GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

From reading his autobiography, Slash doesn't strike me as being the most discerning guy when it comes to women.  He always just kinda ended up with whoever he ended up with and put little to no thought into why he was with a particular person at any given time, so long as he had someone.  Which wasn't such a bad thing.  In that regard, he was smart.  So was Duff.  Those two always made sure they had a woman in their lives (and in Duff's case, a place to call home) to act as anchors, to give them stability and temporary relief from the insanity that was Guns n Roses.  That's probably partly how those two managed to weather all the shit storms and fall out from sustenance abuse over the years and come out the other side relatively mentally in tact (I think Axl tried to have anchors in his life too, but it didn't turn out so well for him).  

But yeah, from what I read, Slash never really approached his relationships thoughtfully or maturely.  I mean, he didn't have a prenup with Perla.  Even Duff, who was completely and utterly fucked up for his first two marriages made sure of that.  And Slash's relationship with Renee was just bizarre when you read about it.  He met her in a bar, picked her up, and started living with her almost immediately.  You got the impression he just went along with the marriage, passively, not really caring either way.  They barely knew each other - he admits that in the book.  She just seemed incidental to his life rather than part of it and he did wake up to that fact, but only after a long while and then he treated her badly.  Basically told her to get out of his life right now just because he'd finally had an epiphany.  He does acknowledge he was an asshole about it.  Anyway, I would hope he's learned a few lessons by now.  Maybe he and Meegan are genuinely a good fit for one another.

Right so basically He didnt know His Wives tht well N'a married Them just like tht when Theres Someone tht He knows so well waiting for Slash to marry this Him:smiley-confused2:

4 hours ago, Asia said:

Is it only me or does this guy resemble Axl to you as well?

Only You

Edited by SerenityScorp

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

The thing about Axl not being able to take care of himself is based on videos like the one that appeared recently, but also on old interviews with people like Izzy or Craig Duswalt's book, among other things. Just observation and speculation basically. A good example (and a sort of similar one to the current NY drama) happened in 2006:

Axl was out partying in Stockholm one night, when -horror of horrors!- Beta and the rest of TB dared to leave him alone at the party he was at. Axl got very upset about that and back at the hotel he reverted into a toddler and threw a giant temper tantrum right in the hotel lobby, by throwing (rolling?) himself on the floor in anger, throwing around objects and finally biting a security guard who tried to restrain him. Hotel staff also called Beta to calm Axl down, but she wasn't really successfull iirc.

Fuuuuuuuuck

That is not fucking normal:wow:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

This per

Also, give the guy some credit. I think he could be a good father nowadays with the right kind of support and help. I wouldn't want to see Axl raising a kid completely on his own, but hell, he's got the money to afford all the help and people he needs.

Meegan N' Susan could help

Black N'Red:awesomeface: *You know wht I mean

27 minutes ago, Frey said:

This perception has been around for a long time. When Axl visited the forum (like 10 years ago), some of the more horrible people around asked him if Beta wipes his ass for him and cuts up his food for him. There are many reasons for why people perceive their relationship that way, but just some examples off the top of my head:

- Beta tries (or at least tried) to control what Axl gets to see and doesn't get to see. He's a grown man, he doesn't need her to protect him from the internet or from people wearing Slash shirts

- We (and this includes Marc Canter lol) suspect she also shields him (or used to shield him) from his old friends (like Marc or Izzy), by not passing on the messages they left Axl, etc.

- When Beta was recently asked about her role in Axl's life, she replied "I'm his Mommy" (:scared:)

- A few years ago, when some guy bumped into Beta at the airport, Axl freaked out, attacked the guy and yelled "He hit my mother!"

- Beta's introduction to the public was Axl pulling her on stage in front of thousands of people at Rock In Rio, before hugging her and crying against her shoulder or something

- Beta is always with him. She herself has said she doesn't go anywhere without him being able to call her 24/7. And Axl doesn't go anywhere without Beta or at least one of her children around usually

- Beta has been known to order Axl around and tell him what to do

- Beta also once blackmailed Axl into making her and her kids the managers of GNR, depending on how you look at it

- Beta said a lot of weird stuff about how Axl didn't have anybody to tuck him in at night and didn't get good night kisses as a child and sort of made it sound like she's doing that with him now

- Axl apparently told Beta "I wish you were my mother" back in the mid 90s

- Also back in the mid 90s when Axl was suicidal and spent his days curled up in bed and crying with a gun in his hands, Beta was the one taking care of him and the one who called Doug Goldstein when she didn't know what to do anymore

- Beta admitted she spent so much of her time taking care of Axl, that her own children got jealous when they were younger

The thing about Axl not being able to take care of himself is based on videos like the one that appeared recently, but also on old interviews with people like Izzy or Craig Duswalt's book, among other things. Just observation and speculation basically. A good example (and a sort of similar one to the current NY drama) happened in 2006:

Axl was out partying in Stockholm one night, when -horror of horrors!- Beta and the rest of TB dared to leave him alone at the party he was at. Axl got very upset about that and back at the hotel he reverted into a toddler and threw a giant temper tantrum right in the hotel lobby, by throwing (rolling?) himself on the floor in anger, throwing around objects and finally biting a security guard who tried to restrain him. Hotel staff also called Beta to calm Axl down, but she wasn't really successfull iirc.

