

some of my text is highlighted or looks like it's redacted . I read those parts and nothing obscene. I never used any special features.   now that I turned the background back to dark, there is a white highlight box over some sentences , looks weird , like I'm emphasizing random things or maybe it's been deleted by staff . No clue 

thanks for the help 

I can't find my thread in the main section.  It was titled "Do Guns have it in them to release another album....I think they do...."

The thread was about how Megadeth recently released their 15th album in 30 years and it won a Grammy...basically saying it is possible for Guns to release a quality album, even at this point. 

I'm guessing it was deleted?  Smh. 

I'm experiencing a few glitches myself , wondering if it's a phone v comp thing . Text is highlighted randomly but I'm positive I didn't highlight it myself 

I also can't see the list of who I have followed in the past , where can I find that? Thanks