GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Haha, yes, I know what you mean :lol:

I wasn't fully grown up in those years so I might identify with other type of clothes from the 90s, but I do remember the boys and girls who were old enough to start going out to the dance clubs, wearing those shoulder padded blazers and long jackets.

I swear I never did that!!! lol :lol: Also I never went into those elegant dance clubs where blazers would have been an option. So no shoulder pads in my peer surroundings when I was in my later teens.

Elegant fashion and things trendy my mom and auntie would wear still had shoulder pads well up to the early 90s... :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I swear I never did that!!! lol :lol: Also I never went into those elegant dance clubs where blazers would have been an option. So no shoulder pads in my peer surroundings when I was in my later teens.

Elegant fashion and things trendy my mom and auntie would wear still had shoulder pads well up to the early 90s... :shrugs:

Yeah, my mom's dresses and blazers had the shoulder pads too and I recall tv shows like Beverly Hills 90210 or Friends where the boys and girls wore that kind of clothes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Here is an article about Axl and his recent political tweets. In my opinion is well balanced and try to explain that his envolvement is more than anything emotional....is interesting in my opinion

https://theoutline.com/post/6581/axl-rose-chinese-democracy-essay-trump-china?zd=1&zi=czgumre7

I've just finished reading the article....... I agree it does its job in balancing things out and does not exaggerate Axl's so-called awakening.

Axl's opinions on Trump and China are a different topic of discussion, I think.

10 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes, he is a bundle of contradictions, and for that reason he is fascinating...and human...Thanks for sharing

I dont find anything fascinating in people with so many "holes"..... but that's personal I guess..... Axl himself was fascinated with Charlie Manson, so everything's possible :lol:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I swear this ain't me who wrote this article but it sounds a lot like my reasonings :smiley-confused2:

Woke Axl Rose is winning Twitter right now

:ph34r:

:rofl-lol: this article is too good to be true! It’s right with everything it says. I still think a man with dv history can go out and criticize trump on his politics. Even though they share similar misogynistic values...

On the other hand, Axl Rose isn’t exactly the average Joe with a dv history but a public figure. So yeah, I do think it is right and fair pointing  those things out. 

Who is the author? 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

:rofl-lol: this article is too good to be true! It’s right with everything it says. I still think a man with dv history can go out and criticize trump on his politics. Even though they share similar misogynistic values...

On the other hand, Axl Rose isn’t exactly the average Joe with a dv history but a public figure. So yeah, I do think it is right and fair pointing  those things out. 

Who is the author? 

Author is Annaliese Griffin... I just checked her profile and it says "Annaliese covers food for Quartzy. She has worked as editor-in-chief and co-founder at Brooklyn Based and a professor of blogging at the CUNY Graduation School of Journalism. She wrote a senior thesis about Oprah at Reed College."

Basically, a professional journalist with a College degree and it shows! :headbang:

I must say I'm not sure where this idea of 'Axl cant be told to not criticize Trump because he is just as bad' comes from.... 

In my opinion, the remark is not about what Axl can or cannot say about Trump, because he says it regardless, but with the tone Axl uses when he criticizes Trumps politics.

While he might be right in the content of his criticism, the forms are what other people perceive as hypocritical.

From using foul language and male chauvinist expressions to taking the moral highway when tweeting about "former alleged hooker" or especifically referring to Trump as someone who lacks "morals, ethics and empathy", his message comes across as preachy and lacking of self-criticism, as when Pastors (or priests) preach from their pedestal and later you find out they are child molesters.

Like the article says, this Twitter battle of two men (however unilateral) with a publicly problematic masculinity is ironic "as the two share a reactionary, easily riled quality."

Edited by killuridols
  • GNFNR 1

What’s missing from the piece is that one of these men is the President of the United States, and the other is a rock star. One ran for and was elected to a job in which he would represent 300 million people, and the other is a rock star representing himself. It’s not unreasonable to expect your president to have a better moral and ethical compass than a rock star. I think Axl is aware of that. He’s not saying he’s not problematic, he’s saying the President is supposed to be better, I think.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaperDoll said:

What’s missing from the piece is that one of these men is the President of the United States, and the other is a rock star. One ran for and was elected to a job in which he would represent 300 million people, and the other is a rock star representing himself. It’s not unreasonable to expect your president to have a better moral and ethical compass than a rock star. I think Axl is aware of that. He’s not saying he’s not problematic, he’s saying the President is supposed to be better, I think.

Yeah, that’s about what I mean when I say that I wouldn’t have high expectations on a rockstar talking politics. I do appreciate him telling his followers to go vote „blue“ and speaking his opinion about trump. The tweet about Melania etc. is typical Axl sexist dipshit. :shrugs: So no, I’d never call him woke in earnest with all the sexist cusswords, tshirts and lame reasoning he uses. I wonder who does.

1 hour ago, PaperDoll said:

If the President is supposed to be better, then why was he elected for starters?

Assuming that he was democratically elected, it is also fair to assume that a big portion of the U.S. society seem to have either approved Trump's morals and ethics or have lowered the bar on morals and ethics when it comes to voting a President.