It seems like she came creepily close to "re-raising" Axl, from the bits and pieces we know. It's all creepy enough already as it is.

I've always liked that quote @Blackstar posted above. Surprisingly insightful by 80s Axl standards.

But as Blackstar mentioned he changed his mind about having children (or being ready for having children) within 2 years. He still apparently wanted children in the early 2000s if Beta is to be believed. There is a quote by Beta floating around in which she claims that Axl used to say "I will cry so hard on the day my first son or daughter is born." :unsure:

Also, give the guy some credit. I think he could be a good father nowadays with the right kind of support and help. I wouldn't want to see Axl raising a kid completely on his own, but hell, he's got the money to afford all the help and people he needs.

Holy shit.  That's helluva hot mess of co-dependency right there.  Fucking hell, Axl.  Well, he certainly doesn't need that kind of mother-figure!  What he needs is a strong independent woman with whom he shares mutual love and respect, who'll kick his ass just like she said she would, not pander to him like a brat, or use him to validate her own existence.  Must be so frustrating for his bandmates to see him living his life like that.  But thanks for that info, hey.  I am now very much more enlightened than I was before!:lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frey said:

omg the way you tell this story always cracks me up to hell :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

But we (:ph34r:) children dont want that!

We (:confused:) want our mom and dad to take care of us, be there with their cuddling, kissing, tucking in, cooking our breakfast and meals, lifting us up from the floor when we fall. We want our mom and dad cleaning our shit and vomit and for them to scold us too and join us in whatever games we invent. We want our parents involved in our lives, not scared of touching poop and blood and whatever comes out from our bodies  and not freaking out when we get fever and other diseases:bitchfight:

I'm sorry I had to "revert to a toddler" here but I needed to be graphical so to make my points! :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

His face :unsure: I almost whizzed by this because I didn't recognise him at first. 

It looks like this picture was taken at the same place (a guitar exhibition or something) as another one we had discussed, where Axl looked pretty sad and there was this story with a woman supposedly "ordering" him to take a picture with her daughter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Holy shit.  That's helluva hot mess of co-dependency right there.  Fucking hell, Axl.  Well, he certainly doesn't need that kind of mother-figure!  What he needs is a strong independent woman with whom he shares mutual love and respect, who'll kick his ass just like she said she would, not pander to him like a brat, or use him to validate her own existence.  Must be so frustrating for his bandmates to see him living his life like that.

Honestly... I think all this talk about "needing" a woman is really overrated. If I had to take a guess at what Axl might have "needed", I would say that he needed a friend. Just a friend, one who was not at all involved in the band business and gave somewhat of a shit about Axl as a person only. But Axl didn't have that, probably due to his own actions.

As far as bandmates go, I really doubt that they give much thought to the wives and girlfriends (or at least they didn't back in the 80s and 90s). I really doubt that they care much beyond music and band business, and I imagine that the only time they would find it frustrating would be to the degree that it affects the band and that's all. As I recall, Axl was the only one that would actively talk about his personal life much to the annoyance of the others.

Finally, with regards to romance, I vaguely recall an obscure reviewer/critic who hypothesised that Axl is in love with the idea of romance, but not in love himself. I am of the opinion that this best explains why non of Axl's romantic pursuits "stuck".

So yeah, that's just my opinion...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think she's gone through all those phases already: blocking, reporting, ignoring, calling them out on their shit, locking her profile, etc..... So she's trying a new one: confronting them.

It must be very tiring because the trolls emerge from all places. She's tried everything and they keep coming out, finding a way to talk shit about her so I don't know... I still think the only idiots in this story are the psychos hating/disliking Meegan just because she is with Slash.

Slash is a guy in his 50's, with children..... I will never understand that a young woman would waste her time with this and an older woman doing it is fucking pathetic as well. And what for? :shrugs:

Definiatly, i just hope it ends soon for her what else is she supposed to do? Its completely out of hand and so un needed for. I feel for her i really do. I dont see what its for either, spiteful words and spreading lies about someone is just cruel and disgusting behaviour. I know where shes coming from :( 

9 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Honestly... I think all this talk about "needing" a woman is really overrated. If I had to take a guess at what Axl might have "needed", I would say that he needed a friend. Just a friend, one who was not at all involved in the band business and gave somewhat of a shit about Axl as a person only. But Axl didn't have that, probably due to his own actions.

