GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

You can also use khol pencil between upper lashes as an invincible enhancer or something on upper lid but nothing below. But the bottom line only is weird to me :shrugs:

I think this is because as a man, it would be weird for him to do the upper lid.... it'd look too feminine.

Personally, I dont like Axl wearing make up.... especially the eyeliner thing looks terrible on him :mellow:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I think this is because as a man, it would be weird for him to do the upper lid.... it'd look too feminine.

Personally, I dont like Axl wearing make up.... especially the eyeliner thing looks terrible on him :mellow:

Ah true, that would be too feminine. But why use such a dark eyeliner for someone as light skinned as he is?  I’m sure Lisa Eldridge would advice Axl to use some light brown. Lol. And also use it between the upper lashes as an invisible line but giving definition to his eyes. I do that most of the times. It doesn’t look like you got this thick line on your eyes and your eyes look better. ;) 

Edited by Tori72

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Ah true, that would be too feminine. But why use such a dark eyeliner for someone as light skinned as he is?  I’m sure Lisa Eldridge would advice Axl to use some light brown. Lol. And also use it between the upper lashes as an invisible line but giving definition to his eyes. I do that most of the times. It doesn’t look like you got this thick line on your eyes and your eyes look better. ;) 

I guess it's because his skin is so light along with his eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows that probably the lights of the stage would transform his face into a big white stuff, especially for the pictures.

I've heard some female artists say they put loads of make-up when they go onstage because the big lights outdraw their facial features.... maybe this applies to Axl as well :shrugs:

It looks to me that he does this eyeline stuff himself, or maybe Vanessa does it, because it's not the work of a professional makeup artist.

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I’m sure Lisa Eldridge would advice Axl to use some light brown. ;) 

so true. She's got very light hand to makeup,. if u know what I mean. ;) and Yes, she often says that stage lights makes ur face blurry, too white, that's why most of artists use very heavy makeup :)

Not for all shows that happens, but the eyeliner works for cameras and photos, just the balance must be set delicately, on one show I've been to it was really good and other he had quiet light lines, so with that pale skin, bright lights, ginger lashes and light colored eyes without remarkable darker circle around iris it asks for a bit post-production to get nice results. But thin brown line looks okay (he used brown one for the recent tour). Axl has hooded eyes, now even more, in this situation any thicker line just blurs all over your eyelids when you wink and you end up like a panda. They wear lots of powder because they sweat like horses, then it goes down them the like a pancake dough :rofl-lol: Mascara is a solution if you are a lady ;) 

Stage lights are more often than not extremely strong daylight white ones, it makes face flat, mainly if they are directed horizontally. 

Edited by Alja

On 3/12/2019 at 11:50 PM, Fourteenbeers said:

Axl Rose wallpaper called Axl Rose

Why would this need makeup? 

One peculiar comparison I found (IDK if this has been posted here before). IMO Axl is prettier :P

gybzru26vpd11.png

More pictures where Axl looks like a chick 

This is really weird:

Axl Rose Young

I could have lived my whole life without that last image in my head. Oh well. He never really had a very lush set of hair and I was always wondering would he cut it off when the age for it comes. Somehow the short hairdo just doesn't look well on him. Though, neither does the current one, either. Sad 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vikute91 said:

I could have lived my whole life without that last image in my head. Oh well. He never really had a very lush set of hair and I was always wondering would he cut it off when the age for it comes. Somehow the short hairdo just doesn't look well on him. Though, neither does the current one, either. Sad 

I be sure the last image is a photoshop, never see Axl  in this hairstyle.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I be sure the last image is a photoshop, never see Axl  in this hairstyle.

Don't worry I do realize it's fake :lol:. It's just...his hair is already the worst from the whole band. Yet even shorter hair is not a good option for him either, now I see 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vikute91 said:

Don't worry I do realize it's fake :lol:. It's just...his hair is already the worst from the whole band. Yet even shorter hair is not a good option for him either, now I see 

These hairstyle look's like bird nest :D

So this has been brought to my attention lately.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/welcome-to-the-jungle-danja-teases-new-britney-music/

It's not that I'm opposed to GNR music being sampled by pop musicians, maybe it would even broaden their younger audiences, but... Britney? Really? Who still listens to her?

I hope it's just a coincidence and doesn't mean much, but what would you think? 

Anyway, has anyone ever sampled them though? I couldn't recall anything.

10 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

So this has been brought to my attention lately.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/welcome-to-the-jungle-danja-teases-new-britney-music/

It's not that I'm opposed to GNR music being sampled by pop musicians, maybe it would even broaden their younger audiences, but... Britney? Really? Who still listens to her?

I hope it's just a coincidence and doesn't mean much, but what would you think? 

Anyway, has anyone ever sampled them though? I couldn't recall anything.

I once heard this at a rave years ago

Shite! :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

IMO it's not horrible, but it doesn't really add anything new/different to the song either. I'd rather listen to Izzy & Axl. 

I think it’s crap but it has better drums and production than the original, everything else sucks. I couldn’t think of any other covers though. 

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think it’s crap but it has better drums and production than the original, everything else sucks. I couldn’t think of any other covers though. 

For me it's just generic and forgettable. 

and here's another one:

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Did any of you watch The Dirt? I haven't seen it yet but I like the new songs that they recorded for it.

I did! Great entertaining film....have always liked the Crue. Do wish it were longer and more of a miniseries though. And I like the single "The Dirt" but not "Like a Virgin" lol. :lol: