GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, ACDC8 said:

Just my impression or Frank was laughing?

Not fun... I thought I could laugh, but geez, that felt painful (and more painful to watch as anyone seemed to care, and I can only excuse Slash as he really  goes into another dimension when he is playing). Axl had to grab a towel and do the service himself... like, really?!?

Btw, that scene made me feel sad for him, I don't know why (well, actually I know, but don't want to start with the whole talk again, but I still believe that doesn't matter how many Lebeis ppl he has beside him, he is still a loner - he sees them as family, but have my doubts that they would be at his side if any paycheck would be involved). 

Hope he is well (he tweeted about it today, and apparently he knows that those who care would blame those boots :shock:).

I thought it looked like frank having a chuckle as well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

I never pay attention to Frank. I just pretend he is not there #Notmydrummer. BUT I looked at Slash. He was just standing there. He just kept playing. He was like "nothing to see here, move along" He couldn't be arse :lol:

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Axl loves to fall, from falling in love wifh Slash, Falling from the stardom, Falling off the stage, falling on the stage......

I don't think he liked it too much when he fell in the first show at the Troubadour. He ended up with a broken foot :unsure:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Not fun... I thought I could laugh, but geez, that felt painful (and more painful to watch as anyone seemed to care, and I can only excuse Slash as he really  goes into another dimension when he is playing). Axl had to grab a towel and do the service himself... like, really?!?

I think that its general kinda 'stage craft' to never distract the audience or take the audience out of the moment. In such a big show only a smaller percentage would even notice the fall, so theres no reason to react unless someone really needs your help. And a chuckle can lighten the mood sometimes. :shrugs: A Thunderchuckle in this case :lol:

I think Mayhue would have been out faster if Axl hadnt been hamming it up on the floor and cracking jokes. Sometimes people are more embarrassed by people rushing to help them up then they are by the fall its self.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soon said:

I think that its general kinda 'stage craft' to never distract the audience or take the audience out of the moment. In such a big show only a smaller percentage would even notice the fall, so theres no reason to react unless someone really needs your help. And a chuckle can lighten the mood sometimes. :shrugs: A Thunderchuckle in this case :lol:

I think Mayhue would have been out faster if Axl hadnt been hamming it up on the floor and cracking jokes. Sometimes people are more embarrassed by people rushing to help them up then they are by the fall its self.

Just what I wanted to say. It’s more embarassing to get help than get up by yourself.

Also, it’s a tradtion on the WT: Why oh why is he wearing those slippery ugly boots anyway? He’s had problems with his ankles since 1986 or so. Biker boots give your ankles good support and they have a great grip with their soles... Or sneakers, or .... Timberlands .. or .. Birkenstock. Haha

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Also, I need to add. I just saw Jason Momoa’s Instagram Stories today. He was at the GnR show and was so freaking out and happy it was rather heartwarming. He ended up at the side of his stage together with his two kids and was LIVING it. He later met Duff and Slash and gifted them two very fine skull rings made of something that I didn’t know and can’t remember. Looks like bone. So yeah, go check out his stories. Susan was there, too, sweet as always.

I wonder if they have met before, their encounters looked so easy and laid back even though Jason was hyped up lke a teenager. (I think this is his default mode though) Anyway, I was thinking that it must be different to be a famous person / artist yourself and meeting them than being a casual fan from off the streets. It’s more eye to eye. Unfair! lol Also we street level fans don’t have cool bone rings to grace to Duff and Slash.

Am I a tad jelous of Jason? :P Yeah, I am. I’m just glad he was freaked out by the whole thing as he should have been. So it happend to the right one. 

I’m rambling, sorry. But it was rather heartwarming, people! And I do have feelings. :lol:

Anyways, thanks for reading. :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Just what I wanted to say. It’s more embarassing to get help than get up by yourself.

Also, it’s a tradtion on the WT: Why oh why is he wearing those slippery ugly boots anyway? He’s had problems with his ankles since 1986 or so. Biker boots give your ankles good support and they have a great grip with their soles... Or sneakers, or .... Timberlands .. or .. Birkenstock. Haha

Oh, thanks for introducing me to the WT tradition :) According to his tweet he credits those boots for protecting him during the fall. But yeah, logic would dictate to not have slippery soles to avoid the fall in the first place... Timberlands sounds cool to me. Or get some custom cowboy boots with grips on the soles?

Just please god, not Birkenstocks!?! :lol:

• Like 1

What to do if your friend falls and it didn't look threatening (not that first few moments it doesn't hurt anyway): Laugh your ass off, then eventually pick friend's ass if he wants (or needs). Most people are okay to pick themselves and not to cause unnecessary turmoil or poor me scene. It's funny to see how Slash is absorbed during solos. He really knows nothing then (and I guess that otherwise he reacts just on supra-normal stimuli) I also guess no one from stage crew did see the wet spot prior, because they would remove it. They always clean the stage just before the show, too. Axl detected problem and the range of it, Axl solved. Looks like he remembers how to do chores :D The man is down to earth at the end.

Today he's maybe a little bit butt hurt, but it looks okay. He had even tablecloth to soften the fall. You don't feel the pain as soon as you hit the stage anyway (that bitch waits...). I like that Axl doesn't turn back to the audience until he isn't at the very back part of the stage. A really nice way how to show an appreciation to the crowd.

