GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 hours ago, Santacruz said:

I am not against his wife or the fact that she should get money , not at all.

I just question the amount of money.  It is a very bad deal for Slash. I think it is not balanced. He Looks like he could  be in financial trouble the next years while Perla gets out of this quite careless. I do not call this balanced.

That's all.

You are right, the PC feminism end where the money start ....

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I just want to comment on how important what downzy said here is. I can't reiterate enough that whilst many people in and with the band are public figures this does not mean you can say whatever you want without consequence.

Most of the time this thread is good humoured but occasionally it goes too far with no good reason. Please consider before you post as to whether something you say could be viewed as defamatory even if you meant it in jest.

Myself and now @janrichmond are going to be keeping a closer eye out for discussion of this nature and any hint will be shut down immediately.

I have zero respect for Fernando and his family. They have insulted fans many times. They are terrible managers. We all in this forum have called him and other members of his family many things. I didn't mean to call him "sexual predator" We have called out Slash over the pictures he posted in his social media. Pictures that were by far worst than Fernando's shirt.  Heck! We even called Axl out over his shirts. Why all of a sudden is that such a big deal?

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

I have zero respect for Fernando and his family. They have insulted fans many times. They are terrible managers. We all in this forum have called him and other members of his family many things. I didn't mean to call him "sexual predator" We have called out Slash over the pictures he posted in his social media. Pictures that were by far worst than Fernando's shirt.  Heck! We even called Axl out over his shirts. Why all of a sudden is that such a big deal?

Because talking about a general dislike of clothing and misogynistic imagery is one thing but drawing parallels with Weinstein went too far.

I don't want to drag this up in the thread again so we can take it to PM if you want.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Santacruz said:

Groupies: well I think it would be interesting to analyse what makes women becoming a part of a scenery where they are treated like objects. Maybe because they are looking for "strong" men ( father figures)  or they learned that the most important thing is to please other people and get attention for that? I tried the band groupie thing 15 minutes in my teen years and then I left the rehearsal room thinking: these boring idiots...:-)

I think it's the second one.... in the case of the rockers, these girls gained attention from them but when it comes to GN'R, the groupies didn't make it past the initial moment.

Groupies and stripper girls were around when GN'R was as poor as they were.... As soon as they got rich and famous, they ditched all the Adrianas and Barbies Von Grief, to replace them with "good refined women", like Erin, Stephanie, Renee, Susan... you know, "models"... at least, those are the women they were "officially" with, because the others were embarassing.

I never liked serving men :lol: or pleasing them in any aspect :ph34r:.... actually, thats the reason why I've been so difficult around men, so the groupie thing was never even an idea for me. Also, I was raised in a different environment, where I did not have to get anything from strangers, since my parents gave me everything I needed.

Guess that's somehow another reason why some women do it, to get things, money, status, things they can't get on their own by their own means.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GingerHair said:

Personally, I am not positive neither negative. I think those values are out of our scales but it's probably completely normal to the lifestyle that Slash and his family have. :shrugs: I guess that if he agreed to pay it, it's because he can provide. And, if at some point he has difficult to keep it up and can prove that his situation changed dramatically, out of his own control, he can ask for a re-negotiation . Honestly, I am not the minimum worried or sorry for him. 

At least, he stopped trying to claim that they weren't even married. That was terribly embarrassing! :facepalm:

i agree

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Did you notice that yesterday Vanessa was in Aalten? Did you know who live in Aalten? Angus!!!! I bet Axl was with him....and hope to see him guest tonight.

I couldn't see it, because her account is private :(

2 hours ago, GingerHair said:

My personal take, from hearing/reading about them, they seem to be girls who loved the music scene, loved the lifestyle but didn't find a place to stand on their own, if it's wasn't by hanging out with a men who was already in the industry. 

Maybe because the music industry (specially rock) can afford to be so gender oriented to men, women didn't developed into enough big weight to carry a flag equivalent to the #metoo movement. It'd be like asking a regular woman (the groupie), with no big Hollywood career give her credibility, to stand on her own against someone much richer and more powerful. In no time, she'd be slut-shammed, people saying that she's doing it for spotlight and/or money.  For example, I just cannot picture someone like Barbie Von Greiff, Adriana Smith or Juliana Sedbrook (just to mention some of the groupies we are familiar with) having emotional or financial chance to stand against a big named musician.

Edit: I am not trying to say that the groupie /sexist issue is isolated to GNR at all. I just gave those names as examples because they are the ones I am more familiar with.

