GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

We dont function well when we go into full Argie mode. That mix of Spanish and Italian in our bloods is bad, really bad for a high competition situation like this.

Look at what happened with Croatia. We completely lost it and I dont mean in the literal sense :lol:.... it was embarassing to get mad like that. Not to mention the fucking idiots who beat Croatian fans when the game ended :no:

So I guess it is better to be a fridge like the Germans :P. Robotic but to the point

We will see!

Last WC we defeated Nigeria but I heard the only one who remains from that team is Musa :shrugs:

Oh thanks. :D It’s true though. :rofl-lol: There’s this german comedian who explained the german football strategy in one of his sketches. Which is walking the field like brainless idiots without body control, only shooting straight, boring shots into nothingness, not getting anything, not being strategic or inventive but winning by accident in the end. You should see him act it out. I’m dying when I see it.

I remember the match Germany-Argentina from 2006. There was a lot of emotions and fighting going on, also between the players. One of the German players got suspended which cost us the next match because we lost it against Italy. That match against Argentina was so hard. 2 times Penalty in the end. Nerv wracking for everybody. But ultimately great when your team wins. ;) lol 

52 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh thanks. :D It’s true though. :rofl-lol: There’s this german comedian who explained the german football strategy in one of his sketches. Which is walking the field like brainless idiots without body control, only shooting straight, boring shots into nothingness, not getting anything, not being strategic or inventive but winning by accident in the end. You should see him act it out. I’m dying when I see it.

I remember the match Germany-Argentina from 2006. There was a lot of emotions and fighting going on, also between the players. One of the German players got suspended which cost us the next match because we lost it against Italy. That match against Argentina was so hard. 2 times Penalty in the end. Nerv wracking for everybody. But ultimately great when your team wins. ;) lol 

I think there are many memes and tweets around the Internet now, mocking the way Germany plays :ph34r:

@Andy14 showed me one :smiley-confused2:

Honestly, I dont want the Argies getting nasty because when they do they really fucked up. Especially Messi, he loses his mind and gets a yellow card just for acting like an asshole, in spite of his character being mostly like a priest :lol:

He is a wolf in a lamb disguise when he loses his temper so nope... Germans better keep it freezing cold or we will have a massacre :facepalm:

OH MY GOD, I am projecting too much!!! Who the fuck told me I am in the final already? :lol:

12 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think there are many memes and tweets around the Internet now, mocking the way Germany plays :ph34r:

@Andy14 showed me one :smiley-confused2:

Honestly, I dont want the Argies getting nasty because when they do they really fucked up. Especially Messi, he loses his mind and gets a yellow card just for acting like an asshole, in spite of his character being mostly like a priest :lol:

He is a wolf in a lamb disguise when he loses his temper so nope... Germans better keep it freezing cold or we will have a massacre :facepalm:

OH MY GOD, I am projecting too much!!! Who the fuck told me I am in the final already? :lol:

LOL! FINALEEE ohooo! Maybe you can tell the future. ;)

The bolded: show me! I love to see them. :lol:

EDIT: because it’s so pretty :D

Edited by Tori72

Hm I dont know what to expect. Nigeria is not the problem. they are not that strong. the problem is the argie team itsself. media wrote that yesterday during the training Messi still seemed sad and showed no great willigness or power  I mean Fu@$ Nigeria enabled them to stay in the tournament if they win tuesday but their mood didn t change. what is going on here????

If they don t believe in themselves it s better to fly home. I only can hope they recall some qualities they all have and that Leo gets a brainwash at this point. he tears down the team with his helpless expression.

44 minutes ago, Natty said:

Hm I dont know what to expect. Nigeria is not the problem. they are not that strong. the problem is the argie team itsself. media wrote that yesterday during the training Messi still seemed sad and showed no great willigness or power  I mean Fu@$ Nigeria enabled them to stay in the tournament if they win tuesday but their mood didn t change. what is going on here????

If they don t believe in themselves it s better to fly home. I only can hope they recall some qualities they all have and that Leo gets a brainwash at this point. he tears down the team with his helpless expression.

There are tons of gossip flying around but the official information is that the whole team had a "3 hour meeting" :awesomeface: yesterday, not just the players but the managers as well... Messi, Mascherano and Tapia (the AFA president) were the ones who talked to the rest and apparently discussed the problems and decided to make some changes.

As far as I know, Caballero will be replaced by Armani for the match with Nigeria and Sampaoli stays but he's already fired, no matter what the results are, as soon as the team leaves Russia, his contract will be exterminated and they will probably hire Gallardo as the next coach.

As for Lio, the rumors say he is like that because he has load of personal problems, some crisis with his wife (she did not attend any game so far) and with his finances (Panama Papers scandal).

:shrugs:

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1010612676530196480

I'm having trouble to make it appear here because I am on mobile now :(

Lineker again! :rofl-lol:

His original famous quote was something like. "Football is a simple game. 22 men chase the ball for 90 minutes and at the end Germany always wins" He said this back in 1990 Italy WC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

There are tons of gossip flying around but the official information is that the whole team had a "3 hour meeting" :awesomeface: yesterday, not just the players but the managers as well... Messi, Mascherano and Tapia (the AFA president) were the ones who talked to the rest and apparently discussed the problems and decided to make some changes.

