GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Have any of you gotten Susan's new book yet? I'm interested in reading it but I'll wait until it's at a library somewhere.

Maybe I'm just judging a book by its cover :awesomeface: but the title and the cover tells me this book is a major crap :smiley-confused2:

So unless they hand it to me for free, I won't be reading it.
Is this the kind of book that you find in libraries, though? :question:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Maybe I'm just judging a book by its cover :awesomeface: but the title and the cover tells me this book is a major crap :smiley-confused2:

So unless they hand it to me for free, I won't be reading it.
Is this the kind of book that you find in libraries, though? :question:

Yeah probably.

You can find all kinds of books in libraries now.

21 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Have any of you gotten Susan's new book yet? I'm interested in reading it but I'll wait until it's at a library somewhere.

No interest in reading it. I was more interested when I thought it would be an autobiography. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I mostly rant about things in Anything Goes these days and assume very little is going on in the main section. Funnily enough whenever things do happen I'm always the last to find out! :lol:

Oh I've never been to Anything Goes. I mostly stay in D&N and pop by here every so often.

Also haven't seen @killuridolsaround lately...

12 hours ago, Tori72 said:

The WT sadly is not what it was.  Most of the great posters who made it what it was are gone - so there’s no history repeating . Also I’m not getting hyped up by Slash going to Axl’s house...

Yeah like Andy and her memes...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 26/4/2019 at 3:24 AM, Tori72 said:

The WT sadly is not what it was.  Most of the great posters who made it what it was are gone - so there’s no history repeating . Also I’m not getting hyped up by Slash going to Axl’s house...

I'm not getting any hype either. Although it could be the light at the end of the tunnel. Slash has said in interviews that nothing has been about a new album. And he will be on tour with Conspirators. Also Slash is going to Axl's house. But what about the rest of the band? Not even Duff will be there? 

• Like 1

Has any of you ever seen that late 90s musical that was supposedly inspired by Axl, White Trash Wins Lotto? Never even heard of such thing prior to the episode on GnR Central yesterday, but I got an impression it was quite big at the time. 

29 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

Has any of you ever seen that late 90s musical that was supposedly inspired by Axl, White Trash Wins Lotto? Never even heard of such thing prior to the episode on GnR Central yesterday, but I got an impression it was quite big at the time. 

Not sure if this was in the GNR Central episode, but this is all Ive seen from it online, an appearance on a late night show.

48 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

I haven't seen it (apart from the video @soon posted) but here is an article:

http://web.archive.org/web/20190427160054/https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1998-aug-08-ca-11079-story.html

• Like 1