Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

4 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Regarding the C+D's the forum has received in the past, Are we allowed to discuss what recordings are out there/available? No links but discussing which shows have audio/video avaiable and in what format.

Don't want to cause a shit storm

I think it's ok to say what's about but no links to bootlegs etc. Also make it clear to others not to ask for links in the chat. Hope that helps :)

10 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Regarding the C+D's the forum has received in the past, Are we allowed to discuss what recordings are out there/available? No links but discussing which shows have audio/video avaiable and in what format.

Don't want to cause a shit storm

The moment this place becomes HTGTH and we'll have to pretend the leaks don't exist (i.e. any threads/mentions of them will get deleted immediately) will be the moment of my departure, I can tell you that. 
I don't expect any such nonsense to happen here, though! 

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I think it's ok to say what's about but no links to bootlegs etc. Also make it clear to others not to ask for links in the chat. Hope that helps :)

So saying for arguments sake that "silver bullet" is a silver cd and is a recording for the ritz 88 and that 20/01/91, 23/01/91, 02/07/91 are all available as live audo is fine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, @SoundOfAGun and I collaborated on a track and it has gotten really positive response. It was suggested that maybe we ask if it could be moved to the main section for a time. It has a really strong Guns/Velvet Revolver vibe. I'm not sure what the forum policy is on this so we thought we would ask you guys. Thanks.

Edited by lame ass security
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Hi, @SoundOfAGun and I collaborated on a track and it has gotten really positive response. It was suggested that maybe we ask if it could be moved to the main section for a time. It has a really strong Guns/Velvet Revolver vibe. I'm not sure what the forum policy is on this so we thought we would ask you guys. Thanks.

Congrats on your song. I've alerted Downzy to your request and we'll get back to you.

• Thanks 2

On 2/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, jamillos said:

Just FYI, the "gender" icons have been broken for weeks, did you guys know this? 

Is that because there's now 50,000 of them and the host ran out of memory? :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:26 PM, alfierose said:

Congrats on your song. I've alerted Downzy to your request and we'll get back to you.

Hi, sorry to bother you again, just wondering if Downzy had contacted you. I had actually sent a message to him prior to asking here, I don't know if there's a specific protocol on here. I apologize if I deviated from that. Anyway, thanks.

14 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Hi, sorry to bother you again, just wondering if Downzy had contacted you. I had actually sent a message to him prior to asking here, I don't know if there's a specific protocol on here. I apologize if I deviated from that. Anyway, thanks.

Sorry, we did have a brief discussion just before the tour kicked off. I then sort of forgot about it so apologies.

We both agreed that we can't use D&N as a means of generating traffic for non GNR threads. This isn't personal as I think what you're doing is great - it's more about not setting a precedent. If we say yes to you it makes it harder in the future to turn anyone else down who has similar requests.

We did however discuss ways in which we could highlight popular/interesting threads on the homepage to maybe give them a bit more traction. I'm aware that other sections of the forum end up sparsely visited sometimes. So that's something we're going to see about working on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Apologies for not getting back to you. It’s been a busy couple of weeks both on and off the forum.

@alfierose covers our response. We can’t make exception for one person and not for others. We don’t even really allow discussion of current and former members side projects in the D&N section.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Sorry, we did have a brief discussion just before the tour kicked off. I then sort of forgot about it so apologies.

We both agreed that we can't use D&N as a means of generating traffic for non GNR threads. This isn't personal as I think what you're doing is great - it's more about not setting a precedent. If we say yes to you it makes it harder in the future to turn anyone else down who has similar requests.

We did however discuss ways in which we could highlight popular/interesting threads on the homepage to maybe give them a bit more traction. I'm aware that other sections of the forum end up sparsely visited sometimes. So that's something we're going to see about working on.

No problem, I totally understand. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for bother, but some rare happen today. I browser in the forum and isn't appear in the list my name, also disappear number of reactions to me. Plus in any browser thread said it "No registred users viewing this page" Please help. Thanks. 😐

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Sorry for bother, but some rare happen today. I browser in the forum and isn't appear in the list my name, also disappear number of reactions to me. Plus in any browser thread said it "No registred users viewing this page" Please help. Thanks. 😐

We've updated the forum software today. Hopefully it's a temporary thing @downzy @highvoltage

In the meantime maybe try logging out of the forum and your browser then going back in again. Just in case that makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

We've updated the forum software today. Hopefully it's a temporary thing @downzy @highvoltage

In the meantime maybe try logging out of the forum and your browser then going back in again. Just in case that makes a difference.

Thank you @alfierosejust now my reply to you is  "No registered users viewing this page" :D. I hope tomorrow it issue to solve. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, I've looked at image section and sig sections but couldn't find anything, but i need help posting pictures.

Can they be linked or posted from a pinterest board? They are concert pictures

Right click on the image and go down to "copy image address" then simply paste the link into your post and it should work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2