GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I've always been a bit sceptical about those two having patched things up but they seemed to be in good spirits together at Apollo and that remark makes me more confident that the friendship has been restored and it's not a sham.

There was one show where Axl introduced Slash as "your friend and mine". I think that as trivial as it may seem to anyone, the fact that after all those years and all those things that Axl said or thought aboout Slash, he actually publicly called him "my friend" was very meaningful. Axl is not the one to just throw words around without meaning them.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Asia said:

There was one show where Axl introduced Slash as "your friend and mine". I think that as trivial as it may seem to anyone, the fact that after all those years and all those things that Axl said or thought aboout Slash, he actually publicly called him "my friend" was very meaningful. Axl is not the one to just throw words around without meaning them.

That's so good to know! And you're right, Axl is not one to use such words lightly.  For some reason, I need these kinds of reassurances. :D 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This list makes me really like Perla :lol:

Oh yeah, I remember those being postet in WT1. And they made me like Perla, pity her a bit and totally see Slash for the one he is. :facepalm::lol:

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

:heart:

Awww Duff, he's really emotional there. :heart: 

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Hello!

I'm in love with the partner in crime thing! Apparently Axl was very happy last night!

She must have told him: ACDC!

Love him without the jewels! Oh and shorts!

Aww he is using a blind melon t shirt :heart:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Oh yeah, I remember those being postet in WT1. And they made me like Perla, pity her a bit and totally see Slash for the one he is. :facepalm::lol:

The one that says "I didn't want to be rude" always puzzled me, but seeing how he is with some fans i.e. the one kissing his hand that we all had a huge debate about, I can see it being about things like that!! Slash being flirty but telling his actual partner he just didn't want to be rude :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The older one?

I guess Axl tried to be extra nice in St Louis. 

Is it my English or was the dude's writing kinda weird?

Yes, I "know" her from the social networks and that old website Paradise City. Enabler of the looney who talks to himself at Nighttrain.

No, I think the guy typed from a phone and the autocorrect fucked up his message. It doesn't make sense to me either.

Awww 'partner in crime' :wub: But, yeah, in this case he was not. You did that alone, sweetie. But he said he thought it was cool. So there, maybe a little partner in crime :P 

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This list makes me really like Perla :lol:

This list...poor Perlita...curly daddy was no piece of cake. 'I'm so sorry...can we fuck now', it's just :facepalm:

• Like 3

In some ways, I really enjoy Perla. I appreciate the Sass.

That being said, if you start messing with someone who is cheating on their spouse to be with you, you don't really get to be surprised when that person also treats you like a piece of shit.  Was Slash still with Perla when he got back together with Meegan?

• Like 2

I think it's pretty nice of Axl to dedicate KOHD to Buckley.

Shows he's at least paying attention to what's going on with the people around him and taking part in their lives.

That's a good sign.

(Although KOHD is starting to become the "dead dog song" to me. First Rosie the Chihuahua, now Buckley the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Hope no one else has any dogs in danger of dying.)

And speaking of dogs... Why does Beta's (or Beta's and Axl's) dog have a photoshoot lined up?

Why can Blue take part in a photoshoot, but not Axl? :P

Are we getting some magazine article about Beta featuring Mr. Blue? Or is Blue a famous French Bulldog about to appear in a dog magazine?

Questions, questions....

12 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I have never heard of the woman who got pregnant by Axl. When was that and for how long have they been together? Did Axl react somehow to that?

The whole Slash thing. The whole thing makes me laugh. Apparently he never changed his sleazy and cheating self of the 80ies. I remember very well our discussion about the parts of his book about Meegan. I was one of us who found those things awfully disrespectful and hurting he said about her. Whatever it was that made her go back to him, I guess it was not a major change in his personality but something else. The whole groupie thing (forgot her name) is weird. It started someday in at least 1990 because Izzy was still on board. And then they met during VR era again and he's groping her boob? Maybe they were even "friends" during a time?

Woman who got pregnant by Axl: Julianna Sedbrook. Late 80s or early 90s. They never really were together, she was just one of the many women Axl was friends with and had "relations" with from time to time, similar to Adriana Smith. One of the stripper girls basically. She also dated Steven at some point. She's been discussed twice iirc. Once in this thread and once in the old thread I think. If you search the threads for her name, her story should show up somewhere. And Axl didn't react, because she never told him. He might have learned about it when she gave that interview though. Iirc, someone said a thread here on mygnr about this topic was locked because it might have been upsetting for Axl to learn about the pregnancy and the miscarriage? Or something like that.

And no, the stuff with Roxana The Groupie happened in 2006, not 1990. In 2006 Izzy was on tour with Axl and NuGNR and that's why he was around in all her stories.

11 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I know it's tempting to laugh at all the groupie talk, but do you guys remember Perla's "excuses men make" list she posted on Instagram? The one where she had "I can't help it. I'm a sex addict" on there? Maybe there is more truth to that than we thought? It's not uncommon for addicts to swap out one addiction for another and it would explain why he would hook up with somebody like Roxana.

