GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On 27. 12. 2019 at 12:55 AM, Padme said:

He is not a band manager. He is just a member of Axl's entourage, a step brother if you want. Of course being in that position he can do things like allowing a couple of idiots to delete videos. But he is not the one negotiating contracts. The band has lawyers, a tour manager designated by Live Nation and booking agents to do that.

I am aware that big touring band is a big circus and sh*tload of managers, lawyers an many other people on many levels are needed to run it.

Apart from shipping merch from fanpage, it impresses like some kids are doing it in backyard house when all other chores are done. 

One level is people in direct contact with band members, personal management. Seems like Axl additionally created interface with the world this way; having professional personal manager is not nurturing experience and Axl doesn't have regular family to nurture this needs... Axl, different from many others in similar position, doesn't hire people in direct contact - he adopts. You are on the board, you are adopted, protected and treated like a family member (all these people refer themselves as GNR family - and have been at least since 90s, which is not present in other bands as far as I'm concerned). May not be always a win situation. Tasks to manage for some of GnR family may be quiet simple and not completely clear, but still, you are not a free man, you are minion. Also, there was a time when Nado was sent to business school to become a band manager. Did anyone ever give that kid chance to be what he wants to be? I don't think so. I am quiet aware that band functioning and touring doesn't stand on any kind of his managing, just thinking he might be not as rich, but maybe happier and actually self-confident outside the circus. 

I've seen situations like that, small town knows everything, it tends to end up in a very love-hate relationship with person who provides money, prestige, everything which comes with it (like out-of-your-league wife, "friends") and knowing that basically everything you have comes not because of you, but intense push from someone else, you are a step, the bottom feeder. So you enjoy the ride as much as you can, try not to piss off people who do real stuff why still trying to fake your importance and impress anyone available... 

Edited by Alja

Also, did anyone notice that Slash talks about loving Axl again? :lol::lol: Almost exactly  like in the good old times 😉

Slash also touched upon the issues that kept him and Rose apart for nearly two decades, saying: "I won't get into all the personal stuff, but even over that period of time, there was a lot of bad feelings from the breakup all throughout that 20 years, whatever it was. But there's also a part of you that's like in a marriage, where you love somebody... so there's always that feeling, but then there's all this negative stuff."

Earlier this year, Slash said that the first time he and Axl spoke was by phone in 2015, followed by an in-person meeting. He revealed: "It was very cathartic to physically talk. 'Cause there's a bond that you have that's never [broken]. And then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of it that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Also, did anyone notice that Slash talks about loving Axl again? :lol::lol: Almost exactly  like in the good old times 😉

Slash also touched upon the issues that kept him and Rose apart for nearly two decades, saying: "I won't get into all the personal stuff, but even over that period of time, there was a lot of bad feelings from the breakup all throughout that 20 years, whatever it was. But there's also a part of you that's like in a marriage, where you love somebody... so there's always that feeling, but then there's all this negative stuff."

Earlier this year, Slash said that the first time he and Axl spoke was by phone in 2015, followed by an in-person meeting. He revealed: "It was very cathartic to physically talk. 'Cause there's a bond that you have that's never [broken]. And then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of it that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

I think between the lines, they always felt the bond being there and being violated. if there's nothing to continue between two people, the animosity won't happen. I love the part where Slash after feeling it all back onstage in Troubadour searched for Keith Richards, gave him big hug and told him that back in the '92 or so, Keith was true about that feeling onstage he can only have with Axl (originally, in 90s, Keith told Slash to persist. Keith was experienced with diva lead singers and band breakups. I think every cell of Keith's body is built to persist, it explains his existence). 

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

Where did you hear that about finding Keith?

Some Slash interview this summer, as far as I remember it contained this sentence: Cause there's a bond that you have that's never [broken]. And then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of it that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

9 hours ago, Alja said:

Some Slash interview this summer, as far as I remember it contained this sentence: Cause there's a bond that you have that's never [broken]. And then what happens is the bond makes the negative side of it that much worse, because you're forced out of it."

I remember too that Slash mentioned Keith somewhere, but I can't remmeber where

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lol::shrugs:I don't think it has died but may be terminally ill...

Pity lots of the previously active members seem to have drifted away (I've only checked back in recently). But that's how it goes in forums. 

Now that shows are starting up again it might get a new lease of life?? @john lennon

Edited by money honey

17 hours ago, money honey said:

:lol::shrugs:I don't think it has died but may be terminally ill...

Pity lots of the previously active members seem to have drifted away (I've only checked back in recently). But that's how it goes in forums. 

Now that shows are starting up again it might get a new lease of life?? @john lennon

Maybe, who knows? 

