GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Looks like they will keep playing...

Great that they are playing in Africa.

The interview with Mitch Laffon this coming monday maybe will include an announcement of a Live album and he interview somebody from the Juju Hounds @Tori72

Thanks! :)I think he said the interview was with „a member from GnR“. He tweeted in another tweet yesterday that "a Ju Ju Hound" called him randomly. Must be Jimmy, don’t see Izzy doing that at all. If he is interviewing him too, I don’t know. I’d love it, of course.

Edited by Tori72

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Don’t want to derail the thread too much....but that video she took of him snatching her phone away was pretty bad and she had a fair bit of evidence against him too. 

He has always had a reputation for being a bit wild with the partying and everything, being a bit difficult to work with, chronic lateness on sets and to interviews.

He leads a lifestyle that has caused him to be in millions of dollars worth of debt despite being on of the highest paid actors in Hollywood! 

damn, ok that's bad.

If he's dead or end up in jail in like a year or two or three years, we won't be surprised

still, I always got bad vibes everytime I look into Amber Heard photos. In fact, both of them do. Johnny Depp used to look so handsome, now he's only a shell of his old self.

Edited by tifalucis

Johnny Depp looks like he's trying way to hard to be a "rock star" with all the tattoos and clothes and stuff. To me seems like a huge poser (just like one of Axl's former guitarists). Plus the domestic abuse thing doesn't make it any better.

• Like 1

Johnny Depp used to be a big crush of mine when I was a kid. He hit it big almost same time when GN'R. My best favorite movie of him is Gilbert Grape because he's so different there :unsure:

And he managed to remain awesome for a long time. Much longer than Axl and everybody else.

But ever since I found out about his DV he is no longer a person I admire. I totally believe his wife, no matter how much of a bitch she is, she's got proof and that's enough for me.

Now he reminds me of the last phase of Scott Weiland. That skeletal look is typical of drug users. Scott looked the same just before he died, so.... expect I wont be surprised if it happens.

I dont understand why these people go that route. Is it so awful up there in the top of the mountain? :shrugs:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont understand why these people go that route. Is it so awful up there in the top of the mountain? :shrugs:

I don’t know... I guess it is so easy to get access to anything. And drugs have always been a big thing in Hollywood, either movies or music. With GnR, they started drugs before they got famous, no idea how Johnny Depp lived but I’m sure he was always somehow associated...?

Why artists take drugs and so on has been issue of lots of research and examination.  Party it is curiosity and partly I think it is somehow socially learned. Like a habit that is being passed on and aimed for by the younger generation...?

Edited by Tori72

29 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Why artists take drugs and so on has been issue of lots of research and examination.  Party it is curiosity and partly I think it is somehow socially learned. Like a habit that is being passed on and aimed for by the younger generation...?

Yes, I think it is basic: money.

Drug dealers look for people with money and for people who will do anything to get drugs. So it is both ends of the pyramid. The poor ones will steal and kill to be able to pay their drug. The rich ones spend all their money in drugs. So the dealers really have it easy.

Artists and Hollywood types attend those cocaine parties and that's how they become in touch with that world. Besides, people who can afford good quality drugs will pay more for it, dealers know about this.

It is a vicious circle, I don't know how it ends. Why are people caught up in the drugs in first place is a mistery to me, but it must have to be with not haviing a social circle of real support, not love, no family, or just simple curiosity as you say :shrugs:

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I think it is basic: money.

Drug dealers look for people with money and for people who will do anything to get drugs. So it is both ends of the pyramid. The poor ones will steal and kill to be able to pay their drug. The rich ones spend all their money in drugs. So the dealers really have it easy.

Artists and Hollywood types attend those cocaine parties and that's how they become in touch with that world. Besides, people who can afford good quality drugs will pay more for it, dealers know about this.

It is a vicious circle, I don't know how it ends. Why are people caught up in the drugs in first place is a mistery to me, but it must have to be with not haviing a social circle of real support, not love, no family, or just simple curiosity as you say :shrugs:

I think to step into severe addiction like GnR members or Scott Weiland have done you need more than a little curiosity. Maybe insecurity, maybe no real love and no real friends, ... I really don’t get it either. 

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There are always lots of stories of Johnny pickling his liver to oblivion in the local pubs when he comes here for filming - just google Johnny Depp drunk :lol:

He was super handsome , sadly his look is a drugadicct person,his eyes cause impression in me😨

You can have all, family, good standard, everything. But if you have issues which can be at first row fixed by drugs, it`s easy to slip and fall. Usually the first people to give you drug is someone near you who wants to fix your problem by the way he/she knows - to get high. (or you get medicated, it`s dirt easy to have some clean packed benzos and even opiates from your nice family doctor). Then it`s vicious circle because you start to take drugs not to feel better with them but not feel miserable without them and it`s hard and slippery way out. 

Basically you can put a person under high dose of sedatives and opiates - medical analogs of heroin (ICU), even if you withdraw them fast you`ll make your patient go through delicious cold turkey, and that person walks away and never falls into drugs so... combination of biological, sociological and psychological factors. I did a research on it an surprisingly many people around tried some drugs (even heroin!) but they didn`t speak to them or even it was frightening experience and never reached them again. 

Edited by Alja

25 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I think to step into severe addiction like GnR members or Scott Weiland have done you need more than a little curiosity. Maybe insecurity, maybe no real love and no real friends, ... I really don’t get it either. 

Yeah, also peer pressure when you are very young. Curiosity killed the cat.... you can start by being curious but then it catches you, til a point you can't let it go.

Thank you @GingerHair for your comments on the show! It is always good to hear from first hand experience and Im glad you got very close to the scene :D

19 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

He seemed overall as fit as last year, sweated like a pig (a nice, pink, nicely smelled pig) and, oh boy, he does have a big package:ph34r::awesomeface: .

OMFG I just fell off my chair with this line!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

19 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

Slash seemed very self-absorbed and I don't think I saw him smiling or kidding around not even once. At least, not to my memory (I have to see some videos to remind me of those details).

This was my perception of Slash too, when I saw him back in Chile (I was on his side).... I guess he just concentrates too much on what he's doing, he takes it very seriously... unlike someone :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

I have no idea what is the real role of Andrei Gillott but I have to say he looks hot! :ph34r:

His role is to be hot and appeal the girls in front row :lol:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

Slash seemed very self-absorbed and I don't think I saw him smiling or kidding around not even once. At least, not to my memory (I have to see some videos to remind me of those details).

Slash smiled at the beginning of the set and he`s surprisingly cute when he smiles (spotted his smile live first time ever).

• Like 2

@GingerHair Thanks for your great review! I’m glad you had a good time in Berlin and enjoyed view, pig sweat and package. :lol: (That I’ve never noted since he’s on not so tight pants. lol)

Yeah, Slash concentrates a lot and seems very into his music. He seemed to be more approachable and communicative in the 80s and 90s on stage. Nowadays he’s just doing his thing...

I think the same about Axl’s former self and sometimes a look more closely if I can find anything of the old Axl. There are certain movements of the head, some grimasses and facial expressions that he is still doing and remind me of the „real Axl“. But the lines in his face don’t show that he’s doing those movements and expressions since forever so it feels very odd. :shrugs:

Andrei looks like a dolled up dude who WANTS to be hot. pfffrrrr :shrugs:

38 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

Depp is fine, Duff met them in Berlin.

We know they met with Duff that’s why we were talking about Depp in the first place. lol Are you telling me he looks healthy and fine to you?

Edited by Tori72

54 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

@GingerHair Thanks for your great review! I’m glad you had a good time in Berlin and enjoyed view, pig sweat and package. :lol: (That I’ve never noted since he’s on not so tight pants. lol)

Yeah, Slash concentrates a lot and seems very into his music. He seemed to be more approachable and communicative in the 80s and 90s on stage. Nowadays he’s just doing his thing...

I think the same about Axl’s former self and sometimes a look more closely if I can find anything of the old Axl. There are certain movements of the head, some grimasses and facial expressions that he is still doing and remind me of the „real Axl“. But the lines in his face don’t show that he’s doing those movements and expressions since forever so it feels very odd. :shrugs:

Andrei looks like a dolled up dude who WANTS to be hot. pfffrrrr :shrugs:

We know they met with Duff that’s why we were talking about Depp in the first place. lol Are you telling me he looks healthy and fine to you?

Didnt saw the pic was already posted, i was thinking of the pic people are discussing on twitter, which is much worse, could be an old pic or just a bad pic. The pic with Duff he looks fine, just terrible hair style and shades.

Dey78mrXUAI0cD8.jpg

Something close happened to Jet Li, he shaved his hair and is using glasses now and a bad pic where looks 80 and people were saying he was dying, he looks older without all the hair, but sure not 80.

jet-li-sick.jpg?fit=1200,600&ssl=1

At this age, any weight loss will do that to you, combined with a shaved look, and the whole internet think youre dying. Thinking about it, i dont know if Axl losing weight would bring any real benefit, at this point he will not look like 2006 or 2010 again, and i doubt he will sing better either, aging is no joke.

Edited by Rickodez
  • Like 1

Oh, you all stop being so sweet. :hug:

I know you the sound issue was already discussed but I wanted to add a pinch of salt: I met someone from Berlin at a GNR gathering and she told me that she had been to numerous concerts from other bands in another venue in Berlin (sorry, I don't know the name), which is a venue that fits around 40,000 people and has a very good acoustic and that she had never been to Olympiastadion because it is famous for the bad acoustic but she'd go because it was GNR and she hoped it'd be ok bla bla bla. She mentioned that even the Rolling Stones played on this other venue and that their tickets sold out in 3 min so they opened another night for sale. 

I met another fan on my way to the airport (who actually was the one who broke the news to me about the sound problem) who told me about the bad reviews on the German press and that he people started leaving the stadium before the end of the show because, on the back seats, not only they couldn't hear the lyrics, they even had a hard time to figure out which song it was (that is f'ing bad!!). 

If other big bands and even Rolling Stones play on a smaller venue (and it isn't by lack of demand if tickets sold out in 3min!), maybe it's because they prefer to play 2 nights in a smaller setting but with a better experience to fans than fill up a huge stadium and then having people unsatisfied. And it isn't like GNR is bigger than RS. Actually, they were still selling ticket at ticket corner on the day of the concert (I asked) and 1h before the concert, I started getting anxious because the seats were still more than half empty but, actually, it eventually filled up to a decent level by the time the concert began.

Or, of course, as you have already discussed, they could do what any decent artist would and invest on having a good acoustic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

Didnt saw the pic was already posted, i was thinking of the pic people are discussing on twitter, which is much worse, could be an old pic or just a bad pic. The pic with Duff he looks fine, just terrible hair style and shades.

Dey78mrXUAI0cD8.jpg

Oh, man, that's bad. :wacko:

I didn't follow the DV allegations, I barely know anything about it. But, regardless, I just hope you're right and it's just a plain weight loss.