Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Appreciation Thread

Ralphelmo

21 hours ago, Ant said:

Why is Alter Bridge cooler than Slash's band? The Creed team? How the f did that happen. We need to fix this.  

The thing that was uncool about Creed was the Jesus impersonator frontman, Scott Stapp. I was in high school when Creed was huge and most people hated them, probably more than Nickelback. But I don't recall anyone saying the guitar player or bass player or drummer was stupid or uncool. I was and still am a fan of Creed's music, just the instrumentals -- I can't stand Stapp's voice, lyrics or personality. So I don't listen to Creed at all anymore but the music on "My Own Prison" and "Human Clay" especially is great. Amazing riffs. I think the songs "Faceless Man" and "To Whom It May Concern" are great 1990s-era tunes. 

Mark Tremonti wrote all of the music and most of the melodies for Creed songs, including the mega hits. All Stapp did was put his stupid Jesus lyrics on it. Tremonti has gone on to produce a very impressive catalog with Alter Bridge (recording sixth album now) and four very solid solo albums under his own name. Stapp has released several solo albums that absolutely nobody has listened to. He's awful. That's what made Creed uncool. 

If by "cool" you're talking looks/attire, well, I don't care about that. As a rock fan, I think a talented and prolific musician is cool. So count me in the camp that says Alter Bridge is cool, just like the many other rock bands I like, including GNR and SMKC. 

• Like 3

I really appreciate that Myles has released an unreal amount of solid-good rock albums over the past 15 years. It is unreal what the man has put out for music in todays industry.

1. One Day Remains - 2004
  2. Blackbird - 2007
  3. AB III - 2010
  4. Apocalyptic Love - 2012
  5. Fortress - 2013
  6. World On Fire - 2014
  7. The Last Hero - 2016
  8. Year Of The Tiger - 2018
  9. Living The Dream - 2018
  10. AB IV - 2019

Not to mention the guest work he has done in the studio. 

• Like 2

With respect to Alter Bridge being cool I wasn't being too serious I just think that video of them at Albert Hall is surprisingly well constructed (better than Metallica's S&M shenanigans) and the crowd and their stage attire... they just seem like a legit contemporary band. SMKC is feeling a little tired to me... in every respect... hence the coolness remark. But this is an appreciation thread so I will vacate, haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jebus, I look at these old Alter Bridge videos from like 2004-2005.  They all look relatively young and not as refined as they would become.  Note how they all dressed in brown in this video compared to the usual rock look of dressing in black.  It's funny how things would become as Myles would sing this on the regular six years later.

On 16/01/2019 at 7:23 AM, Ralphelmo said:

It has more views than some AB's singles, e.g. Show Me A Leader or Isolation...

And I know why... 

To be honest i would like to know why.. the main singles ive heard from this band, i dont understand there popularity.

20 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I know it since monday, damn I was dying to share it with you guys. They'll announce west/central europe tour soon.

Can you at least confirm my prediction?  Will Sevendust be direct support for them in the mainland Europe tour?

Edit: Hours later.  Wow, I would have thought Sevendust supporting them in Europe in the whole tour would be a lock, but they are stuck with Shinedown the whole time instead????

D9A4tH8XkAAPuBK.jpg:large

Edited by Anguyen92

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter-bridge-to-release-walk-the-sky-album-in-october-european-tour-with-shinedown-sevendust-announced/

ALTER BRIDGE will release its sixth studio album, "Walk The Sky", on October 18 via Napalm Records. The 14-track opus marks a creative highpoint for the quartet comprised of Myles Kennedy on vocals/guitars, Mark Tremonti on guitars/vocals, Brian Marshall on bass and Scott Phillips on drums. "Walk The Sky" is a complete career retrospective drawing upon elements from each of the band's previous releases to create something new.