All of which would make even possible for Axl himself to run for President, if he ever decided to go on the political path, wouldn't it?

Personally, I make no difference when it comes to abusive men, because that would imply overlooking dangerous behaviors in others, the vast majority of regular citizens who are not Presidents.

As it is also highly dangerous to keep normalizing that a rock star is entitled to be violent and abusive just because it is considered the folklore of the genre.

Enough with letting 'rock stars' and other mysoginists get away with their crimes just because they are 'cool' or music icons or whatever privilege they think they have.

Blind support of dinosaurs has gone out of style in 2018.

Yay, rabid DV bad bad Axl discussion again!

Axl has no record of any violence in years, so what's the point? 

He did some hard work on himself to not to be threat to people and things around (and himself, he suffered alike). He is not an average person, he is contradictory and it's his nature and personal magic/charisma to be so. He was born with it anyway, it's no way to get it or get rid of it through your life. It is in his androgynousness, he rocks some finest feminine  traits and it's far more difficult to man to get away with that than when a woman posses typically masculine traits. 

He grew up in environment where being berserk aggressive was a way to cope with much bigger people threatening him. It's also partially because in men are not accepted traits like vulnerability, or overall being emotional, only accepted are joy and aggression. So any negative emotions fear, insecurity, vulnerability, sadness, anything an emotional boy learns to turn into aggression. He moved to an environment where aggression and unpredictability was the thing, nice boys don't play rock'n'roll; long story short, he was lucky to have his intelligence and will to figure things out and make them work, even when it lasted decades.  That is what differs him from average guy who repeats behavior he learned at home forever. 

I know way too many misogynist bollocks to consider Axl misogynist. 

I don't say it's okay to be aggressive, but actions against it should be in extent that person should not be subsequent threat, yet not unnecessarily harmful, even to culprit. It's complex problem to establish any kind of universal solution for aggressive behavior or any complex problem. 

When you are intelligent, you just need some thoughts food. Weird and contradictory is the tastiest one. Being fascinated by historic characters I consider as normal. They are just interesting, not average, straightforward people, that's it. What's weird on trying to figure out some twisted mind?

I know, I know, many people love it, they love to judge and ostracize, once you make something and you are called for it forever. Is that really how it should work? Who of you did perfect all your life? You judge young years of some guy and compare it with current actions of a late middle-aged man, who is supposed to be more mature, if anything.

Also, Axl moves between rich and famous for decades, groupies, hookers, golddiggers of all kinds, I am sure he can spot hooker (like... (recovery) junkie can spot other junkie far better than an inexperienced person, too, if anything). 

Basically, if he even wanted to do anything, to show compassion or whatever, he would be despised by some people because of some lyrics from '88. Seriously, it's 2018, calm your tits. 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alja said:

Yay, rabid DV bad bad Axl discussion again!

Axl has no record of any violence in years, so what's the point? 

He did some hard work on himself to not to be threat to people and things around (and himself, he suffered alike). He is not an average person, he is contradictory and it's his nature and personal magic/charisma to be so. He was born with it anyway, it's no way to get it or get rid of it through your life. It is in his androgynousness, he rocks some finest feminine  traits and it's far more difficult to man to get away with that than when a woman posses typically masculine traits. 

He grew up in environment where being berserk aggressive was  a way to cope with much bigger people threatening him. It's also partially because in men are not accepted traits like vulnerability or overall being emotional, only accepted are joy and aggression. So any negative emotions fear, insecurity, vulnerability, sadness, anything an emotional boy learns to turn into aggression. He moved to an environment where aggression and unpredictability was the thing, nice boys don't play rock'n'roll; long story short, he was lucky to have his intelligence and will to figure things out and make them work, even it decades.  That is what differs him from average guy who repeats behavior he was learned home forever. 

I know way too many misogynist bollocks to consider Axl misogynist. 

I don't say it's okay to be aggressive, but actions against it should be in extent that person should not be subsequent threat, yet not unnecessarily harmful, even to culprit. It's complex problem to establish any kind of universal solution for aggressive behavior or any complex problem. 

When you are intelligent, you just need some thoughts food. Weird and contradictory is the tastiest one. Being fascinated by historic characters I consider as normal. They are just interesting, not average, straightforward people, that's it. What's weird on trying to figure out some twisted mind?

I know, I know, many people love it, they love to judge and ostracize, once you make something and you are called for it forever. Is that really how it should work? Who of you did perfect all your life? You judge young years of some guy and compare it with current actions of a late middle-aged man, who is supposed to be more mature, if anything.

Also, Axl moves between rich and famous for decades, groupies, hookers, golddiggers of all kinds, I am sure he can spot hooker ((recovery) junkie can spot other junkie far better than an inexperienced person, too, if anything). 

Basically, if he even wanted to do anything, to show compassion or whatever, he would be despised by some people because of some lyrics from '88. Seriously, it's 2018, calm your tits. 

Amen to that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good article too. Well written and it follows the logic that some people in this forum cannot begin to understand....

I'm glad to know that among all the other stupid articles claiming woke Axl, these ones written by smart women in media stand out for their coherence.