GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

On 13. 12. 2019 at 2:21 AM, MaskingApathy said:

Hey is there going to be an Advent calandar this year? @Andy14?

[3jgkbj.jpg]

I am a big fan of @Andy14 imagination, creativity, humor and all these virtues, but, honestly, no new material from the band - interviews, videos, very few backstage pics, this forum is more dead than alive and long are the days when jokes flew freely here...

Edited by Alja
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• killuridols

• MillionsOfSpiders

• Tori72

• Georgina Arriaga

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I'll give it a go and write my piece on Munich, too. Even though I agree with everything @Lumikki already wrote. It still has gotten kinda lengthy, I hope you don't mind. All in all, it was j

Alright, they are already in Prague so I know I'm taking a risk of being kicked in the ass, but I couldn't help myself  What if AFD5 were "enjoying" today's social media...   

Since the tour's over I managed to get an exclusive interview with the band members  (In the memory of Mr. David Tang)

Posted Images

10 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

So Motley reunites, RHCP bringing back Frusciante but GN’R still not decided to do full AFD reunion ?:max:

That's one of the reasons I don't think I will be buying tickets for the new Euro tour. If I buy tickets, I leave the show after Deadhorse and Locomotive. Assuming they keep those songs in the set list.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I haven't posted here in almost 5 months so let me wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best in 2020! :headbang:

I've never finished an advent calendar for this year so here's what I've made, it sucks but whatever. You can use it as 12 (13) days of Christmas. 

Hide contents

icUQ0mK.jpg

Hide contents

Mm6JBom.jpg

Hide contents

LSKoauG.jpg

Hide contents

lqRpLYX.jpg

Hide contents

a4ElD6z.jpg

Hide contents

aEcGPjn.jpg

Hide contents

6sPBK7B.jpg

Hide contents

HZxk4x9.jpg

Hide contents

yUPLu1b.jpg

Hide contents

K6nFHLL.jpg

Hide contents

yXMrgZf.jpg

Hide contents

t5VH8YY.jpg

Hide contents

q2NgQXp.jpg

You are geeeniouss 👍✌👊👏👏👏 happy  Christmas to you 🎄🎁

• Like 1

Broken back mountain :rofl-lol:

@Andy14 Welcome back!!!!

Happy Holiday everyone :headbang:

... And Fernando's weird ass twitter post. Somebody should've got him a brain for Xmas :rolleyes: Well in the UK is boxing Day. Some british fans here, please send him a brain and an english dictionary and grammar book.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Padme said:

... And Fernando's weird ass twitter post. Somebody should've got him a brain for Xmas :rolleyes: Well in the UK is boxing Day. Some british fans here, please send him a brain and an english dictionary and grammar book.

Someone should finally let that man be what he is built to be, not a band manager, that would solve a lot of problems. That's all. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Alja said:

Someone should finally let that man be what he is built to be, not a band manager, that would solve a lot of problems. That's all. 

He is not a band manager. He is just a member of Axl's entourage, a step brother if you want. Of course being in that position he can do things like allowing a couple of idiots to delete videos. But he is not the one negotiating contracts. The band has lawyers, a tour manager designated by Live Nation and booking agents to do that.

On 27. 12. 2019 at 12:55 AM, Padme said:

He is not a band manager. He is just a member of Axl's entourage, a step brother if you want. Of course being in that position he can do things like allowing a couple of idiots to delete videos. But he is not the one negotiating contracts. The band has lawyers, a tour manager designated by Live Nation and booking agents to do that.

I am aware that big touring band is a big circus and sh*tload of managers, lawyers an many other people on many levels are needed to run it.

Apart from shipping merch from fanpage, it impresses like some kids are doing it in backyard house when all other chores are done. 

One level is people in direct contact with band members, personal management. Seems like Axl additionally created interface with the world this way; having professional personal manager is not nurturing experience and Axl doesn't have regular family to nurture this needs... Axl, different from many others in similar position, doesn't hire people in direct contact - he adopts. You are on the board, you are adopted, protected and treated like a family member (all these people refer themselves as GNR family - and have been at least since 90s, which is not present in other bands as far as I'm concerned). May not be always a win situation. Tasks to manage for some of GnR family may be quiet simple and not completely clear, but still, you are not a free man, you are minion. Also, there was a time when Nado was sent to business school to become a band manager. Did anyone ever give that kid chance to be what he wants to be? I don't think so. I am quiet aware that band functioning and touring doesn't stand on any kind of his managing, just thinking he might be not as rich, but maybe happier and actually self-confident outside the circus. 

I've seen situations like that, small town knows everything, it tends to end up in a very love-hate relationship with person who provides money, prestige, everything which comes with it (like out-of-your-league wife, "friends") and knowing that basically everything you have comes not because of you, but intense push from someone else, you are a step, the bottom feeder. So you enjoy the ride as much as you can, try not to piss off people who do real stuff why still trying to fake your importance and impress anyone available... 

Edited by Alja

Also, did anyone notice that Slash talks about loving Axl again? :lol::lol: Almost exactly  like in the good old times 😉

Slash also touched upon the issues that kept him and Rose apart for nearly two decades, saying: "I won't get into all the personal stuff, but even over that period of time, there was a lot of bad feelings from the breakup all throughout that 20 years, whatever it was. But there's also a part of you that's like in a marriage, where you love somebody... so there's always that feeling, but then there's all this negative stuff."

Earlier this year, Slash said that the first time he and Axl spoke was by phone in 2015, followed by an in-person meeting. He revealed: "It was very cathartic to physically talk. 'Cause there's a bond that you have that's never [broken]. And then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of it that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Also, did anyone notice that Slash talks about loving Axl again? :lol::lol: Almost exactly  like in the good old times 😉

Slash also touched upon the issues that kept him and Rose apart for nearly two decades, saying: "I won't get into all the personal stuff, but even over that period of time, there was a lot of bad feelings from the breakup all throughout that 20 years, whatever it was. But there's also a part of you that's like in a marriage, where you love somebody... so there's always that feeling, but then there's all this negative stuff."

Earlier this year, Slash said that the first time he and Axl spoke was by phone in 2015, followed by an in-person meeting. He revealed: "It was very cathartic to physically talk. 'Cause there's a bond that you have that's never [broken]. And then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of it that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

I think between the lines, they always felt the bond being there and being violated. if there's nothing to continue between two people, the animosity won't happen. I love the part where Slash after feeling it all back onstage in Troubadour searched for Keith Richards, gave him big hug and told him that back in the '92 or so, Keith was true about that feeling onstage he can only have with Axl (originally, in 90s, Keith told Slash to persist. Keith was experienced with diva lead singers and band breakups. I think every cell of Keith's body is built to persist, it explains his existence).