The Best Athlethes of the history..the best moments...Pure Magic

Atrás del Mostrador

4 hours ago, WildStar said:

I'm not an American Football expert but I just watched an OJ Simpson doc and he looked special. 

Oh he's special alright :lol:

Nah he was good. I'd put him behind the other running backs mentioned in this thread, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, but he was really good.

• Like 1

Anyone who doesn't have Wayne Gretzky in their top 5 is insane. The guy statistically dominated hockey more than any other athlete dominated any other sport ever. He is so beyond any other player stats wise it's mind blowing. He has more assists than any other player has total points. The guy scored 92 fucking goals in one season had 214 points in one season. His stats are unreal. 

Also people have to seriously consider Tom Brady in the discussion of greatest athlete of all time. Look at all the other greats at his age. They were all done or way past their prime. That includes Ali, Jordan, Tiger, Gretzky,  whoever you name it. Tom Brady is 39 and is arguably as good now as he's ever been with no signs of slowing down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bono said:

Anyone who doesn't have Wayne Gretzky in their top 5 is insane. The guy statistically dominated hockey more than any other athlete dominated any other sport ever. He is so beyond any other player stats wise it's mind blowing. He has more assists than any other player has total points. The guy scored 92 fucking goals in one season had 214 points in one season. His stats are unreal. 

I don't think there are many hockey fans here :lol:

Having said that, I feel like a very bad Canadian for not posting him :lol: :facepalm:

Edited by Whiskey Rose

11 hours ago, Bono said:

Also people have to seriously consider Tom Brady in the discussion of greatest athlete of all time. Look at all the other greats at his age. They were all done or way past their prime. That includes Ali, Jordan, Tiger, Gretzky,  whoever you name it. Tom Brady is 39 and is arguably as good now as he's ever been with no signs of slowing down. 

If staying at the top level despite age is a factor then Bernard Hopkins is a good shout.  Cant really apply the same criteria with boxers as with other sports though because of the nature of the damage inflicted.

6 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't think there are many hockey fans here :lol:

Having said that, I feel like a very bad Canadian for not posting him :lol: :facepalm:

Gretzky was amazing but Super Mario is up there. His points per game match up and he could hit. 

Pound for Pound Tie Domi was the best fist n knuckles. He was 5'11 and most his opponents were 6'6

5 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Gretzky was amazing but Super Mario is up there. His points per game match up and he could hit. 

Pound for Pound Tie Domi was the best fist n knuckles. He was 5'11 and most his opponents were 6'6

Oh I loved Domi! Was he that tall? I'm actually surprised, he seemed much smaller lol. Did you ever see the documentary about the enforcers in hockey? I can't remember the name of it now, but it was good. Sad and disheartening, but good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh I loved Domi! Was he that tall? I'm actually surprised, he seemed much smaller lol. Did you ever see the documentary about the enforcers in hockey? I can't remember the name of it now, but it was good. Sad and disheartening, but good.

Actually Domi is probably 5'11 with skates on. I've seen Domi What It Takes. The other doc I saw was 'Tough Guys'... Mainly featured lower league enforcers. I think WCL or ECHL. 

13 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Messi is the best Football player I've seen live. Saw him in Barcelona for 20 mins (he was freeking dropped)

Don't forget Stoke can claim Slash but they can also claim the greatest Darts player off all time... Phil 'The Power' Taylor. Boom

Lol.

I think the best footballer I've ever seen play is Cantona, or Bergkamp. I can never decide between the two. Both we're having a blinder of a game when I saw them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol.

I think the best footballer I've ever seen play is Cantona, or Bergkamp. I can never decide between the two. Both we're having a blinder of a game when I saw them. 

Iniesta was great too. I had never rated him so highly till I saw him live. He came on as sub too... It was an unlucky game to go to. Half the team was 'rested'