Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

I'm not a mod but your thread looks like it was locked, not deleted. You're massively over-reacting.

I truly couldn't make heads or tails of what you were trying to say. Mods lock threads that don't make obvious sense, it's part of what they do to keep the place tidy. It (very likely) has nothing to do with the sentiment of your post.

Maybe spend some time articulating yourself next time so people can actually make sense of your point. Further to that, making a shitty thread like this is definitely the right way to piss the staff off rather than make them see your point of view. :shrugs: 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I created a topic the other day asking when Richard Fortus is doing a Rick Dufay

Rick Dufay (guitar replacement in aerosmith, early 80s) saw the greater picture.

he (and his career) was (were) NOT more important than Aerosmith.

so, in the words of joe perry, rick dufay commited "career suicide" by suggesting to steven tyler that he should get together with joe perry and brad whitford -- which he did

i basically asked WHEN is richard fortus doing that

its a legitimate question.

but thread has been closed or deleted

www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/216005-so-when-is-richard-fortus-doing-a-rick-dufay/&do=findComment&comment=4230623

you guys did a fucking JARMO on me?

what a waste

thats the most UN-GNR you guys could have done

i thought you guys here knew better

i really hope you have a good explanation for jarmoing, ops, censoring a legitimate question

thanks

I answer to your question. Richard is not gonna say jackshit about anything. In case you haven't noticed they are not talking. Only Axl, Slash and Duff threw us a bone. But they didn't go into many details we would like to know about the reunion, Pitman and other issues.  They have contracts, gag orders or internal rules, whatever it is call. I find it really stupid from their part but they have the right to make any rules they want. 

P.S. Mods maybe this thing could be move to Civil War so our friend here wouldn't feel he got Jarmo'd :lol:

I didn't lock this but I almost did for the reasons HV pointed out, I left it in the end because it wasn't offensive or anything and thought I would see where it went first. I suspect the mod who locked it probably felt the same but just decided to act on it.

Sorry you are upset at it being locked but I don't really see what you were trying to achieve with it.

12 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I created a topic the other day asking when Richard Fortus is doing a Rick Dufay

Rick Dufay (guitar replacement in aerosmith, early 80s) saw the greater picture.

he (and his career) was (were) NOT more important than Aerosmith.

so, in the words of joe perry, rick dufay commited "career suicide" by suggesting to steven tyler that he should get together with joe perry and brad whitford -- which he did

i basically asked WHEN is richard fortus doing that

its a legitimate question.

but thread has been closed or deleted

www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/216005-so-when-is-richard-fortus-doing-a-rick-dufay/&do=findComment&comment=4230623

you guys did a fucking JARMO on me?

what a waste

thats the most UN-GNR you guys could have done

i thought you guys here knew better

i really hope you have a good explanation for jarmoing, ops, censoring a legitimate question

thanks

6 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I'm not a mod but your thread looks like it was locked, not deleted. You're massively over-reacting.

I truly couldn't make heads or tails of what you were trying to say. Mods lock threads that don't make obvious sense, it's part of what they do to keep the place tidy. It (very likely) has nothing to do with the sentiment of your post.

Maybe spend some time articulating yourself next time so people can actually make sense of your point. Further to that, making a shitty thread like this is definitely the right way to piss the staff off rather than make them see your point of view. :shrugs: 

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I didn't lock this but I almost did for the reasons HV pointed out, I left it in the end because it wasn't offensive or anything and thought I would see where it went first. I suspect the mod who locked it probably felt the same but just decided to act on it.

Sorry you are upset at it being locked but I don't really see what you were trying to achieve with it.

