GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Wow. I must have become such a grinch or what but I can't see why you are all losing your minds over this? :lol:

I mean, I do like it!!! It sounds cool, not perfect, I can feel the "oldness" of it, overall it is a great version but Im not moved by it.... :shrugs:

EDIT because I’m blind. :shrugs:

:lol:

EDIT AGAIN because I can as well fill this thing with content. :lol: 

So, I’ve got this Spotify List from AfD Remastered: 

https://open.spotify.com/album/3edmYBHOTxfz8NxJE1QmTP?si=kPkyKDMfTbaI_0oM_ugCcA

Is this the same music that other people went buying for hundreds of dollars? WHY?!

I don’t get it. So in fact the music is free but tattoos that wash off and fake silver rings are worth 999 Dollars? AH - not to forget the wooden box and faut leather! :facepalm:

WHAT am I not getting here? Please explain! :wow:

Edited by Tori72

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Is this the same music that other people went buying for hundreds of dollars? WHY?!

I don’t get it. So in fact the music is free but tattoos that wash off and fake silver rings are worth 999 Dollars? AH - not to forget the wooden box and faut leather! :facepalm:

Yes. That's why I didn't bitch much about this thing, despite the outrageous pricing; people who want just the music and don't care about having it in physical form (vinyl in particular), in 5.1 surround sound etc, or they can't/don't want to buy it for some reason, aren't being deprived of having cheap or free access to it, either legally or illegally. And getting music, even if it isn't new but old known demos released now in great quality, is not a bad thing and it's better than nothing.

What is wrong about it is that they think all people who still want music in physical form are rich and hardcore fans would be willing to pay anything to have the book or some of the memorabilia etc. So if someone wants the vinyl, they can't have it unless they buy the big box. On the other hand it's true that physical album sales have declined a lot in the recent years, and the music industry tries to make money from these expensive box sets which are addressed to a certain "market". Still, for someone who wants the CD's and the book, the super deluxe, although also overpriced, is relatively accessible.

Personally I still like having music in physical form and I'm not into i-tunes and all that, but I also don't see CDs as something much different from digital, especially now with the lossless formats; and I can always download an album with its artwork and burn it on CD. Only vinyl is worth it for me. But in this case, I have the original album on vinyl and I don't care about the remaster or having the demos on vinyl as well (the 7''s are cool though), so I don't mind much. From all the other stuff in the box sets, the only thing I would care about was the book, but it looks underwhelming, so...

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

All my GN'R music that is physical I have it on CD. Then I have all of it again in digital form to play in ny iPod.

I havent played GN'R CD's in more than a decade. I have not even opened those CD's.. they are all stored in a box... I have the feeling that when I open them, they will just disintegrate in my hands, like dust :lol:

So I guess I will play this new stuff in Spotify first and then maybe I get it via iTunes.

Later in time I might get the physical format.

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

EDIT because I’m blind. :shrugs:

:lol:

EDIT AGAIN because I can as well fill this thing with content. :lol: 

So, I’ve got this Spotify List from AfD Remastered: 

https://open.spotify.com/album/3edmYBHOTxfz8NxJE1QmTP?si=kPkyKDMfTbaI_0oM_ugCcA

Don't know about others, I can tell you my perspective. When AFD first came out I was a penniless kid. I got a copied cassette from my friend and that was the only way I could get the music. Now that I'm older and have more money, when the band issues *anything* I'll consider buying it. Buying something that comes from from the band, no matter how small, gives me a feeling of being connected to the band and of following the band, albeit in a tenuous way. I realise that I'm the fool in this transaction :rolleyes: but I'm OK with that as I love the band so much.

Of course I would much rather give them my money for new music than anything else. But I'll settle for what they're giving now.

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

It is not 1992 anymore and I wonder how much Axl lives in the past? Those quotes show a very human and nice and also vulnerable side to Axl I think.

I guess that's more of a personal guilt knowing that he was not cool back then.... (Nirvana were not either).... We all kinda feel that way when we realize we have done something bad to someone and problems never got fixed at the moment.

I wonder if he feels bad for not being able to fix it with Kurt...... I know I would... and it is a lesson in life, some shit is not worth because you never know when the other person will leave this earth. I'm glad he fixed it with Slash and Duff but there are many others he still got a feud going on...

