GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

But seriously..... GN'R is booooooooring.... I'm really upset about all this "leaks" stuff..... it's not fun anymore :max:

More than a decade ago, I went nuts getting the first leaks of 'Madagascar', 'The Blues', 'Chinese Democracy', 'Twat', 'Catcher'..... we knew there was CD in the making and the leaks were actually complete songs.

Now we are getting these lame clips of songs recorded on a CELLPHONE :facepalm: from I don't know what after party like 8 years ago :facepalm:

Why are we so mistreated? Why do we let people take advantage of us and mistreat us like this?

All these hoarders must be having a huge laugh at the desperation of fans. Look at D&N section with about 10 threads about "leaks" that are bullshit and probably most of you have not heard because you are not connected to this or that fan.

Only by chance is that I got to hear "The General", but the rest... they can shove them up there butts :max: because I won't be wasting time looking for them, or signing up places or potentially downloading virus just to get a 5 second clip of an alleged GN'R song.

I am mad!

image.gif.1c0c961425b959c8ac826f4aa068b6eb.gif

I am not interested at all in those leaks. It is CD and I don’t like that album. Period. Whoever likes it - fine. I just don’t see the point liking things of a band when only one bandmember was present. It is ridiculous to me.

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i still listen to Guns and Slash every evening when i'm on here. I'm playing a lot of Greta Van Fleet too, i saw them again a few weeks ago (so good) and last week i saw Hollywood Vampires, The Darkness and The Damned.

This Grandma rocks :headbang:

I don’t listen to GnR anymore, really. Since the reunion I did re-listen to most of their songs, on and off. When I haven’t heard their songs for a long while and I hear them again - I am right back to when the songs had the most impact on me. Their energy and musicality, the grittyness, the whole thing is so strong - ugh, they were SO fucking talented. I’m still in awe. Can’t listen to those songs on a regular basis anymore. Same goes for things like from the Beatles or AcDC... Great great bands, great songs but I overplayed them.

Right now I’m listening to a wide variety of music. Rock is only one of them, so all in all I listen to other genres more than rock nowadays. Don’t like too many nowaday’s rockbands either.

So Hollywood Vampires, are they any good? Can Johnny Depp really play well?

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

No.

I don't understand why everyone is going crazy over some supposed CD era leaks when we have Slash back in the band. Who cares about that garbage now.

Yeah right. This!!!

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

GN'R Concert in Jakarta

Just bought it!  

8XmCqv7qHH9obHuMjUEzvfaV3o9cCEQ7OFKP7LJk

I bought the front of the stage ticket so where should I stand?  Which Grandma is the good one?  Slash? Duff? Axl? 

I’m happy for you! I guess any side is great. I was on Duff’s side. ;)

Derailing ahead :headbang:: Today is Germany-South Corea and we need a 2:0 win otherwise it is not certain that Germany will play on. I am so excited/anxcious about that!! lol...

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I’m happy for you! I guess any side is great. I was on Duff’s side. ;)

Derailing ahead :headbang:: Today is Germany-South Corea and we need a 2:0 win otherwise it is not certain that Germany will play on. I am so excited/anxcious about that!! lol...

Thx but People said tht Slash is too focus on His beloved Guitar N'Axl is running a lot N' keep flirting with His beloved Slash sooo Im not sure:unsure:

South cornea (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

I bought the front of the stage ticket so where should I stand?  Which Grandma is the good one?  Slash? Duff? Axl? 

I like the middle the best. You can see the big three up close a lot. Standing at the rail, there's always things you can't see though. For that reason, some people prefer to be a few rows back, so you have a better overview of the whole stage.

18 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Axl does look like a girl, again. But with something giant in his pants. No competition for the Izzyconda, but, yeah :lol: ...

Awwww! :lol::lol: :wub:

OH YES :wub:  it always seem to me that Axl had ver girlish face features. Those cheekbones, nice nose- better than mine ;)

@MillionsOfSpiders Hollywood Vampires were very good, i'll go again next time they come here, Alice Cooper sounds really good still (better than Axl) Joe Perry was amazing!! Johnny Depp is a decent enough player and not a bad singer, he sang Heroes (Bowie) and that was great! I was seated side on but had a good view. Johnny Depp looked normal, nothing like recent pics! He wore a LAMF bandana.

The Damned were fucking amazing!!

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@dgnr are you going for the whole weekend or got a day ticket? 