A little disappointed tho. Forgot about this site for about a year and then for some odd reason thought of WT and went in to look and... DEAD. :shrugs:I mean I get it tho lol

14 hours ago, john lennon said:

Maybe, who knows? 

A little disappointed tho. Forgot about this site for about a year and then for some odd reason thought of WT and went in to look and... DEAD. :shrugs:I mean I get it tho lol

OK here's a conversation starter... came across this  - Slash being interviewed on a talk show panel in the mid 90s... other guests are total assholes who try to make fun of him ... he's obviously high as a kite but holds it together admirably and doesn't let them drown him out.

Has anyone else seen this before? What do you think?

• GNFNR 2

On 2020-01-29 at 11:47 PM, john lennon said:

So did this thread die, or? 

Sad... we had some fun here before, but I guess ppl are just busy and tired of never having much more to talk about in terms of GnR... (when we talk about Axl's hair or body some others get angry at us... lol... well, I don't like to talk about cringe merchandise, so there is pretty much nothing else to talk :shrugs:). Ok, wait a sec, there was the Miami-same-songs-for -the-past-decades concert tonight, any thoughts? Quite fun to read the vast majority of everyone's reaction on the other thread - and I must agree with the vast majority of them :popcorn:I really don't know why I still follow this band (well, it is my fav band, but jeez, it's all becoming so cringe...) 

Note to whoever disagrees : this is a FORUM, this is MY OPINION, you can disagree as much as you want, I don't give a f* :hahafyou:

Note (2): thanks @money honey for posting that video, never watched before. I LOOOOVE Slash. Way more entertaining than tonight's concert, so thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

I remember seeing or reading something, but honesty didn't care that much - always wish the best for Steven but didn't look for more info, I rarely try to know what's going on with him... I miss Izzy though - impossible to not miss Izzy :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Sad... we had some fun here before, but I guess ppl are just busy and tired of never having much more to talk about in terms of GnR... (when we talk about Axl's hair or body some others get angry at us... lol... well, I don't like to talk about cringe merchandise, so there is pretty much nothing else to talk :shrugs:). Ok, wait a sec, there was the Miami-same-songs-for -the-past-decades concert tonight, any thoughts? Quite fun to read the vast majority of everyone's reaction on the other thread - and I must agree with the vast majority of them :popcorn:I really don't know why I still follow this band (well, it is my fav band, but jeez, it's all becoming so cringe...) 

Note to whoever disagrees : this is a FORUM, this is MY OPINION, you can disagree as much as you want, I don't give a f* :hahafyou:

Note (2): thanks @money honey for posting that video, never watched before. I LOOOOVE Slash. Way more entertaining than tonight's concert, so thanks! 

I am busy with college and I’m moving to The Bee Gees rn :smiley-confused2: (I love Robin:heart:)

Don’t worry tho, GN’R still My 1# in My list:headbang:. And I’m still waiting for the wedding of Slaxl :drool:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Firstly, hi @ACDC8!

It absolutely is hard to talk about anything much here at the moment with not much going on... and now that the Miami show is over we have to wait till March for more shows. This band sure does like to mess with its fans. And yet we still keep coming back... to the shows, to the forum... the magnetism exerted by this band is a so strong. (To me anyway!)

You're welcome for the video - I find it fascinating too - also adore Slash. I surprised myself by how defensive I felt on his behalf watching the video. 

2 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

and for those who haven't seen it yet... tonight's TOP highlight: 

YqIfRsD.jpg 

@Andy14 we miss you girl - please come back here!

Yeah come back @Andy14, we promise not to pester you with requests for new GNR memes... ;)

@SerenityScorp, great to hear from you again!! You still drawing? Any new Slaxl stuff? :lol:

Has @killuridols given up on this thread altogether? @MillionsOfSpiders, @Tori, @MaskingApathy... love to have you all back. (I'm only just back myself!)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, money honey said:

Firstly, hi @ACDC8!

It absolutely is hard to talk about anything much here at the moment with not much going on... and now that the Miami show is over we have to wait till March for more shows. This band sure does like to mess with its fans. And yet we still keep coming back... to the shows, to the forum... the magnetism exerted by this band is a so strong. (To me anyway!)

You're welcome for the video - I find it fascinating too - also adore Slash. I surprised myself by how defensive I felt on his behalf watching the video. 

Yeah come back @Andy14, we promise not to pester you with requests for new GNR memes... ;)

@SerenityScorp, great to hear from you again!! You still drawing? Any new Slaxl stuff? :lol:

Has @killuridols given up on this thread altogether? @MillionsOfSpiders, @Tori, @MaskingApathy... love to have you all back. (I'm only just back myself!)

Hi! Sorry for MIA. I’m still drawing. I don’t have any new Slaxl stuff. I wish I had a teleport N’ invisible cloak so that I can take lots of Slaxl pictures :smiley-confused2: