Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 8:17 PM, ssiscool said:

Random question, How come some sections go back to 2004 (My World), Some go to 2013 (D&N), Some go to 2012 (Anything Goes) and some go to 2005 (Nice Boys). 

Depends when they were made I think. The forum has been remodelled a few times.

Also could be due to the archiving we did a few years back of older stuff and the clean up we had to do to get our Adsense back.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Making me happy should not be your aim. The staff should be well aware of lgbtq struggles and be striving for inclusion.

Your move!

so trans would be acceptable for you? Or are you asking for your sexual orientation to be added?

Just to clear up the confusion we used to have pretty symbols as an option but they were custom made. When we upgraded the forum they no longer worked and I couldn't find a way to fix it so I set it back to the default setting which is M/F/not telling. It might not suit absolutely everyone but I think we'll somehow survive.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, janrichmond said:

what should the other option say? I don't get how saying there's only 2 genders is transphobic.

Not transphobic but...

Many Zoomers have begun to argue that there are actually 72 genders, though only 2 sexes - which is of course male and female. 

There are some forums/websites that I'm on that have Male / Female / Transgender / Non-binary / Other as their gender options. 

Since it's not actually a 'gender option', rather a 'sex option', I think it's fine that we just have the M / F / Not telling, but I thought I might just share this. 

Edited by opalho
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think your friend here confuses the terms "sex" and "gender". Sex is given biologically, and unless you’re a hermaphrodite or from a different planet, there are only two options. That's a fact, you can ask any doctor. Or future archaeologists, when they find your skeletons. Whereas as for genders, there theoretically can be an infinite amount of those. 
But since your forum is not asking about gender, you’re not doing anything wrong here. Male/female/not telling, that's all. 
And as for gender, god bless everyone, I profess freedom and all; but on the other hand, nobody should expect people to immediately adjust their dictionary or rework all the signs on doors and all the blank forms in offices just because you’re feeling different all of a sudden. And what do you put there? Dozens of them? And how fast do you update it? If you’re sensitive about your pronouns, that’s your internal problem, not mine. Perhaps you should think about this insecurity of yours. 
Peace. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, opalho said:

Not transphobic but...

Many Zoomers have begun to argue that there are actually 72 genders, though only 2 sexes - which is of course male and female.  

I feel old. What the hell is a "zoomer"? And how the hell do you get to 72? 

FYI, people can refer to themselves as they want. If they want to identify as a penguin that's up to them. It's none of my business. However when people start pushing their beliefs onto others, that's where I have a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

A helpful link for anyone confused

https://www.healthline.com/health/transphobia

Imagine suggesting nonbinary isn't real.

Imagine being a dying forum finding a hateful hill to die on.

Imagine you first google the difference between the terms "sex" (which is what's actually applicable to this situation) and "gender" (which the forum doesn't ask about), like I've suggested above. The confusion is on your end, buddy. And googling is not that difficult. ;)

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Imagine you first google the differene between the terms "sex" (which is what's actually applicable to this situation) and "gender" (which the forum doesn't ask about), like I've suggested above. The confusion is on your end, buddy. And googling is not that difficult. ;)

The confusion, along with faux outage. 

• Like 1