I'm the one who ended up locking it. The reasons stated above are part of it. The other part is that there are already many threads that have been going on the exact topic of "Richard and/or Frank shouldn't be there", "Why won't Richard and/or Frank do the right thing and step aside?" and so on. There's just no need for another thread on the same subject to share the one comparison of a guy who was in Aersomith. There's absolutely no censorship whatsoever going on, as I mentioned the topic has been discussed to death already. If we were censoring things in anyway, any number of those topics would have just been removed instead of left open for healthy debate as they were.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if thats the right topic to ask, but I don't know where else and I'm curious:

What happend on November 27th, 2014? Because when you go to the start-page of mygnrforum, scroll down and look at the member statistics, it says that this is the day the most people were online at the same time. Was there something special that day, so that many came online? Or is it just coincidence? Because I don't remember any special announcements or something from the band that day.

23 hours ago, Harry Sunrise said:

Don't know if thats the right topic to ask, but I don't know where else and I'm curious:

What happend on November 27th, 2014? Because when you go to the start-page of mygnrforum, scroll down and look at the member statistics, it says that this is the day the most people were online at the same time. Was there something special that day, so that many came online? Or is it just coincidence? Because I don't remember any special announcements or something from the band that day.

Not sure I don't remember anything either. Maybe someone else has an explanation.

• 4 weeks later...

Im here since quite a while now, but I don't know how to do one thing, it may sound dumb, but how do you take a quote from one thread and post it another?

I usually copy and paste, but how do you take the whole box of the quote to another thread? if you get what I mean. 

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Im here since quite a while now, but I don't know how to do one thing, it may sound dumb, but how do you take a quote from one thread and post it another?

I usually copy and paste, but how do you take the whole box of the quote to another thread? if you get what I mean. 

Under the post you want to quote hit the "+" button(the multi-quote).  Then proceed to the thread you want and go to reply, once in reply on the bottom right side it will show "quote 1 post" click that and the quote will appear for ya

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Under the post you want to quote hit the "+" button(the multi-quote).  Then proceed to the thread you want and go to reply, once in reply on the bottom right side it will show "quote 1 post" click that and the quote will appear for ya

Thanks man, I din't know it was that easy lol, I have hit the + button before, but dint know what it do.

Thanks for the help again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

That women's discussion thread is all kinds of fucked up and should not be allowed.

I know someone will give a nice PC explanation about why it's there etc but the truth is that that thread is FUCKED.

It's scary.

It's not to everyone's taste but from a moderation point of view the reason it stands is to prevent the discussions there (and pictures) derailing D&N threads which was happening a fair bit before it was started. It is monitored and warnings have been issued if it steps over a line.

However, the content no longer appears in the side bar so if you do not like the thread don't enter it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alfierose said:

It's not to everyone's taste but from a moderation point of view the reason it stands is to prevent the discussions there (and pictures) derailing D&N threads which was happening a fair bit before it was started. It is monitored and warnings have been issued if it steps over a line.

However, the content no longer appears in the side bar so if you do not like the thread don't enter it.

I don't expect anything to happen about it, just really needed to say that it's fucked.

It's fucked.

Thank you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 4:54 AM, DR DOOM said:

I don't expect anything to happen about it, just really needed to say that it's fucked.

It's fucked.

Thank you.

I agree. I think a lot of the posters in there are fine, but the times I saw it pop up in the side bar it often had really creepy and in depth discussion. It just gives this place a bad name imo. I guess its a part of free speech, and this shit would be expected with the reunion. But god damn...

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

What happened to the Ithread? I am not able to find it. 

Since Snake-Pit started it, I think it was automatically hidden when his account was limited. Since this thread was popular and I didn't see anything controversial in it, I have un-hidden it and hopefully it should be OK to use now. 

Not going to do this for any other of his threads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Since Snake-Pit started it, I think it was automatically hidden when his account was limited. Since this thread was popular and I didn't see anything controversial in it, I have un-hidden it and hopefully it should be OK to use now. 

Not going to do this for any other of his threads.

Thanks Grace 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have my account deleted?

I ask because I know a post of mine was taken out of context and posted as an article on UltimateGuitar and other news sites-which I was not comfortable with.

I know an option would just be to log out and not post but I really would just like to disappear completely 

I think I saw somewhere on the rules that accounts could not be deleted so I was just wondering.