As far as bandmates go, I really doubt that they give much thought to the wives and girlfriends (or at least they didn't back in the 80s and 90s). I really doubt that they care much beyond music and band business, and I imagine that the only time they would find it frustrating would be to the degree that it affects the band and that's all. As I recall, Axl was the only one that would actively talk about his personal life much to the annoyance of the others.

Finally, with regards to romance, I vaguely recall an obscure reviewer/critic who hypothesised that Axl is in love with the idea of romance, but not in love himself. I am of the opinion that this best explains why non of Axl's romantic pursuits "stuck".

So yeah, that's just my opinion...

Oh, that was just my 'knee-jerk reaction' and I was being tongue-in-cheek hence the Sorry lyric - shoulda put my laughing emoji sooner.  I know what you mean, and I didn't mean to come off as Man-Needs-Woman to be complete or whatever.  But I do sincerely believe that everyone needs someone in their lives, some significant other, some close companion - even if platonic - to see them through.  From personal experience and from what I've seen others go through, I firmly believe that.  But that's just my world view obviously, who knows, maybe Axl is just fine on his own.

Duff and Slash still seem to hang out and their partners seem to be genuine friends, if what they communicate on social media is accurate, so that's nice.  And yeah, that's an intriguing theory about Axl being in love with the idea of romance.  I also think he'd just be an all round difficult person to be with in a romantic capacity, which wouldn't do him any favours.

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It looks like this picture was taken at the same place (a guitar exhibition or something) as another one we had discussed, where Axl looked pretty sad and there was this story with a woman supposedly "ordering" him to take a picture with her daughter.

They took the picture away now, the person who posted it deleted it. It wasn't on a private account or anything :shrugs:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

@MillionsOfSpiders I love your new profile pic :wub:. It's from Prague :headbang:

He's drinking a real beer not the Czechvar thing they have in the States :max:

I stole the pic from @Hejanne everyone else steals her photos so I thought I might as well do it too :) 

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

@MillionsOfSpiders Tiny Axl in a jar is gone! I loved him so :heart:

Yeah, I feel kinda bad for replacing him with beer guzzling Axl :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

@MillionsOfSpiders I love your new profile pic :wub:. It's from Prague :headbang:

He's drinking a real beer not the Czechvar thing they have in the States :max:

What is he drinking?

32 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

From the Apollo gig, why on earth he have to use so many things at once?

Im getting bored of those shirts tied to waist.... besides, wtf, why are they so long?? Its starting to look like a dress or a piece of cloth for the table :facepalm:

If you pay attention to his pictures from the 80s, he's always wore loads of crap..... looks like he's not going to give up on that :shrugs:

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Im getting bored of those shirts tied to waist.... besides, wtf, why are they so long?? Its starting to look like a dress or a piece of cloth for the table :facepalm:

If you pay attention to his pictures from the 80s, he's always wore loads of crap..... looks like he's not going to give up on that :shrugs:

Jaja is true! remember that thing that the catchers use in baseball? that vest with the kilt and his police hat...marvelous!

Apparently they are in St Louis Sucks!!! they had a bad flight (a signal??:nervous:)

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I feel kinda bad for replacing him with beer guzzling Axl :lol:

On the other hand beer drinking Axl is happy Axl :lol:.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

What is he drinking?

He's drinking Budweiser Budvar (Budějovický Budvar), Czech beer with a long tradition. It is sold in the USA under the brand name Czechvar which makes me cringe since it's a combination of an English and a Czech word :facepalm:. - "CZECH" + "pivoVAR" (brewery)

Spoiler

Výsledek obrázku pro budweiser budvar

gAkbagS.gif

(Duffy, you ex King of Beer, don't you look a bit jealous in the background? :rofl-lol:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Jaja is true! remember that thing that the catchers use in baseball? that vest with the kilt and his police hat...marvelous!

lol you laugh in Spanish :ph34r:

Yes, I remember that outfit :drool: It didn't look so bad, though. He was young and beautiful. He could have been wearing a turd above his head and it would have still looked good :lol:

-------

LOL Melissa, she's so exaggerated :laugh:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

He's drinking Budweiser Budvar (Budějovický Budvar), Czech beer with a long tradition. It is sold in the USA under the brand name Czechvar which makes me cringe since it's a combination of an English and a Czech word :facepalm:. - "CZECH" + "pivoVAR" (brewery)

Hide contents

Výsledek obrázku pro budweiser budvar

gAkbagS.gif

(Duffy, you ex King of Beer, don't you look a bit jealous in the background? :rofl-lol:)

Is Budweiser a Czech brand? I didn't know :question:

Ok, so the one sold in the USA is it fake or the same thing just under another name?

Omg, yes!!!! Duff looks like he's drooling in the background :rofl-lol: and he's even cleaning his drool!!! :cry: :lol: