GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I honestly can't describe what it was like to people. Slash said he wanted to play the small clubs for fans and the ticket prices were kept deliberately very low. They sold the tickets at the local record shop and it cost me about £13. So, only us real fans got in. :) 

I'm so jealous of you. No way I could have gone in those days I had a ton of kids to look after and no spare dosh for gigs. Damn kids lol.

Not easy getting sitters for six kids either  :lol:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Totally!!!

Fuckin' wankers and greedy Axl (and TB) :max:

They should have done this reunion 15 years ago and now they should be playing small venues and theaters for the fans that really care and only matter, instead of having us paying outrageous amounts of money just to see them from far away. :no:

Why can't they throw in some little club gigs/warm ups that only we really get to know about? Axl used to do things like that :( 

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm so jealous of you. No way I could have gone in those days I had a ton of kids to look after and no spare dosh for gigs. Damn kids lol.

Not easy getting sitters for six kids either  :lol:

Yes, kids!! lol 

I missed out on seeing AC/DC on their Black Ice tour because of kids :lol:

Never been away from mine, not even one whole day, so next weekend when I'm in London away from them is going to be really weird :( 

• Like 3

This is interesting... ON WHY AXL ROSE AND SLASH DONT GO OUT IN PUBLIC WHILE ON TOUR :ph34r: 

Richard Fortus:

“We all travel together. We’re always looking for things to do. It’s hardest for Slash and Axl to go out and enjoy a city. Slash always looks like Slash, Duff can throw a baseball cap on. Personality wise he just has a great way of assimilating and not sticking out, whereas I think it’s harder for Slash because Slash is just such an iconic image, the same with Axl, for different reasons. It would be tough I think to have that and not be able to go out and really enjoy a city. 

Generally Duff and I will hang out, we’ll go out and look for stuff to see and do. You’re always looking for ways to occupy your time, and to get to know a city. I run every day, so for me that’s a great to get to see things that you usually don’t get to see.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-member-reveals-hardest-axl-rose-slash/

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is interesting... ON WHY AXL ROSE AND SLASH DONT GO OUT IN PUBLIC WHILE ON TOUR :ph34r: 

Richard Fortus:

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-member-reveals-hardest-axl-rose-slash/

I wonder if that's a problem of their own making, though?

Take autographs for example, The less an artists signs the more his signature goes up in price which drives people into a frenzy trying to track them down for autographs. It's the same with pictures, Axl is never seen out so the moment he goes outside people are going to bother him because it's like spotting bigfoot or something. If he was out more frequently (Like Duff) I don't think anybody would care as much. Not to disrespect those two but this is 2017 not 1992. They may be icons but their fan base isn't exactly the Justin Bieber type crowd anymore. Outside of South America, I can't see them getting bombarded by too many people while they're exploring a city.

Dave Grohl was in the pit at a Soundgarden concert and nobody bugged him. The Metallica guys are always wondering around by themselves. If other big musicians can do it I don't see why these two can't. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It must have been so awesome!! That band and the album they released were beyond perfect!!

Here in Buenos Aires we were lucky the three times Slash came with SMKC they did two shows and one of them was especially made in a fairly small venue (1500 people) and announced shortly before the date so it was sort of intimate for the "big fans". The ticket prices weren't particuarly low but they were fine considering the band and the venue's capacity and it was the best expererience ever getting to see him so close. Last time I was in the front row and I couldn't believe how close to him I was, I was in awe the whole show! 

Getting to see a GNR show that way would mindblowing! Those who got to see AFD5 in the 80's are the luckiest people in the world, imagine that! :drool:

The way these two still connect on stage is so beautiful! Sometimes I feel this reunion might be coming to an end but when I see these things... Wouldn't be surprised if Axl wanted this to go on forever. I know I would in his place! Just look at him :heart:

It was so awesome, DieselDaisy went to the same show and he thought so too, so it must have been good :lol:

I haven't seen Slash since the VR days, so  it's been a long time for me waiting to see him again, I can't wait! ?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Dave Grohl was in the pit at a Soundgarden concert and nobody bugged him. The Metallica guys are always wondering around by themselves. If other big musicians can do it I don't see why these two can't. :shrugs:

I think Slash is more outgoing than Axl and I'm not sure I'd put him in the same category. Maybe not in this tour but from time to time he's seen out with Meegan a lot more.

Axl, that's another story :rolleyes:.... Just like you, I don't think he has a following of the Bieber types these days but maybe in his head (since he's stuck in the 90's) he might think that he still atracts hordes of crazy teenagers.

Probably, he has another type of problem that doesn't allow him to go out. Fortus says "same with Axl, for different reasons" :ph34r: (different reasons = whacko) :lol:

48 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_4248.thumb.PNG.64d4d8c8a92db787bee6189386132657.PNG

"team leader" "doughnut in a burger"

Lord Axlmort strikes again! 

Hmmm. I think he means the team leader of the bodyguards... because there's a video of this "meeting" and it's all the bodyguards (and other guys) plus Fernando, Vanessa and her husband. No trace of anyone else. So I don't think he meant Axl but oh well... speculation is for free, so let's do it! :P

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think Slash is more outgoing than Axl and I'm not sure I'd put him in the same category. Maybe not in this tour but from time to time he's seen out with Meegan a lot more.

Axl, that's another story :rolleyes:.... Just like you, I don't think he has a following of the Bieber types these days but maybe in his head (since he's stuck in the 90's) he might think that he still atracts hordes of crazy teenagers.

Probably, he has another type of problem that doesn't allow him to go out. Fortus says "same with Axl, for different reasons" :ph34r: (different reasons = whacko) :lol:

Hmmm. I think he means the team leader of the bodyguards... because there's a video of this "meeting" and it's all the bodyguards (and other guys) plus Fernando, Vanessa and her husband. No trace of anyone else. So I don't think he meant Axl but oh well... speculation is for free, so let's do it! :P

Hmmm, probably. Germany and England are after Italy, so yeah, they'll probably be worrying about security more than ever. 

To be honest, there's probably more danger of death from eating a chocolate doughnut in a burger with a huge pile of greasy chips than anything else :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hmmm, probably. Germany and England are after Italy, so yeah, they'll probably be worrying about security more than ever. 

lol but I didn't mean that :smiley-confused2:

I meant the "different reasons" for Axl might be related to mental issues like depression, social phobia or just anxiety for being in different places that are not his home.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

lol but I didn't mean that :smiley-confused2:

I meant the "different reasons" for Axl might be related to mental issues like depression, social phobia or just anxiety for being in different places that are not his home.

I meant the meeting being about security, I should've just bolted the part I was replying to, but I was tryin to post whilst being hassled by a kid :lol:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I meant the meeting being about security, I should've just bolted the part I was replying to, but I was tryin to post whilst being hassled by a kid :lol:

hahahahaa... awww... okay!

No idea, maybe?? What's next show? when??

---

Read that caption!! So Susan will be attending a dinner/gala in Vienna, Austria and she will walk the catwalk?? :wow:

OMG @Lumikki and @Andy14 you have to try to catch this, hahaha, so maybe you can get a picture with them outside the place or something :ph34r:

• Like 2