GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

Grandpa socks, grandpa shoes. I'm afarid he looks like a grandpa to beging with. So it fits. The only thing missing is the cane he carried with him a couple of years ago

And a matching shirt... 

image 0

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 4

On 8. 11. 2018 at 7:51 PM, SerenityScorp said:

Soooo here's the boring review from Me since Im not a good story teller

Setlist: Nothing special. same like before. But seriously I freakin love that cover,  Wichita Lineman

Axl's voice: Better than I thought.Even though theres some Mickey and His normal voice in couple of songs because out of breath N maybe He cannot reach some notes. Btw,  He should practice bit more before He sings Slither:facepalm:

The Big 3: 

Axl, He always using tshirt only in the end, He use jacket. Btw now I know why You Girls said He should get a rid of that jewrlry, boots n hats,  What I hate from Acl fashion is too much jewelry, boots(How in the hell He can running with that?????),  American jacket (Im not sure cause what I saw is white, blue with stars), anddddd THAT UGLY RED ROBE!!!!!:vomit: :thumbsdown:

Wichita Lineman is of the three most important songs for Axl during current tour for me, where the biggest pieces of his heart is. Other two are, despite struggles This I Love and November Rain. But Wichita Lineman has certain something, maybe some far memory of his; strange song, his version, like when he sung It's All Right during UYI, Wichita having some similar quality, but being mature man's song. Axl's basic singing voice is soothing.

If you start to think about what Axl wears onstage as a kind of armor, it starts to make sense. Basically, Axl performs skinless, heart on his sleeve, and therefore very vulnerable. You can exactly see how he feels about performance by how much he gets rid of certain parts of garderóbe, namely I swear on shades and tablecloth. The more happy and assured Axl is, the less trinkets. He is known to be sensitive on his ankles, I guess he has some massive socks stuck in that cowboy boots, and straps around ankles work the same. As far as I've seen concerts, he starts with bare head and fluffy hair, then he moves to scarf and he ends up in hat because sweat pours down him and he's aware that it doesn't look as hot as in Marquee '88. I think for him each and every piece he wears makes sense and is important. It's performance, he can wear normal shoes outside. Now when I have cold ankles because I put on improper socks, I think of Axl. There is definitely something on warm ankles.

Slash: This is My first time I saw Him but I dont know why I dont have any excitement like some Fans tht saw Him 4 the first time,  N' He really cant be bothered lol,  He focus too much. Also He have funny tshirt tht I like N' I dont see any drool :rofl-lol:

Slaxl: IS SLAXL JUST MY IMAGINATION?????  :scared: I only find 2 Slaxl moments N'Those were only Axl pat/touch on Slash's back :fuckyou: Like I said before it was like Slash had invisible barrier tht surrounds Him,  Even thought Axl run alot, Mostly He was running,  pass through Slash. Occasionally standing near Slash but the vibe is different than how Axl treat Duff N'other Members.  N'there is a time when Axl walking near N'in front of Slash,  Slash instinctively back away. 

Someone tell Me if is it just Me or some of You feel the same???

4tus: He is wild on the stage lol

I think one problem with Slaxl is Slash being high on guitar during performance. Slash can be called back to Earth for a while with flying bras (he discussed one during the show with Duff, both guys intensely hand-gesturing) or some rail boobs that would eventually deserve extra standing ticket (I saw him boob-struck which is again a kind of sub-cortical primal state, not conscious). He can register Axl walking backwards and step away in last moment. Maybe Slash has some auto-pilot or very hard-working guardian angel. Axl knows Slash is high on guitar and he disturbs him accordingly to his ability to interact. Yes, I cannot channel Slash, too. But I must have had seen the show to tell you. Axl sometimes does little jokes and this no-touch kind of bonding. Or lovely moments when Slash is wildly soloing and Axl calls all the other members and he's like look at that guy, he is f*ckin' awsome!. Or Axl shimming on Slash's melodies in stage "hideouts" like no one is watching (his ass).

Richard is lovable shy guy. It was great when I was front right and he stayed with us and was having fun and interacting and really appreciating that we love him - as soon as he got that it's him who we cheer. In Berlin he really tried hard to uplift the show and he was so cute. Other thing is that when Axl is around, Richard goes shit-scared and petrified. But he was awesome when the show was going sour and tried to make the show working and played his soul off. When the show was going smooth, he held backwards. As much as Ronnie Wood-ish he is, I wish he was as self-assured as Ronnie (of The Stones) is. He doesn't deserve the usual neglect!