As far as I know, Caballero will be replaced by Armani for the match with Nigeria and Sampaoli stays but he's already fired, no matter what the results are, as soon as the team leaves Russia, his contract will be exterminated and they will probably hire Gallardo as the next coach.

As for Lio, the rumors say he is like that because he has load of personal problems, some crisis with his wife (she did not attend any game so far) and with his finances (Panama Papers scandal).

:shrugs:

Whoa, Leo is having problem with Antonella? That sounds so far fetch to me. Especially since they just have baby boy 😕

Dammit Messi you have to step it up. Also whole Argentina NT need to step up and help him :( 

anyway, Germany yesterday is insane, I almost thought they’ll share fate with Argentina. I couldn’t even bare to watch that free kick, kinda unbelievable at first that Kroos scored during last seconds.

LOL. Having a new baby is a perfect reason to be stressed out with the spouse. Sorry to burst your bubble. ;) Not saying it can’t work out though. I would be surprised if he takes that into the competition. I guess it is more a financial stress. Also having a baby is a good reason to stay at home. So she not attending isn’t saying anything.

I am not following any soccer info in between matches so I can’t say anything. Looking forward to next wednesday when Germany is playing ... who? Looking forward to it thouhg. Middle of the day, kids will be there. It’s gonna be so much fun. (Hopefully afterwards too ;)

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

Whoa, Leo is having problem with Antonella? That sounds so far fetch to me. Especially since they just have baby boy 😕

Dammit Messi you have to step it up. Also whole Argentina NT need to step up and help him :( 

That's the rumor but I don't know what's the base for it... I dont believe it either... Lio really loves that girl, he chose her over hundred of women he could have. It speaks of his humble character, as he decided to marry a woman from his own country, the same town he comes from, the girl he was friends with since they both were children. :wub:

She posted this beautiful message to wish him Happy Birthday. It shuts all the rumors down, I guess...

"Happy Birthday Love. We love you so much!!! Thanks for making me the happiest woman in the world and for the family we formed, who are our biggest TREASURE. I wish you to be HAPPY now and FOREVER, love #familyof5"

Awwwwwww :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

LOL. Having a new baby is a perfect reason to be stressed out with the spouse. Sorry to burst your bubble. ;) Not saying it can’t work out though. I would be surprised if he takes that into the competition. I guess it is more a financial stress. Also having a baby is a good reason to stay at home. So she not attending isn’t saying anything.

Yeah, of course!!! She said so herself that Russia wasnt the best place for her to go with a baby, its a pretty different culture, very risky if she had any problems. What she said is that she was going to go if Argentina secures a place in the round of 16 or quarters but not before.

Although, it is rumored that she will attend the Nigeria match -_-

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh come on!!! Let us have fun for ONE MONTH IN 4 YEARS!! :headbang:

Is that too much to ask for? :unsure:

Gn'R is a dead band and all their news are boring :lol:..... as soon as someone from here attends a show we will be looking forward to their review but so far...... ghost town :ph34r:

The WC in Anything Goes is mostly for men so I think it is fair if we throw a little comment here. 

Please be a cool mama!! :P

I know, that's why I said a bit of off topic is okay. Just don't fill pages with football social media posts etc...I'm just trying to find a balance here, some of you love the footy stuff but just as many come here to read about GNR exclusively and it might be a bit off putting.

As for the AG thread, there is no rule that says women can't post there. I guess you mean that you want to discuss the players more than the actual football? :lol:

Maybe this is something a group PM chat could be used for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Alright we will cut it down, @alfierose. :rolleyes: Even though I think a World Cup could be an exception. Also  we would still happily jump into any GnR related debate if the occasion arises. :lol: But I get it.

Still, we need to vent and/or celebrate our footy team’s work though. I don’t feel comfy in the AG thread, they’re talking serious soccer shit I have no idea about. lol

Edited by Tori72
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Alright we will cut it down, @alfierose. :rolleyes: Even though I think a World Cup could be an exception. Also  we would still happily jump into any GnR related debate if the occasion arises. :lol: But I get it.

Still, we need to vent and/or celebrate our footy team’s work though. I don’t feel comfy in the AG thread, they’re talking serious soccer shit I have no idea about. lol

Thank you Tori, just to be clear I'm not going to dish out warnings for people celebrating their team etc... but I think detailed discussion of players/wives/girlfriends could be taken to PM for anyone not wanting to post in the AG thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

Did something happen? Is this football related?

Reveal hidden contents

:sleeper: Sorry :lol:

Yes, Harry Kane just added a few noughts to his price tag! Cool as a cucumber and only 24 :heart:

——————

Colombia fans singing their anthem was awesome! :headbang:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
Autocorrect >:(
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think detailed discussion of players/wives/girlfriends could be taken to PM for anyone not wanting to post in the AG thread

It was only Lio and it's his birthday, do not protest about that :wub:

We already have lots of PM situations going on so we get lost with what goes where :P