The whole weekend. I wanted to see Ozzy as well, I would go with some friends to his concert here in Portugal but I thought that, once I would be in Madrid already and had to book flights and hostels, I might see him there. That way I have more time for some sightseeing around Madrid and the difference in the price of one more day was not that big.
I'll have to endure Avenged Sevenfold tomorrow though, but oh well :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, dgnr said:

The whole weekend. I wanted to see Ozzy as well, I would go with some friends to his concert here in Portugal but I thought that, once I would be in Madrid already and had to book flights and hostels, I might see him there. That way I have more time for some sightseeing around Madrid and the difference in the price of one more day was not that big.

I tried with Avenged Sevenfold, but half way through their set I gave up :lol: they’re  just not for me at all. 

Love doing the whole weekend at Download, even when there arent many bands on I like, the atmosphere is so good.

Have an amazing time :hug:.... and don’t go leaning on any of the fences :lol:

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

Aren't you bored? :P

I don't know how it is for the rest of you but I've been listening to GN'R since I was 13 years old and now Im a granny :lol: so..... now Im fed up.

Sometimes I go back to it and listen again.... then I avoid them like the plague.

Recently I purchased the SOYL single but I have heard it like only 6 times so far :shrugs:

I listen to Guns music every day, usually all by myself in the car! I enjoy it every time. It just means so much to me. I hope I can't see myself getting bored with it any time soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, money honey said:

I listen to Guns music every day, usually all by myself in the car! I enjoy it every time. It just means so much to me. I hope I can't see myself getting bored with it any time soon.

me too :wub:

• Like 1

Germany just got sacked out of the Word Championship but I don’t care anymore. :wub:

tumblr_pazm6op7fp1vypjyio1_540.jpg

4 hours ago, dgnr said:

Have lots and lots of fun, dearie, and stay safe :hug:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dgnr said:

I had the greatest of the views last year - I stayed Slash's side but more to the left, almost center. Had an awesome view of both Slash and Axl, they were in front of me almost all the time. I saw Duff a lot too cause he is always wandering to that part of the stage.

Yeah my show in San Antonio I was center left so I got great views of Duff and Axl. Duff moves around a lot true enough...but Slash needs to go more to Duff's side. I hardly saw the guy lol! :lol: 

Enjoy the show! You know you will!  :headbang:

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@MillionsOfSpiders Hollywood Vampires were very good, i'll go again next time they come here, Alice Cooper sounds really good still (better than Axl) Joe Perry was amazing!! Johnny Depp is a decent enough player and not a bad singer, he sang Heroes (Bowie) and that was great! I was seated side on but had a good view. Johnny Depp looked normal, nothing like recent pics! He wore a LAMF bandana.

The Damned were fucking amazing!!

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

Johnny Depp looks like a rock star wannabe poser imo. Also they don't have Matt or Duff anymore so they don't interest me as much. Although they're making an album of original songs so that could be cool.

10 hours ago, money honey said:

10 hours ago, Politania said:

me too :wub:

Let's have a listening party!

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That interview Johnny did with Rolling Stone magazine a few days ago is one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever read. 

Didn’t realise he had such problems with his mum. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/johnny-depp-lawsuit-marriage-w521671

jfc! 

I read it too! Very bizarre

On 27. 6. 2018 at 8:00 AM, SerenityScorp said:

Theory behind: From the stage you can see like three to five rows, rest merge into undefinable mass. There are rich ass posh people who buy the most expensive front row tickets. Superfans. People who went to show to be seen or those who had seen show thousand times, so it`s a hard kind of crowd. When the best catwalk spots are taken by EE, here run their souls kids who had less money, but more enthusiasm. They get the side spots and they groove.

Here it goes: I had two front spot, my first was on Duff`s side. It was beautiful because they went there to have a rest, to have fun outside the limelight of cameras ant they were just all themselves. Fortus is funny guy and mostly stays on his spot when others flee away and he is really interactive if you came to have fun with your beloved band. Duff is also nice and all smiles and Axl is more easy going and he goes for some of most emotional pieces to these parts of stage, I think because the audience is more responding and grateful there. You can see him just enjoying people enjoying the show from there. 

On front spot fronting catwalk you see GNR in their power, it`s a spot where they push more energy, more epic, more limelight (basically camera goes either for Slash or for Axl, so they must behave, like mimicking fans may look weird on big screen). On that spot you get full-blown November rain, which is really beautiful. You probably won`t get the rail spot, but still it`s good.

Slash for me is difficult, because he is very little interactive. 

They are all running around anyway, so you miss a lot of moments because you just have no idea what to watch first. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I read too that Dave Grhol told that Axl thank gift he for Dave borrowed his throne, then Axl gift he a incredible guitar of collection of year 1964 or 1965 ,and now Dave will use this Axl guitar in his next album.