Duff: MAN!  HE'S HOT! even in just simple Sleeveless tshirt and jeans, HE'S HOT!  With that tall, build body and short blonde hair, :drool::drool::drool: N'that Sleeveless tshirt really makes Him hot

From the Big 3, I think the one cool one is Duff,  even thought I like Axl (Sorry Axl! :smiley-confused2:)

First time seeing Duff, I was right opposite his spot on rail, It's so Easy I almost pissed my panties a lil' when they hit the stage. This guy is not normally hot, he is essence of hot, he is epic, he is comely... having read what that man came through made him even more epic in my eyes it was like my book hero standing there alive, vivid and palpable, tall, and noble, and grounded, on his long legs and yes, that guy is cool, groovy base player cool with totally charming smile and truly interactive with fans! I think being cool is in base player's specialty narrative.

Axl ain't cool, Axl is on fire!

N Axl voice is great!  NITL Shows is better when You watch it live cause Axl sounds different when You hear it on Youtube. Also I think because thus is My second time/I dont have any starstruck/naive like when I was before/I got spot that bit far from Them,  I dont have any excitement like 2012 show. 

Nnnn' Who is that bodyguard with big body, bald head N' beard????  He is so scary! He is on left side in front of  Me,  I dont know what happened but He climb the barrier N'walking pass Me to the audience on bit far in the back

Theres some People who fainted before n during the concert

I love live sound, there are some extra sound layers you just can't hear anywhere else (mainly Melissa's job) like sub-bass and other thickening layers and overall, the sound is much fuller and juicier and more exciting and omnipresent...

Gio, head of the security, sweetheart and fluffiest teddy bear if you behave, but never ever mess up with Gio. Nor disturb behaving fans - or he will pull you from crowd by neck. He's the hand to Axl's eyes.

People do faint during the concert, depends mainly on weather and promoters, if they hire good healthcare, otherwise people go dehydrated, exhausted and they faint. Sometimes it's collapse from excitement. Berlin disappointed me, I thought I'm in developed Western Europe, but I haven't seen single medic there. Security guys helped us with their water, you know, once stuck in the front... In Poland, many people suffered from heat and lack of promoter care.

All the concert memories! Hope you had awesome time and don't mind turn-offs. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

And a matching shirt... 

image 0

No, Axl would have to have Charlie Watt's concert expression to wear this shirt. Axl doesn't match now. Rather some thick socks, and pack of dogs and cats, maybe some kids around... 

I think he has people to care about his little zoo, not just cats. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

More vids and pics from Malibu. So very scary and heartbreaking!

Wow. It looks terrifying. Also beautiful, in a scary, mighty way. Hope you get what I mean. It looks like once that fire is close NOTHING can be done to protect your property. :( 

Holy shit :wow: and where the fuck is Trump? Is he doing anything?

So much money wasted in fucking wars to destroy other countries but they cannot do anything about the destruction of their own country? :rolleyes:

That first video reminded me of Terminator 2, when L.A. suddenly is devastated by fire. And those people going in a tunnel to make a video, sooo dangerous! Are they crazy? :facepalm:

40 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I wonder if Axl still be able to focus with the concert/tour after hear the news

Just watch Bohemian,  All I can say is

Brian May really looks like Brian May:suspicious:

You would want to jump on a plane and go back but then if your place is burnt down , theres nothing you can do. I dont imagine hecwould be in a hurry to fly back to LA. Except he may be now homeless.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Brian May really looks like Brian May:suspicious:

I know right. He even speaks like Brian May. I watched the interview, Gwilym Lee really speaks like Brian May in real life. :wow: feels like they went on time machine and kidnapped younger Brian May to act in the movie

24 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I know right. He even speaks like Brian May. I watched the interview, Gwilym Lee really speaks like Brian May in real life. :wow: feels like they went on time machine and kidnapped younger Brian May to act in the movie

Lol! 

N'when there's a scene in the making of I Want to Break Free,  I thought "WTF THEYRE LOOK ALIKE! "

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Holy shit :wow: and where the fuck is Trump? Is he doing anything?

So much money wasted in fucking wars to destroy other countries but they cannot do anything about the destruction of their own country? :rolleyes:

That first video reminded me of Terminator 2, when L.A. suddenly is devastated by fire. And those people going in a tunnel to make a video, sooo dangerous! Are they crazy? :facepalm:

Trump blamed the California government. He accused California of total lack of proper management. And he is in Paris because of a ceremony conmemorating the 100 years anniversary of the end of WWI. A lot of world leaders are in Paris for this event

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

It's real, from the Lafayette, Indiana newspaper, 1974.  GnRCcntral 'found' it on the thread below.  I forgot about those other websites trawling here.  :facepalm:

Edited by triad

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Trump blamed the California government. He accused California of total lack of proper management. And he is in Paris because of a ceremony conmemorating the 100 years anniversary of the end of WWI. A lot of world leaders are in Paris for this event

Axl must be furious :ph34r: