Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Appreciation Thread

Ralphelmo

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

I miss them so much. I won't forget the feeling that I had during the GNR show in Gdansk. Sweet Child' kicks in and it was so damn strange to hear Axl singing it :D My ears wanted to hear Myles :D

Hahaha :lol: no... not really 

Miss this band so much, Ive honestly havent been feeling it with the GNR "reunion", just hasnt captured the magic of yesteryear. I honestly think Slash+Miles sounds better than current GNR. Not to mention a much larger catalog to pull from. GNR+alter bridge+slash albums = bliss

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, jmapelian said:

The biggest drawback from the Guns reunion is the wall of silence from SMKC :(

If GNR is not interested in making new music it's possible that Slash will use all the stuff he's written during the NITL tour for SMKC.

Since Slash was touring a new record for round about a year and did mainly songwriting in between the concerts, the band met after touring to put the songs together and arrange them. 

That probably means Slash expanded the time of writing new music for a new album from about a year to three years. Till now. 

The follow up to WOF was already ready for recording before the reunion started, so comming together next time could mean rearrange some of the weaker songs or to drop them for the better ones of the new sessions.

There are always some Killer tunes out of every Slash session.

Either that or he has enough stuff for a second record.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmapelian said:

Yeah,  from what I've read,  the album is all but ready to be recorded in the studio and he's going to cut it back to 10-12 songs.

Yes that's what I have in memory too.

Question is if they let it go or if they do some changes. 

I pray for a new GNR record but if not, it would be great when Slash do a record with the best songs he has written in the past 4 years.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2017 at 11:06 AM, Nicklord said:

I can't wait to hear this

https://myleskennedy.com/

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I ma ready to HEAR SMKC with their 3rd album , SLASH has said before the NITL tour   there would be 10 hard rocking kick ass songs on the album - I cant wait to hear it 

I'm dying to hear both these things! I think Myles is releasing his first single this friday.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

When do Alter Bridge go on tour? I'm curious if Myles has enough time to record his vocals for SMKCIII.

Not that interested in Myles solo record though I would like to hear the song Slash takes the lead guitar. There should be a song featuring Slash, shouldn't it?

They are finishing their tour in 10 days or so

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

When do Alter Bridge go on tour? I'm curious if Myles has enough time to record his vocals for SMKCIII.

Not that interested in Myles solo record though I would like to hear the song Slash takes the lead guitar. There should be a song featuring Slash, shouldn't it?

Tracklist is available, no Slash on that record. As Myles said, this album is much different than anything he did before, I doubt it's Slash's world. Kennedy is an incredible, well-taught musician and he'll unleash his potential with this album. His work on last two AB albums is magnificent, those guitar fills you can hear here and there are priceless. 

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Then he shouldn't have any time issues.

Honestly, the guy actually deserves a very well-earned break for a few months after recording and touring with Alter Bridge around the world in the last two years or so (and recording his solo album during their tour breaks) then after that, he's probably going to promote his solo album and do some shows in both sides of the Atlantic, I presume, before going back to get the foundation going for Alter Bridge's sixth album.

Slash will not play any role at all in the solo album since Myles scrapped the idea of his first solo album (the one he's been working on and off since 2009) and created the ideas for this upcoming solo album.  The guy is so well-versed as a musician and a songwriter that this solo album will be very very different than what he's done with Slash and Alter Bridge.  Don't expect this to be a hard rock album is what I'm saying.

He's incorporated banjo, lap steel, bass, and mandolin in this solo album.  He's tapping into the influences of blues, R&B, and acoustic based music and influences as Mississippi John Hurt, Chris Whitley, K.D Lang, Nick Drake and the acoustic songs on Led Zeppelin 3 and 4.  You actually don't expect either bands he's a main focus of to incorporate these influences in their music so his solo album is going to be compelling to say the least just for that.

A teaser of the new song being released on Friday.

As for the next Slash solo album and when they will get together and finish recording it and releasing it?  I don't know.  Quite frankly, I do not care and have no interest in that nowadays when I'm very very excited at the prospect of Myles' solo album.  Maybe Slash's solo band is really on a hiatus that no one knows when the hiatus is ending, maybe not Slash himself knows since he's so busy with other stuff (in addition to touring again as a member of GNR).

Edited by Anguyen92

13 minutes ago, Anguyen92 said:

As for the next Slash solo album and when they will get together and finish recording it and releasing it?  I don't know.  Quite frankly, I do not care and have no interest in that nowadays when I'm very very excited at the prospect of Myles' solo album.  Maybe Slash's solo band is really on a hiatus that no one knows when the hiatus is ending, maybe not Slash himself knows since he's so busy with other stuff (in addition to touring again as a member of GNR).

Actually, Mitch Lafon told @Gibbo that Slash and Myles were together in the studio yesterday and Meegan told someone on instagram that Slash is not having a break and he has to finish the SMKC record. It looks like Myles will be working non stop as he always does :)

I'm looking forward to a new SMKC record, Myles solo record, a new Tremonti record, watching as many of them as possible live next year and then hearing a new AB record on 2019. Future's looking bright!

45 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Actually, Mitch Lafon told @Gibbo that Slash and Myles were together in the studio yesterday and Meegan told someone on instagram that Slash is not having a break and he has to finish the SMKC record. It looks like Myles will be working non stop as he always does :)

I'm looking forward to a new SMKC record, Myles solo record, a new Tremonti record, watching as many of them as possible live next year and then hearing a new AB record on 2019. Future's looking bright!

Hmmm, in the studio yesterday?  Was Slash in Dallas yesterday?

Edited by Anguyen92

39 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

@Anguyen92 For apparently knowing so much about Myles...you don't actually seem to know that much regarding his plans with Slash & Co. Also your description of his solo album leads me to believe that he won't exactly be touring large halls around the world with that kind of product. 

Maybe you're right.  The last thing I heard from Myles was an interview from him, last month, and the tone that I perceive from that in the post-Alter Bridge touring, 2018 was going to be more geared towards promoting the solo album out and not-so much working with Slash, but it's still going to be a busy year for him.  Sure, he won't be playing the big halls that he's been doing around the world, but I still can see him doing like 2-3 months of acoustic tours across smaller venues in Europe and the states and I still want to see that personally after seeing him with Slash and AB.

Maybe my bias in wanting Myles to promote his solo album and playing solo acoustic tours and my bias in wanting him to not work with Slash, nowadays, is hindering my perception.  It happens.

Edited by Anguyen92