Alternative Setlist?

They might play some of it at some point as one of their jams. I'm not sure we are going to see more of Slither. It is a miracle they brought back the Wild Horses jam again. And we finally got Nice Boys featuring Angry Anderson. They are dropping things little by little. I'm afraid that's how it is :unsure:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Perfect Crime has been on and off the set list since 2006 but we do have audio of it being sound checked to kick off the SA tour, it was a soundcheck that they played everything on the set list. 

As far as who decides? It's really Axl, Frank could say "hey lets go into Used to Love Her" and Axl will say "fu*k you, start Wish you were here" 

i think it's a mood thing for him. He talked about it in 2012 on TMS and said they played two AC/DC songs that night Bc he needed something to get him going. So usually you get a change in the set when Axl is feeling or not feeling something. This tour he likes to keep it the same. I guess Bc it's such a huge production they are trying to be consistent and on point. 

I'd say 2012 was the last time you got some variation in the set. A lot of CD songs were alternates and would rotate in and out. 2009-2010 is great in terms of change. 

this video has his IEM so you hear some of the process of picking a song to go for at a given time. 

Basically if Axl ask if y'all should play something you do it, if he doesn't then you stick to the set. It's his vocals and so he has a lot of say 

so with this concert for what i hear in this mix axl really was trying to break the record from Inglewood of 1991 ? 

Did you guys seriously delete my post which was clearly humoristic just because it said fuck ou Axel?

What the hell is happening to this place? So if a girl complains about my post I can't tell her to turn around cause I got an use for her? Guys, what the hell is going on here?

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, GN'R MEX said:

so with this concert for what i hear in this mix axl really was trying to break the record from Inglewood of 1991 ? 

Yea he was well aware of what he was doing. He had 2 years to plan this show and wasn't coming back with just another show after finally releasing CD. I think they went 36 songs or something like 3 hours and 45 min 

Also this gem 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Did you guys seriously delete my post which was clearly humoristic just because it said fuck ou Axel?

What the hell is happening to this place? So if a girl complains about my post I can't tell her to turn around cause I got an use for her? Guys, what the hell is going on here?

Maybe start with not acting like a douchebag for once. Might help

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea he was well aware of what he was doing. He had 2 years to plan this show and wasn't coming back with just another show after finally releasing CD. I think they went 36 songs or something like 3 hours and 45 min 

Also this gem 

Wow I wish he still sang Nightrain like that.

also I didn't know they brought back the Wild Horses jam. That's pretty cool!

3 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Maybe start with not acting like a douchebag for once. Might help

Whaaaat? I did nothing wrong. I said they play like 10 covers everynight and can't do Slither? Fuck you Axel :lol:

I think a forum about GN'R should be more open minded about light hearted jokes and a casual dirty word here and there... I mean, this is not a forum about religion or Political Correctness and all that crap right?

You seem to take this place forum seriously Brownstone, may I ask your age?

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Also this gem 

anyone thinks if its posible to see another 3 or 4 hours show again ?

12 minutes ago, GN'R MEX said:

anyone thinks if its posible to see another 3 or 4 hours show again ?

I really don't think the circumstances would require it again. Axl fired his manager after CD released so he fired a guy that had connections to every major promoter in the world. Axl after his album released wanted to tour but was essentially blackballed by the industry. He spent a year with Beta trying to get this tour together and make it work, he talked about the stress of it and the bs he dealt with along the way. It took him a full year to get a date and he has to start his tour in Japan? Not ideal and after a year of being mocked for CD, losing his guitarist, having to bill himself for a tour Axl was pissed off. 

So you get a show like this where Axl is going to come out and just play everything...he was ready to go a year prior and had this wasted year where everyone sh*t on him. Hell he even punched a guy at a airport on his way to Japan. 

Now you have a band who is making promoters a lot of money, they have this huge tour scheduled, Axl is being praised for his role in AC/DC and the reunion. His performances have gotten great reviews. He has nothing to prove at the moment. This is a dream situation for Axl and I think he's just enjoying the moment for once in his life 

• Like 2

It was Taipei, the first show after the release of CD. If I knew he'd punched the paparazzi at LAX before the show it would have made the show even better. I was probably trying to park my car near the stadium. I must have circled the place eight times before taking 2 hours to park in a space half the size of candy bar. Anyway it was worth it. Great setlist. 

On reflection now. Cornrows gone and all the talk of Azoff trying to set up the reunion then, I wonder how close we were to the reunion back then. There must have been a day when, with the CD sales were in the toilet, Azoff calls with his plan to tour CD with Slash and make billions and release CD II with Slash in 2010, Axl might Have thought fuck it. Now Slash is playing Chi dem, Better, TIL, Sorry, Catcher off CD. It's like everything was delayed by 6 years of touring. Sure I'll do a reunion, but first let me tour south America eight times!

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I really don't think the circumstances would require it again. Axl fired his manager after CD released so he fired a guy that had connections to every major promoter in the world. Axl after his album released wanted to tour but was essentially blackballed by the industry. He spent a year with Beta trying to get this tour together and make it work, he talked about the stress of it and the bs he dealt with along the way. It took him a full year to get a date and he has to start his tour in Japan? Not ideal and after a year of being mocked for CD, losing his guitarist, having to bill himself for a tour Axl was pissed off. 

So you get a show like this where Axl is going to come out and just play everything...he was ready to go a year prior and had this wasted year where everyone sh*t on him. Hell he even punched a guy at a airport on his way to Japan. 

Now you have a band who is making promoters a lot of money, they have this huge tour scheduled, Axl is being praised for his role in AC/DC and the reunion. His performances have gotten great reviews. He has nothing to prove at the moment. This is a dream situation for Axl and I think he's just enjoying the moment for once in his life 

i didn't know this man so thats why gnr didn't play any show in 2008?  i really want to be in a 3 or 4 hours show of guns :( lol i want to hear scraped, if the world, irs ,madagascar and all those CD songs that are now forgotten from the setlist