My grandpa was an actor (local!) and he talked about actresses with no outstanding talent who were promoted by directors just because they laid with them. They were pain in the ass for all expect those two (when they were doing it and then when they split). Not all directors were like that, to say. Grandpa always had respect for talented women (who sometimes didn`t get the role because other got it through sheets; men also have they ass-shoving strategies). Don`t forget outstanding women of rock`n`roll, albeit few got public spot, there were many others who were independent, muses, artists of their own, trendsetters, respected. Direct spotlight is not always a place where one wants to be. Not all women around musicians were groupies. Groupies are also part of the cliche so it`s difficult to guess how it was in real. It`s not just isolated for art scene, it`s everywhere and those bosses` groupies are open about they don`t do it for love. There are insanely cheap girls, women who can`t offer more than sex or don`t value themselves enough, or just take this easy way up. Who can even get angry to dangerous if their game is not answered. Despised woman is dangerous element.

1 minute ago, Politania said:

;) u got his talent?:P

He wasn`t actively playing when I was growing up, but he was gorgeous entertainer and mimicker, wise man with a soul of a child. I honestly I didn`t know until I saw Axl performing and poof! I got that that`s the way it should be done, you should absorb and live the feeling to very bottom of your soul and then the magic happens! (Tested, works)

7 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

:ph34r:

Jiq06uo.gif

Few centimeters lower and there`s no future potential of banner Axl show some balls

• Haha 1

Just now, Alja said:

He wasn`t actively playing when I was growing up, but he was gorgeous entertainer and mimicker, wise man with a soul of a child. I honestly I didn`t know until I saw Axl performing and poof! I got that that`s the way it should be done, you should absorb and live the feeling to very bottom of your soul and then the magic happens! (Tested, works)

Few centimeters lower and there`s no future potential of banner Axl show some balls

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I spit my tea!!!! hahahahaha:lol:

• Thanks 1

About the Slash/Perla never being married. I believe it's a move done by solicitors when a couple marry out of their own country. I actually know someone who got nothing because they had a beach ceremony in another country so it was classed as not a legal marriage.

The bloke kept his wealth and the wife got a nominal one-off payment. 

5 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Chris Slade in the podcast that I linked in the Axl/DC thread say very lovely things about Axl....and say that  HE cannot imagine another person taking Brian's place in AC/DC.

I have been listening to Stiff Upper Lip all day, they should do an album like that, Axl would fuckin’ boss that style! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

About the Slash/Perla never being married. I believe it's a move done by solicitors when a couple marry out of their own country. I actually know someone who got nothing because they had a beach ceremony in another country so it was classed as not a legal marriage.

I guess reading a few of the comments i dont know why slash never did a prenup with perla like he did with his first wife renee. So he can take some of the blame to. Maybe the financial implications of divorce is one of the reasons axl isnt married.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I guess reading a few of the comments i dont know why slash never did a prenup with perla like he did with his first wife renee. So he can take some of the blame to. Maybe the financial implications of divorce is one of the reasons axl isnt married.

A prenup would've been a really good idea at the time. That's a ridiculous amount of money to give her each month.

12 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I'm going to say this carefully, but in part the rock guys are untouchable because the groupie scene has muddied the waters to an unbelievable extent. Many (not all) women were active participants in their own degradation back then. Many weren't, but it's extremely hard for them to rise above that image. Roxana Shirazi can call herself a feminist all she wants, but her behavior muddies the waters. Why does Axl still wear those ridiculous t-shirts? Because he can, baby.

Exactly...it's like the groupies to the athletes, etc...each person is getting something out of it...like the late Hugh Hefner said, "If a beautiful women expressed interest in me and my company, I don't really probe their motivations. Call me shallow." 

As for the T-shirts...I consider myself a feminist and see nothing wrong with them...like please don't take away humor/sex from me

• Like 1

I guess the

1 hour ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Exactly...it's like the groupies to the athletes, etc...each person is getting something out of it...like the late Hugh Hefner said, "If a beautiful women expressed interest in me and my company, I don't really probe their motivations. Call me shallow." 

As for the T-shirts...I consider myself a feminist and see nothing wrong with them...like please don't take away humor/sex from me

I guess Axls shirts have been talked about primarily because they are part of his somehow strange ( and maybe slightly tasteless ) stage outfit. The discussion about sexist shirts started with Nandos shirt. This came across as not so nice and quite oldfashioned macho-style. I guess it supposed to be funny. :blink:

Sex and Humor? Anytime! But not everybody who think is funny really is..especially when the joke is on other people. Best thing: do not take yourself too serious. I am not sure if the GNR Entourage is into this kind of mindset…;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'm afraid he brought that to himself. He married without a prenuptial agreement?. He did it when he married Renee Suran. So that divorce was not big deal.

A wedding in other country was not the issue. Slash claimed that Perla's divorce from her previous husband was not finalized. He tried to claim bigamy or something like it from her part.

• Like 2