• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• killuridols

• MillionsOfSpiders

• Tori72

• Georgina Arriaga

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I'll give it a go and write my piece on Munich, too. Even though I agree with everything @Lumikki already wrote. It still has gotten kinda lengthy, I hope you don't mind. All in all, it was j

Since the tour's over I managed to get an exclusive interview with the band members  (In the memory of Mr. David Tang)

Alright, they are already in Prague so I know I'm taking a risk of being kicked in the ass, but I couldn't help myself  What if AFD5 were "enjoying" today's social media...   

Posted Images

8 hours ago, penelope said:

But returning to Axl, idk, he may not be a role model and he may have issues, but lets be honest, most of parents aren't super qualified to be parents... 

The guy has money, lots of servants (TB)  can I call them that? ( not very professional in my eyes)  and he doesn't look to crazy to me nowadays, I can't say much about him because  I don't know him, but for what I have read in here he has his moments, but I wouldn't say he isn't apt to have a son/daughter.

So I would say it is his decision and his right for that matter. I mean MJ had kids and they look pretty normal to me... idk that's my opinion

Of course, no parenting is perfect because humans aren't perfect. The thing is that despite little mistakes you don't end up inflicting an incredible amount of pain on your children by psychologically damaging them with bullshit you drag from your own life.

Money, servants, etc. don't mean a shit to a person if their parents are not there to help with shaping your life, your character, your values.

I wouldn't use the Jackson kids as an example of anything. Yes, he had them because he could.... so what? In theory, everybody can have them. That's not the thing. Parenting doesn't mean giving birth or bringing people to the world just because.

Jackson was a crazy guy and I have no idea how the children have turned out but I don't think their lives are very normal. 

7 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Reading everyone's thoughts on whether or Axl would make a good parent has me wondering anyone from the GNR camp actually lurks this thread.

If any of that is the case, hopefully someone catches onto this advice and applies it to his/Axl's life.

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

hope they're not lurking here because they probably wouldn't pick the adivce I'd approve of. lol But I guess they have been at one point or another. This thread is so full of weirdness and proud femininity, I guess non of the GnR guys could handle this. Or understand.

I thought it wouldn't be necessary but maybe we should all make it clear that these are our opinions and nothing else.

Advice? No, no way. We can't be so egotistical. We shouldn't. I mean, when I say what I say it is not meant as an advice to anyone. I'm not here to preach or to say what's right or wrong. I just want to express my opinion or my point of view on things but if they are lurking, I hope they don't take this as that we are trying to tell them what to do with their lives.

Take it just as what it is... opinions of different people.

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just curious, with all this talk of parenting and whether or not Axl would make a good father, is anyone here a parent themselves? 

I am not and for the moment I have chosen not to become a parent because I don't consider myself apt to be a good one.... or at least my idea of what is a good parent.

I know that actually being a parent is different than the previous stage when you are thinking of it but let's don't forget we have been children too. We are still the children of someone else and in my case, I consider myself a good observer of social interaction, so I'm always checking out what happens with the others around me. I have family and friends, I can see how some have been raised and the flaws in it. I see the flaws in the parenting of my friends and acquaintances and I am totally aware of all the flaws in my raising, so... maybe it is a vicarious experience but it is enough to have an opinion about it.

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Of course, no parenting is perfect because humans aren't perfect. The thing is that despite little mistakes you don't end up inflicting an incredible amount of pain on your children by psychologically damaging them with bullshit you drag from your own life.

Money, servants, etc. don't mean a shit to a person if their parents are not there to help with shaping your life, your character, your values.

I wouldn't use the Jackson kids as an example of anything. Yes, he had them because he could.... so what? In theory, everybody can have them. That's not the thing. Parenting doesn't mean giving birth or bringing people to the world just because.

Jackson was a crazy guy and I have no idea how the children have turned out but I don't think their lives are very normal. 

I know, all I'm saying is that if he believes, and if he still wants to have kids, it is his decision at the end. I probably didn't make myself clear...  and yeah MJ shouldn't be taken as an example, whatever, it is just my silly opinion I didn't mean to upset anyone here.

And no, I don't have kids, I know nothing ahout them and I don't consider myself apt to be a parent for lots of reasons. I just wrote of it because I felt it was a bit harsh to say no kid should have Axl as a parent. It was probably a joke idk, anyway, I hope no one takes this very serious.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, penelope said:

These words,  I agree 100% with this especially because I always see people wanting to fill the void with a kid, sometimes it gives me the impression that some people think of a child as a puppy or something that ain't a big deal.

A kid is a lifetime compromise. 

But returning to Axl, idk, he may not be a role model and he may have issues, but lets be honest, most of parents aren't super qualified to be parents... 

The guy has money, lots of servants (TB)  can I call them that? ( not very professional in my eyes)  and he doesn't look to crazy to me nowadays, I can't say much about him because  I don't know him, but for what I have read in here he has his moments, but I wouldn't say he isn't apt to have a son/daughter.

So I would say it is his decision and his right for that matter. I mean MJ had kids and they look pretty normal to me... idk that's my opinion

I  hope he reproduce soon  even if it is with Sasha (at this rate it doesn't matter). 

it is either that  or what Frey said..:scared:

If it's what he wants, I hope he can achieve  the circumstances to have children too.

22 minutes ago, Fang said:

My mom suggested to me once that Axl might be sterile. It seems odd that not even an acvidental child has popped up.

Axl not is sterile, Erin had  miscarriage

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I thought it wouldn't be necessary but maybe we should all make it clear that these are our opinions and nothing else.

Advice? No, no way. We can't be so egotistical. We shouldn't. I mean, when I say what I say it is not meant as an advice to anyone. I'm not here to preach or to say what's right or wrong. I just want to express my opinion or my point of view on things but if they are lurking, I hope they don't take this as that we are trying to tell them what to do with their lives.

Take it just as what it is... opinions of different people.

I am not and for the moment I have chosen not to become a parent because I don't consider myself apt to be a good one.... or at least my idea of what is a good parent.

I know that actually being a parent is different than the previous stage when you are thinking of it but let's don't forget we have been children too. We are still the children of someone else and in my case, I consider myself a good observer of social interaction, so I'm always checking out what happens with the others around me. I have family and friends, I can see how some have been raised and the flaws in it. I see the flaws in the parenting of my friends and acquaintances and I am totally aware of all the flaws in my raising, so... maybe it is a vicarious experience but it is enough to have an opinion about it.

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest only parents could have an opinion on this matter, I was simply curious if anyone happened to be a parent...you know...for observational purposes (see my previous post).  I'm definitely not one to think Axl ought to have children (because I don't think anyone 'ought' to have children, it's very much a personal choice), and I respect his decision.  My only wish for him, for any human being, is companionship of some sort, so I hope he has that, or gets that.  Just my opinion of course.  

And now I'm wondering who is this Roxana Shirazi?  That's a pretty explosive birthday tweet!

6 minutes ago, Fang said:

@Ratam true, though he could have become sterile after. Maybe. I don't know much about sterility. Or he is just very very careful about not having a kid.

Me too,not know if someone become sterile after, maybe for someone  ilness,but ,not sure

@Frey what the hell? :rofl-lol:

I remember talking about this woman before but I now I forgot who she is :question:..... What is her book? when is it coming out? LOL
What has Slash done that there are so many women lining up to destroy him?? :wow:

4 hours ago, penelope said:

And no, I don't have kids, I know nothing ahout them and I don't consider myself apt to be a parent for lots of reasons. I just wrote of it because I felt it was a bit harsh to say no kid should have Axl as a parent. It was probably a joke idk, anyway, I hope no one takes this very serious.

Not harsh. It is just an opinion. Of course, he has the right just like everybody else..... some of us think he might not be apt..... but again, that's up to him... not like anyone here has any power over him. Is it necessary to clarify it? :shrugs:

Also, I think age it is another factor that makes me have a non-positive opinion on this.

3 hours ago, Fang said:

My mom suggested to me once that Axl might be sterile. It seems odd that not even an acvidental child has popped up.

It is very hard for us here to know and determine this. Sterility and infertility are two different things but to be diagnosed with it, you need a steady partner or the situation in which you've been trying to conceive, for at least a year, and have not suceeded.

I remember Axl saying, after Erin had the miscarriage, that they wanted to try it again, that's why they were moving to the new house. But a few months later they broke up, so the plans were abruptly changed.

We don't know if Stephanie and him were trying to have a child.... If they did and it didn't work, then maybe he has a problem.

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest only parents could have an opinion on this matter, I was simply curious if anyone happened to be a parent...you know...for observational purposes (see my previous post). 

I know :)

Just wanted to add that because I think it is interesting to have opinions that are formed based in a different experience.

3 hours ago, Fang said:

I doubt Axl is infertile, sterile or anything else.

He knocked up at least 2 different women (if Julianna Sedbrook is to be believed).  Both of these pregnancies ended in miscarriages.

Just because we haven't heard about any accidental babies, doesn't mean he has trouble creating any.

Duff, Izzy and Slash somehow managed to not have any unplanned children either. And yet Duff and Slash at least were perfectly capable of procreating when they wanted to.

5 hours ago, penelope said:

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. Different opinions are all valid as long as they don't get too :facepalm:-worthy.

For the record, I actually agree with you, I think that was harsh too.

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

And now I'm wondering who is this Roxana Shirazi?  That's a pretty explosive birthday tweet!

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

@Frey what the hell? :rofl-lol:

I remember talking about this woman before but I now I forgot who she is :question:..... What is her book? when is it coming out? LOL
What has Slash done that there are so many women lining up to destroy him?? :wow:

She's a groupie.

She already wrote one book (called "The last living slut"), but apparently she's planning on writing another book? No idea when that one's supposed to come out.

She's the groupie who broke up Sebastian Bach's marriage and also got Dizzy into trouble. Iirc, she claims Dizzy forced her to get an abortion or something? I also vaguely remember her going on and on about how hot Dizzy is? And according to the girls in the Izzy thread she also has a thing for Izzy and tries to flirt with him on Twitter, but is bitter because he doesn't want her?

38 minutes ago, ana pri said:

Is this Roxana Shirazi????????                                             oswpxuzuskipsyvwbpwd.jpg

:awesomeface:

I didn't actually know, but I just googled and yes, that is her apparently.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

Thanks for that info.  Well, my casual google search of Roxana brought up the following line: My legs were wide open and Sebastian was pushing in the vibrator when Axl walked in the room like the Phantom of the Opera.  :lol:  I can't tell you how my brain struggled to comprehend those clashing mental images...but that was the first thing that came up, presumably from her book. I'm still chuckling...

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for that info.  Well, my casual google search of Roxana brought up the following line: My legs were wide open and Sebastian was pushing in the vibrator when Axl walked in the room like the Phantom of the Opera.  :lol:

whaaaaaaaaaat?? :wow:

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I remember Axl saying, after Erin had the miscarriage, that they wanted to try it again, that's why they were moving to the new house.

I never heard that. If it's true it's so fucking sad that it never happened. Even if he an Erin had still subsequently broken up, having a child in his life would have made all the difference to him, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Just because we haven't heard about any accidental babies, doesn't mean he has trouble creating any.

Duff, Izzy and Slash somehow managed to not have any unplanned children either. And yet Duff and Slash at least were perfectly capable of procreating when they wanted to.

Do we seriously believe that none of the AFD5 ever got anyone pregnant in the early days??? After reading Duff's book 'It's so easy', where he states that he never used any contraception in those days - and we can safely assume that the other guys behaved the same - it's statistically very likely that there were quite a few pregnancies. We've just never heard about them because, in my opinion, the women in question would have been paid off to keep quiet about it once the band got successful. In other words, in a situation where there's as much sex as there was in the very early days, the days of the Gardner St studio, and Hell House, there HAS TO have been pregnancies.

Another clue for me is also in Duff's book: he states that when Susan got pregnant with their first child, he had never experienced pregnancy in a way that was welcome before (or words to that effect; I'm paraphrasing as I don't have the book to hand right now). That to me suggests that he had experienced pregnancy in an *unwelcome* way before.

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

She's a groupie.

She already wrote one book (called "The last living slut"),

JFC. To be unkind about it, a professional slut. What a career.

21 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

:( I feel terrible for their family and Duff. Losing a pet is incredibly hard and to have to go perform so soon after is going to be really hard on him.