Recorded in a fresh way, "Walk The Sky" was born from complete song ideas created by Kennedy and Tremonti. This material was then worked on by the entire band to develop "Walk The Sky" into a unique listening experience. This varies from the band's previous method, going back to their sophomore release, "Blackbird", where Kennedy and Tremonti would combine individual ideas and riffs alongside producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette to form some of their most revered songs. From the opening vocal melody on "One Life" to the moving finale of "Dying Light", ALTER BRIDGE has created a formidable addition to its music catalog. Songs like "Godspeed", "Native Son" and "Walking On The Sky" are sure to be early additions to the live set. "Forever Falling" also marks a lead vocal return from Tremonti, with Kennedy taking the chorus, as done previously on the "Fortress" favorite "Waters Rising". The first single, "Wouldn't You Rather", will be released in two weeks.

"Walk The Sky" track listing:

01. One Life
02. Wouldn't You Rather
03. In The Deep
04. Godspeed
05. Native Son
06. Take The Crown
07. Indoctrination
08. The Bitter End
09. Pay No Mind
10. Forever Falling
11. Clear Horizon 
12. Walking On The Sky 
13. Tear Us Apart 
14. Dying Light

ALTER BRIDGE will head out on a worldwide tour beginning in September. The trek will launch in the United States before heading over to Europe to close out 2019. The European dates scheduled for November and December will feature support from SHINEDOWN, SEVENDUST and THE RAVEN AGE. The North American dates will be announced in the near future. The band will also take part in the inaugural Exit 111 festival in October and the sold-out 2020 sailing of ShipRocked.

ALTER BRIDGE's European tour dates with SHINEDOWN, SEVENDUST and THE RAVEN AGE:

Nov. 12 - DEN, Copenhagen - KB Hall 
Nov. 14 - FIN, Helsinki - Ice Hall Black Box 
Nov. 16 - SWE, Stockholm - Hovet 
Nov. 17 - NOR, Oslo - Sentrum Scene 
Nov. 19 - GER, Hamburg - Sporthalle 
Nov. 20 - GER, Berlin - Columbiahalle 
Nov. 22 - GER, Leipzig - Hause Auensee 
Nov. 23 - POL, Warsaw - Hala Kolo 
Nov. 26 - GER,Cologne - Palladium 
Nov. 27 - GER, Munich - Zenith 
Nov. 29 - AUT, Vienna - Gasometer 
Dec. 01 - SWI, Zurich - Halle 622 
Dec. 02 - ITA, Milan - Mediolanum Forum 
Dec. 04 - SPA, Barcelona - St. Jordi Club 
Dec. 06 - POR, Lisbon - Sala Tejo 
Dec. 07 - SPA, Madrid - Vistalegre 
Dec. 09 - FRA, Paris - Olympia 
Dec. 10 - HOL, Amsterdam - AFAS Live 
Dec. 12 - BEL, Brussels - Cirque Royal 
Dec. 14 - ENG, Nottingham - Motorpoint Arena 
Dec. 15 - ENG, Manchester - Manchester Arena 
Dec. 17 - SCO, Glasgow SSE - Hydro Arena 
Dec. 18 - ENG, Birmingham - Birmingham Arena 
Dec. 20 - WAL, Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena 
Dec. 21 - ENG, London - 02 Arena

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I personally hope Myles will join them to play Sorrow, but since Sevendust is opening, they are only getting like 35 minutes, and Myles does have his pre-show routine and warm-up, I doubt it.

That last part of the video was pretty darn bittersweet where Lajon asked the crowd if they want to see Sevendust and AB tour together more.  It would take them 11 years to finally get to this point and it's only for 6 UK shows (not counting festival shows that they were on the same bill for or the Shiprocked cruise).  I do hope to see both bands tour together in the states next year even though I'm seeing both of them in September (Sevendust in LA, AB in Orlando).  It can be done though, both bands are under the same management team.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 4 weeks later...

I'm listening to Wouldn't You Rather every other day or so and I still have no idea how the song goes. Like, I know the riffs are really good but I can't recreate them in my head :lol: I don't know if that should've been a lead single. Addicted to Pain and Isolation I remembered immediately for example