GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Di Maria shouldnt even be playing. He's old by now. I was surprised to find out he was still in the team. Him and Mascherano are the oldest guys.

I agree Messi should not have kicked that penalty.... but maybe he has other pressures? He's not only a player, he's an attraction. People pay tickets to see him play :shrugs:

Everybody here agree with that. Also, Pavón entered and he had a much higher energy than the rest.

Messi carries around a lot of pressure and that's really bad. Argentina need to work more as a team but its tough because none of them play together in their daily lives, each guy is in their own team and only gather for WC every four years.

Iceland defended themselves well but they are nowhere near the level of Germany or other stronger teams. If we had difficulties to win this one, I dont know what will be of us when we have to face the real deal :facepalm:

it will be easier cause Iceland only played defense. other teams , stronger teams, will attack so it will not be like today where you have 10 player defending the goal area...

mascherano is old but good. they need some professionals who experienced former championships. 

France also had difficulties today as uruguay yesterday. the first match isn t always the one which proves how strong a team is.

Just now, Natty said:

it will be easier cause Iceland only played defense. other teams , stronger teams, will attack so it will not be like today where you have 10 player defending the goal area...

mascherano is old but good. they need some professionals who experienced former championships. 

France also had difficulties today as uruguay yesterday. the first match isn t always the one which proves how strong a team is.

Maybe, but Argentina has been mediocre for a long time.

We didnt do that good in the regional championships either.... There is something that lacks here and no one knows what it is. :shrugs:

Is it the players, is it the manager, is it the stars? And Messi somehow gets blocked when he has to play for us... What is going on?

I hope it changes and you are right, advancing will be tough, though...

39 minutes ago, Alja said:

That crowd was insanely lame and it basically didn`t have that much with sound issues, which were just nail to the coffin. I could party my petite soul off and too many posh people in the best spots just didn`t react (they usually do react on me, even before the show, we came there to have fun!). It was mostly like a f*cin` cold wall of people decently enjoying the show or just being there half bored occasionally taking a picture, like that butchery wall-sized guy right in front of me on rail and, if you ever performed, it`s like cold shower. I felt bad, cold, unplugged, disconnected.. Throwing bottles never helps, partying your ass off and interacting with the band does (pub to stadium size acts). I remember being profoundly sorry for Mick Jagger in Austria, the crowd was also half dead, he kind of sharply fought it, still, Jagger operates in a very different way than Axl does, Axl being much more vulnerable and prone to fluctuation, yet far more heartfelt, touchy and intensive.

Yes, Axl sucks if he has sound issues and even much more he sucks if there`s no energy to move, that`s what ultimately makes him elite frontman, the way he can work with crowd energy. It`s an exchange, the more energy crowd gives, the more energy Axl has to give to the crowd, the smoother he performs, because voice is a whole body and soul instrument and it`s vulnerable much more than any other. 

He would throw the mike and storm away after few minutes in 90s, instead of it he still tried his best until the end. 

Axl sucked that night because he sucked, he even said so himself. You can’t mostly blame the crowd for what happened in Berlin, seriously?.....he had vocal issues probably due to a number of things all combining into one huge shitfest... I wouldn’t dare say the crowd was a factor into that, though. 

By most accounts Axl was still energetic and interactive with people in the crowd despite his problems. 

Some crowds are just like that, there have been many like it on this tour so far and Axl was just fine. There will be more like it too - unless they only ever tour SA and Italy for the rest of their lives :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

We in Central America are rooting for Germany! We hate the Mexican Team with all of our collective heart (only their football  team, they are lovely people)

Costa Rica is tomorrow!!!!!!!!

where are you from? Costa rica?

I hate the German football team (sorry @Tori72) cause they always knock out Argentina :anger:

I am sure we ll see some surprises during the next days. A mexican victory would be fine with me :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Natty said:

where are you from? Costa rica?

I hate the German football team (sorry @Tori72) cause they always knock out Argentina :anger:

I am sure we ll see some surprises during the next days. A mexican victory would be fine with me :lol:

Pura Vida Costa Rica!!!!!! Born in Costa Rica, married to a guatemalan boy and living in beautiful Honduras

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl sucked that night because he sucked, he even said so himself. You can’t mostly blame the crowd for what happened in Berlin, seriously?.....he had vocal issues probably due to a number of things all combining into one huge shitfest... I wouldn’t dare say the crowd was a factor into that, though. 

By most accounts Axl was still energetic and interactive with people in the crowd despite his problems. 

Some crowds are just like that, there have been many like it on this tour so far and Axl was just fine. There will be more like it too - unless they only ever tour SA and Italy for the rest of their lives :lol:

I`ve had rail spot in Prague and almost rail spot in Berlin (I held the rail to keep balance there). If I compared Prague Axl and Berlin Axl, there was massive difference. The difference was connection and in Berlin he really struggled establish it. He was far less energetic and easy going (yet still more energy and more unique than you get from most other frontmen). You could see he`s trying to break through. After KOHD his certain something was definitively palpably back, although never reached Prague. It`s a thing I go for in concert, so I`m sensitive on that. 

It wasn`t shitfest, it wasn`t skyrocket concert high experience, but from not immediate point of view rather interesting. 

Don`t forget eastern Europeans, we are pretty enthusiastic, too. Another Prague date would be excellent, Czech organizers make really good backup for concerts. And, @Lio much more partying cheering people there!

2 minutes ago, Alja said:

I`ve had rail spot in Prague and almost rail spot in Berlin (I held the rail to keep balance there). If I compared Prague Axl and Berlin Axl, there was massive difference. The difference was connection and in Berlin he really struggled establish it. He was far less energetic and easy going (yet still more energy and more unique than you get from most other frontmen). You could see he`s trying to break through. After KOHD his certain something was definitively palpably back, although never reached Prague. It`s a thing I go for in concert, so I`m sensitive on that. 

It wasn`t shitfest, it wasn`t skyrocket concert high experience, but from not immediate point of view rather interesting. 

Don`t forget eastern Europeans, we are pretty enthusiastic, too. Another Prague date would be excellent, Czech organizers make really good backup for concerts. And, @Lio much more partying cheering people there!

Prague was near the end of the leg, Berlin was the first show. Huge difference. Axl was jetlagged and struggling (at least in part due to sound issues), that is why he was less energetic. It was by no means the crowd's fault. He was yelling in his mic and running backstage any chance he got, from the very beginning. That had nothing to do with the crowd. Plus if you can barely hear him sing the first songs, you can't really blame (part of) the crowd for not being super enthusiastic.

If we follow your logic, only Eastern Europe (and maybe South America) gets good shows and the rest of us don't (and serves us right).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Prague was near the end of the leg, Berlin was the first show. Huge difference. Axl was jetlagged and struggling (at least in part due to sound issues), that is why he was less energetic. It was by no means the crowd's fault. He was yelling in his mic and running backstage any chance he got, from the very beginning. That had nothing to do with the crowd. Plus if you can barely hear him sing the first songs, you can't really blame (part of) the crowd for not being super enthusiastic.

If we follow your logic, only Eastern Europe (and maybe South America) gets good shows and the rest of us don't (and serves us right).

Good show at the end is personal experience I cannot argue and each and everyone of us goes to the show for different reasons, expectations... I bet some people don`t like when people around are moving too much and bump against them. I like eastern European crowd because we are not cold yet not dangerously wild. Then there are things you see as a pro in terms of how is organized crowd safety, too. 

I wrote more about the show and factors in review and it`s vicious circle in which you can`t say what was first. For me there are subtle signs like how people react on gates or how they behave while waiting for a band. Concert energy is very dynamic and difficult to grasp and when it works, it`s something thick in the air between performers and audience. From the stage you see clearly like max five or so lines, they are the key ones. 

Sound issues with slightly asynchronous unbalanced muddy instruments sound are problem. Not so fit frontman for whatever reason is a problem. Cold audience is a problem. 

I can`t change anything what happened and I can`t blame Axl solely, for me it was interesting - to see what`s possible if most factors play against you. 

• Like 1

Loving this football discussion :wub: And loving the way you're all defending Messi, you sound like the people who always defend Axl :P My opinion is completely different than all of yours,  but I'm portuguese and a Ronaldo nutswinger so I'll see myself out :lol: I looooove Argentina and their team and I'm really rooting for them though. Argentina has great players and I'm sure they're gonna do better in the next games :hug:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Have i stumbled into the men's thread??

No, this is the trans thread now :ph34r:

Bear with it or...... just deal with it! 

Are u a cricket fan or what? :max:

4 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Loving this football discussion :wub: And loving the way you're all defending Messi, you sound like the people who always defend Axl :P My opinion is completely different than all of yours,  but I'm portuguese and a Ronaldo nutswinger so I'll see myself out :lol: I looooove Argentina and their team and I'm really rooting for them though. Argentina has great players and I'm sure they're gonna do better in the next games :hug:

Loooool Messi nutswingers? :lol:

I dont defend him, because you know, Im the hater here :ph34r:... I think he did not good and from what I've read in the local media, they compared his situation with Cristiano, in which he put Portugal on his shoulders and delivered, without hesitation or doubts or nerves.

I dont like Cristiano's arrogance and his whole persona but as a player, no one can deny he achieved what his country expected from him and that is what Messi has not been able to do for Argentina.

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Loooool Messi nutswingers? :lol:

I dont defend him, because you know, Im the hater here :ph34r:... I think he did not good and from what I've read in the local media, they compared his situation with Cristiano, in which he put Portugal on his shoulders and delivered, without hesitation or doubts or nerves.

I dont like Cristiano's arrogance and his whole persona but as a player, no one can deny he achieved what his country expected from him and that is what Messi has not been able to do for Argentina.

YES!! :P Messi shouldn't score that penalty cause he had a lot of pressure = Axl has a free pass to sound awful at the first show of the new leg of the tour :P I mean he is the best player of his team, the second best player in the world (:ph34r:), he is good at scoring penaltys, he is an experienced player and - the most important - he is the captain of his team. So if anyone should have the responsibility that would be him :shrugs:

That's exactly the point. Ronaldo has the same responsibility in our team, he does carry the team on his shoulders also. But he's always there when it's needed, he's the first one to appear. As Pelé was in Brazil, God Dieguito in Argentina, Zidane in France, Zico in Brazil. All of the biggest players carried the national team on their shoulders on WC and whatnot. It's not about the penalty, really. Anyone could fail, Ronaldo could have failed ours yesterday. It's about leave everything you have on the field. Ronaldo did it, Messi didn't.

Edited by dgnr
  • GNFNR 1

In honer of Matt "Guitar" Murphy, American blues guitarist, who has passed away at age 88.  How lucky we are to see some of our musical heroes still touring.  Here are the inimitable Blues Brothers featuring Murphy and Steve Cropper (No. 39 on Rolling Stone's list of 100 Greatest Guitarists who is coming in concert to my area soon) and the late bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn.  Good times blues, if there is such a thing.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alja said:

Berlin audiences are the most critical and spoiled in the world. Every band , artist, etc. you can imagine shows up here and there is a lot of comparison ( who was good, who sucked?). Germans are quite critical but they are honest and if you suck they will tell you, but if not you'll really have a great and thankful audience. They are just not able to pretend that something is good if it isn't. Is it charming? No. But you always know where you are standing which is not so bad IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1