Isn't this the dog that Duff had before he even met Susan, the one who was so loyal to him? Poor guy.

16 minutes ago, money honey said:

I never heard that. If it's true it's so fucking sad that it never happened. Even if he an Erin had still subsequently broken up, having a child in his life would have made all the difference to him, IMO

By minute 5:10 Kurt Loder asks him if he's gonna stay in his new home and he says yes, they're gonna try "this baby thing" again...

It's too bad that Izzy didn't have children. In my opinion, he seems like the most down to Earth and sweetest of the bunch. He also seems to have come from a good family, might have made a very good parent. But, then again we never know-there could be children out there, but they are kept quiet. Didn't Vince Neil do that with one of the kids he found out he had (I could totally be spacing on this)?

Here are the GNR chapters from Roxana's first book that I could find online. It's pretty graphic so if any of you are bothered by that stuff I would skip this. :facepalm:

Chapter 40: http://imgur.com/a/M8Utx#mKNXSwM

Chapter 41: http://imgur.com/a/y12U0#NkAhzkW

Chapter 42: http://imgur.com/a/59zZV

Chapter 43: http://imgur.com/a/E3MCx

Chapter 44: http://imgur.com/a/aVAPl

Chapter 45: http://imgur.com/a/rbKv1

Chapter 46: http://imgur.com/a/8mXOr

Chapter 47: http://imgur.com/a/bDcQI

Chapter 48: http://imgur.com/a/rx1NK

Chapter 49: http://imgur.com/a/HBXkr

I'm not 100% positive but I believe there were Velvet Revolver (Matt & Slash) stories in there too but I couldn't find those.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Here are the GNR chapters from Roxana's first book that I could find online. It's pretty graphic so if any of you are bothered by that stuff I would skip this. :facepalm:

Chapter 40: http://imgur.com/a/M8Utx#mKNXSwM

Chapter 41: http://imgur.com/a/y12U0#NkAhzkW

Chapter 42: http://imgur.com/a/59zZV

Chapter 43: http://imgur.com/a/E3MCx

Chapter 44: http://imgur.com/a/aVAPl

Chapter 45: http://imgur.com/a/rbKv1

Chapter 46: http://imgur.com/a/8mXOr

Chapter 47: http://imgur.com/a/bDcQI

Chapter 48: http://imgur.com/a/rx1NK

Chapter 49: http://imgur.com/a/HBXkr

I'm not 100% positive but I believe there were Velvet Revolver (Matt & Slash) stories in there too but I couldn't find those.

Do I want to read this or do I not?

I can't even decide :scared:

But thanks for sharing in any case, I guess. I'm sure lots of people here will find it interesting :P

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

HP: What are some of the characteristics in people that you have the most respect for?

AR: Honesty. A person that sticks to their guns and follows their heart over everything else, strength and persistence, and a person who can find the courage to bounce back when it would be easier not to.

This is a funny one.

Because he's basically describing himself here.

:P

HP: What kind of women to you like?

AR: Let's just say I like discreet women, and they have to be intelligent, preferably much more intelligent than me.
HP: Can you remember your first date and where did you take her?
AR: It was with a girl named April, and we had the date in her room. I had to sneak in her window, and out her window.

19 hours ago, Blackstar said:

"discreet" women. It probably alludes to things "leaking" in magazines from Stephanie's side, like the one I posted the other day about Axl wanting her to do therapy with him. And, most importantly, he doesn't mention her at all in this interview and he doesn't come out as positive as in other interviews from that period. If the date is correct, this interview was before his RS one.

Yeah, that's probably what he means by discreet.

I find his claim about liking intelligent women rather dubious though lol. I've yet to see any evidence of that. When has he ever dated or been with a woman that would immediately strike you as intelligent? No offense to the women Axl has dated, but I can't really think of any (with the exception of Gina Siler probably).

I've been (re)reading some interviews. This one from 1992 has interesting quotes, some relevant to the discussion here:

HP: Do you like being with people, or do you consider yourself a loner?