I believe Slash used every single one of these excuses with her.

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

Ah yeah, THAT woman :facepalm:

I keep forgetting that name because i know her with a different name, but yeah, she claims to be the woman that's in bed with Steven Adler during 2 second in the WTTJ video :lol: and then she made up a story of being crazy in love with Axl while he was with Erin :rolleyes:

I'm not sure she can be trusted with that story..... I smell BS.

She's not lying about being the girl in the WTTJ video.

Iirc, Steven talks about Julianna in his book or in one of his interviews. I remember him saying something about dating a hot girl named Julianna at the time that he suggested should appear in the video.

9 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Edit: Apparently a partner in crime refers to good friends who get into trouble or your significant other, which we know Slash and Axl are not in a relationship. My question is this: When the hell have they ever gotten into trouble together and when did they consider themselves good/best friends? 

Too many times to count and for multiple years in the 80s and 90s???

Oh I see @Asia already beat me to it lol:

7 hours ago, Asia said:

Answer to part 1: Probably millions of times

Answer to part 2: Since more or less 1984 until the mid 90-s, as for now, I have not enough information, however I think they're back to considering each other at least good friends ;)

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think it had any deeper meaning, it was just a way of introducing Slash and mentioning the riot. That's all. 

7 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Re: Axl's my partner in crime comment.  I took this to be a simple reference to their friendship i.e. this is my buddy, my pal, my mate, my partner in crime.  It's a bit of an old fashioned phrase tbh, I remember it being used a bit in my younger years where you'd introduce your mate as your 'partner in crime.'  Guess it doesn't get used so much these days.  I think Axl was just looking for an opportunity to crack a joke about the 'incident' and introduce Slash at the same time e.g. My partner in crime, returning to the scene of the crime - see what I did there wink, nudge - type of thing. I like that he said that. I've always been a bit sceptical about those two having patched things up but they seemed to be in good spirits together at Apollo and that remark makes me more confident that the friendship has been restored and it's not a sham.  I don't know why it matters to me that they're friends, it just does.

I agree.

That comment is not a big deal, just something nice to say when introducing Slash and also referencing their past history with this place. And as @dgnr just pointed out, Slash did think Axl jumping into the crowd like that was cool :P And you know, now that I think about it, in his book Slash also talked about getting pissed off at the St. Louis biker guy when he met him years later and the guy thought he could talk shit about Axl to Slash's face. As we all know, Axl read Slash's book and to him it probably felt like Slash was defening him in that story, so yeah...

Aside from that, I am not surprised Axl would think of Slash as his partner in crime in a general sense. In old interviews, they used to talk about how it's basically the two of them running the entire GNR machine. I remember either Axl or Slash saying that the two of them would manage band business and make decisions and then they'd ask Duff about his opinion. I also remember Axl saying that he mostly relied on Slash with band stuff or something like that.

And I don't see why Izzy would be more deserving of that title. It was Slash after all who made Axl "cry like he had never cried before" when he left. Yeah, Izzy made Axl cry as well for a couple of hours, but Slash clearly wins the "make Axl sad" duel :awesomeface:  (I'm joking obviously, please don't kill me Izzaxl lovers :scared:)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

And I don't see why Izzy would be more deserving of that title. It was Slash after all who made Axl "cry like he had never cried before" when he left. Yeah, Izzy made Axl cry as well for a couple of hours, but Slash clearly wins the "make Axl sad" duel :awesomeface:  (I'm joking obviously, please don't kill me Izzaxl lovers :scared:

Ooooh...what is this? Did Axl reveal this in an interview?  Hmm...intriguing...!

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ooooh...what is this? Did Axl reveal this in an interview?  Hmm...intriguing...!

Yes, he did. Iirc a Rolling Stone interview ca. 2000. He also revealed in that interview that Slash was "negatively seductive".

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Google to the rescue:

RS Magazine, 2001

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

3 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Yes, he did. Iirc a Rolling Stone interview ca. 2000. He also revealed in that interview that Slash was "negatively seductive".

Oh right, "negatively seductive" :lol: I had forgotten about that lol.

12 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I can totally see Axl wearing that shirt :lol:

Axl wearing a Slash shirt :lol:

Would be absolutely hilarious :rofl-lol:

Especially considering all the Slash shirt drama in the past.

Please, somebody make it happen lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Negatively seductive...what, I wonder, does he mean by that?  I guess it must be a sort of reference to the fact Axl can't easily wash his hands of Slash because he's in awe of Slash's talent?  Which makes him irreplaceable?  

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Google to the rescue:

RS Magazine, 2001

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

Oh right, "negatively seductive" :lol: I had forgotten about that lol.

Axl wearing a Slash shirt :lol:

Would be absolutely hilarious :rofl-lol:

Especially considering all the Slash shirt drama in the past.

Please, somebody make it happen lol.

Oh wow.  That quote.  Bloody hell...thanks for finding that.  Don't blame him though.  This here: I wanted the world to love and respect him. I watched him throw it away.  Wonder what the two think about that nowadays?

• Like 1