28 minutes ago, money honey said:

Don't know about others, I can tell you my perspective. When AFD first came out I was a penniless kid. I got a copied cassette from my friend and that was the only way I could get the music. Now that I'm older and have more money, when the band issues *anything* I'll consider buying it. Buying something that comes from from the band, no matter how small, gives me a feeling of being connected to the band and of following the band, albeit in a tenuous way. I realise that I'm the fool in this transaction :rolleyes: but I'm OK with that as I love the band so much.

Of course I would much rather give them my money for new music than anything else. But I'll settle for what they're giving now.

LOL! Well, you’re called Money Honey for a reason, aren’t ya! I’m only Tori, old, penniless and with kids. (Only joking. Don’t worry ;)). I’d never dream of buying anything like that and even if I had the money I wouldn’t. I love being able to listen to the 86 demos on Spotify. More than enough for me. I don’t even have a cd or vinyl player anymore...

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I guess that's more of a personal guilt knowing that he was not cool back then.... (Nirvana were not either).... We all kinda feel that way when we realize we have done something bad to someone and problems never got fixed at the moment.

I wonder if he feels bad for not being able to fix it with Kurt...... I know I would... and it is a lesson in life, some shit is not worth because you never know when the other person will leave this earth. I'm glad he fixed it with Slash and Duff but there are many others he still got a feud going on...

Ah, we cannot say if it is a feeling of personal guilt or a mix of both or whatever. Don’t know about his feelings towards Kurt. In my mind Axl felt so misunderstood by Kurt, because he thought they had so much in common. But they didn’t. Kurt understood a few things more about rock n roll business, the role of men and women there and also some basic feminism. So did and does Courtney. So I think when he talked to Kurt and Courtney the way he did, offending her in a very misogynist way, I’m sure that’s what pissed of Kurt big time and Axl will never get it. Not even today. That’s what I think at least.

Edited by Tori72

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

Ok!

Don't worry, they will not sold out! :lol:

I got one. I can’t see where the personal Axl pictures are at all. 

Most of the pictures are what we have all seen many times and the more rare ones, like the band photos where Axl wears the white cowboy hat, they are from Trocolli. 

There may be two pictures I hadn’t seen. 

The rest is just memorabilia, like old flyers and old album covers, AfD cross in different colours, band logos etc.... it’s all done in nice quality.... but honestly, I don’t think Axl or the band members helped with it. At least it doesn’t seem so. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Most of the pictures are what we have all seen many times and the more rare ones, like the band photos where Axl wears the white cowboy hat, they are from Trocolli. 

The rest is just memorabilia, like old flyers and old album covers, AfD cross in different colours, band logos etc.... it’s all done in nice quality.... but honestly, I don’t think Axl or the band members helped with it. At least it doesn’t seem so. 

Have you found the spelling mistake yet? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Ah, we cannot say if it is a feeling of personal guilt or a mix of both or whatever. Don’t know about his feelings towards Kurt. In my mind Axl felt so misunderstood by Kurt, because he thought they had so much in common. But they didn’t. Kurt understood a few things more about rock n roll business, the role of men and women there and also some basic feminism. So did and does Courtney. So I think when he talked to Kurt and Courtney the way he did, offending her in a very misogynist way, I’m sure that’s what pissed of Kurt big time and Axl will never get it. Not even today. That’s what I think at least.

Hmmm..... while it is possible that Axl is still far removed from planet Earth, no one can completely play fool and do not understand what is going on, if they are still alive.

He might be resisting the new order (his t-shirts and AFD box are revealing) but there's a reason why he feared the FF fans...... although, he could fear them just because of "music" difference and not much to do with what Nirvana stood for. I don't know... maybe Im just tripping :shrugs:

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What? How you got one?? :wow:

Are you actually checking the book?? How come most of it is just memorabilia??

WTF................ :bitchfight:

Just now, Lio said:

Have you found the spelling mistake yet? :ph34r:

No, where’s that? :lol:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What? How you got one?? :wow:

Are you actually checking the book?? How come most of it is just memorabilia??

WTF................ :bitchfight:

I got it from HMV today - yes, I’ve had a look through it. 

It is unfortunately as we suspected...underwhelming. 

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I got it from HMV today - yes, I’ve had a look through it. 

It is unfortunately as we suspected...underwhelming. 

:unsure: how come?

And so there are lots of flyers?? How do they have so many flyers?? Is it really 96 pages?

Whose pics are there? Is it similar to Robert John's book?