AR: I like a lot of solitude, but then every now and again I get claustrophobic with that and I want to go around a large group of people. After you've had a lot of solitude - I tend to get very vulnerable, it's like when you go outside and you start dealing with a lot of stuff, there just doesn't seem to be a way to slow things down. You can get out of the scene for a while, and then you bet back out, it all comes caving in on you all at once. I find myself pretty much vulnerable, like a little kid out in the world he hasn't seen before. It takes a while to get your grips back on that.

Well this explains Axl's endless cycle of living like a recluse and then suddenly appearing on the scene and becoming a party animal for a few days, before disappearing into reclusivness again.

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

oh, to me the passive-aggressive ones were:

HP: What are some of the characteristics in people that you have the most respect for?
AR: Honesty. A person that sticks to their guns and follows their heart over everything else, strength and persistence, and a person who can find the courage to bounce back when it would be easier not to.
HP: And which characteristics do you despise?
AR: People that have the brains and intelligence to actually create something, but they take the easy way to get the fast buck, rather than be themselves. I also hate dishonesty.

SLASHA

1f633.png

Hah.

I don't think he was necessarily talking about Slash when that interview took place, but considering his words here, it's easy to see why Slash "bending the truth" a bit later on (or "mis-remembering" things) as well as him playing and working with basically everybody who was willing would have irked Axl so much. Watching someone you love show characteristics and doing things you despise is hard to deal with.

1 hour ago, money honey said:

I never heard that. If it's true it's so fucking sad that it never happened. Even if he an Erin had still subsequently broken up, having a child in his life would have made all the difference to him, IMO.

Do we seriously believe that none of the AFD5 ever got anyone pregnant in the early days??? After reading Duff's book 'It's so easy', where he states that he never used any contraception in those days - and we can safely assume that the other guys behaved the same - it's statistically very likely that there were quite a few pregnancies. We've just never heard about them because, in my opinion, the women in question would have been paid off to keep quiet about it once the band got successful. In other words, in a situation where there's as much sex as there was in the very early days, the days of the Gardner St studio, and Hell House, there HAS TO have been pregnancies.

Another clue for me is also in Duff's book: he states that when Susan got pregnant with their first child, he had never experienced pregnancy in a way that was welcome before (or words to that effect; I'm paraphrasing as I don't have the book to hand right now). That to me suggests that he had experienced pregnancy in an *unwelcome* way before.

No. Steven did get a girl pregnant and he has a daughter somewhere out there that he has never met. I also vaguely remember something about Slash getting a letter once claiming he has a daughter in Japan (or something like that???), but we don't really know if there's any truth to that. So basically just an unconfirmed rumor.

But apart from that, nothing. And I do believe we would have heard about it at least in Axl's and Slash's cases if they had illegitimate children somewhere. Someone probably would have come forward to tell the tabloids "I'm Axl Rose's daughter!" or "Slash is my baby daddy!"

I don't think it's that unlikely btw- most of the girls they slept with were of the variety that slept around a lot, so most of them probably used contraceptives. And if they did end up getting pregnant, they might have had abortions like Roxana Shirazi or lost the child due to their hard partying life style (which is what Julianna Sedbrook claims happened to Axl's child). Doing hard drugs and drinking a lot can mess with your fertility too- didn't Slash even talk about that? About how he thinks the drinking/drugs were part of the reason he never got anyone pregnant and that he consciously changed his drug and drinking habits when he and Perla were trying to conceive to increase their chances.

I merely interpreted that line in Duff's book as him talking about that constant worry of getting anyone pregnant when you don't want to, not necessarily meaning that he did actually get someone pregnant before.

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Roxana says that Anthony Bozza told her to call her book that, she wanted to call it something else, despite the content.

I don't know why I find that piece info sad, out of all the things she has to say, but I do. 

The guy that wrote Slash's book?

Didn't know he was involved with her book as well. Seems like there are a lot of connections between her and Slash :confused:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:
1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for that info.  Well, my casual google search of Roxana brought up the following line: My legs were wide open and Sebastian was pushing in the vibrator when Axl walked in the room like the Phantom of the Opera.  :lol:

whaaaaaaaaaat?? :wow:

I just googled this and I gotta say, I cringed reading that Dizzy apparently had no qualms fucking a woman that literally had Axl's name written on her "flower" (as she calls it).

Pretty pathetic. It's like some kind of fucked up metaphore for Dizzy's entire existence :facepalm:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1