Axl wears his boots because they ARE slippery and light: he dances. Boots are good for running and stopping on a spot as he did through Illusions, but slippery are good for dancing, shimmys, (signature snake dance) and all this stuff. How many times I went through iced town to see some band, and hoped I will make it without fall... in my favorite slippery shoes, because they are good for dancing. I cannot dance in proper winter shoes, they have grips. Axl didn't fall through most of the long tour and if there wasn't some wet spot, he wouldn't even now, probably. Those boots he wears are tight and those straps he wear... I cannot decide how much it's installed to actually work, and how much it's a feel better stuff, but whatever, it was his feet, his ankles, he knows. That's what the life is, balance between dynamics and stability, having things done and safety...

McKagans and Jason Momoa's family had met before and they are friends, on mutual photo McKagans looked like pack of midgets... Can you imagine Jason Momoa with Grandpa Angus?

Edited by Alja

When the most dangerous moment of the most dangerous band in the world is that lead singer could break his hip...

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Apparently I'm taller than both Jason Momoa and The Rock.

*sits back and does nothing because I've already achieved too much* :lol:

That's why you live in NZ, you balance the Northern hemisphere...

Edited by Alja

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I can only speak for myself. I would never blame the boots. Back in the 80s he wore boots as well. He has fallen on stage also in the 90s when he was wearing sneakers. However in those days he was running and jumping all over the stage. So there were bigger chances for an accident to take place. But in the last 7 or 8 years the falls have happened more often. And it's more spectacular and dangerous for him because he is not in the same good shape he used to be in the past. And now he is not running around. He is just doing some little dancing. And walking from one end of the stage to the other. And yet he still finds a way to slide and fall

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, I know it’s been said a million times but those boots aren’t just a liability but also ugly af - I’ve never seen one person who says they like them other than Axl - he loves them so much he even put some kind of horrible bling on the toes of them for this mini tour :facepalm: :lol:

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Also, I need to add. I just saw Jason Momoa’s Instagram Stories today. He was at the GnR show and was so freaking out and happy it was rather heartwarming. He ended up at the side of his stage together with his two kids and was LIVING it. He later met Duff and Slash and gifted them two very fine skull rings made of something that I didn’t know and can’t remember. Looks like bone. So yeah, go check out his stories. Susan was there, too, sweet as always.

I wonder if they have met before, their encounters looked so easy and laid back even though Jason was hyped up lke a teenager. (I think this is his default mode though) Anyway, I was thinking that it must be different to be a famous person / artist yourself and meeting them than being a casual fan from off the streets. It’s more eye to eye. Unfair! lol Also we street level fans don’t have cool bone rings to grace to Duff and Slash.

Am I a tad jelous of Jason? :P Yeah, I am. I’m just glad he was freaked out by the whole thing as he should have been. So it happend to the right one. 

I’m rambling, sorry. But it was rather heartwarming, people! And I do have feelings. :lol:

He’s been to quite a few shows before - I know he went to London Stadium because I saw him and he’s been to a couple since then and each time went backstage. Looks like he is good friends with Duff and particularly Slash ... he did say this time he finally managed to meet Axl - but there’s no pictures so I’m assuming Axl asked him not to post them. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, SerenityScorp said:

Axl loves to fall, from falling in love wifh Slash, Falling from the stardom, Falling off the stage, falling on the stage......

Badum ciss

Video is now....wait for it....drum roll please,.....GONE. Ba da bing. 

I am out of reactions. I agree about Axls boots. I agree biker boots would be better. He is older, bigger, and falls are not so much fun . He is just jumping and running across a huge stage.  Slash fell. Good thing he was fine. He seems to be in good shape. He can do his jumps and handstands. Lisa Bonet and her husband, Jason M.  , are friends with the McKagens.

On 3/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I know it’s been said a million times but those boots aren’t just a liability but also ugly af - I’ve never seen one person who says they like them other than Axl - he loves them so much he even put some kind of horrible bling on the toes of them for this mini tour :facepalm: :lol:

Me :awesomeface: I like them. (Just for Axl though, not for myself obviously.)

• Haha 2

This is GnR Women's Discuss. Sorry for changing to another subject. Regarding Perla.No Perla jokes here. Always, these guys, all of them in all bands, are never as good as fans think and their ladies are never as bad either.  Go look at her Instagram . She has rashes, reactions  to implants she got years ago which are now implants on recall. Obviously, these are making her sick. She is going to get them taken out. Now here is where her story gets crazy. She had her breast tissues removed and implants inserted. What da fukc? Hey, a multimillionarie Beverly Hills woman. Plastic surgery capital so of course. Omg. She is , was a natural DD. Ok, gravity, 2 kids, all she needed a few years ago was a breast lift. She had crazy, invasive plastic surgery. So now, no breast tissues? What? She will have to have implants,  ones not on recall list, inserted...I guess. She is really candid in her Instagram. Best to her, but Omg. What trouble.  Susan, obviously has implants which is no big deal, not a bad thing, but hopefully she did not have her breast tissues removed. Hopefully her implants are not on recall. While at, Meegan looks like she got face  work done. It looks good. Smooth. Subtle. Good for her.

Edited by Amaya

2 hours ago, Amaya said:

Thisvis GnR Womens Discuss. Sorry for changing to another subject. Tegarding Perla.No Perla jokes here. Always, these guys, all of them in all bands, are never as good as fans think and their ladies are never as bad either.  Go look at her Instagram . She has rashes, reactions  to implants she got years ago which are now implants on recall. Obviously, these are making her sick. She is going to get them taken out. Now here is where her story gets crazy. She had her breast tissues removed and implants inserted. What da fukc? Hey, a multimillionarie Beverly Hills woman. Plastic surgery capital so of course. Omg. She is , was a natural DD. Ok, gravity, 2 kids, all she needed a few years ago was a breast lift. She had crazy, invasive plastic surgery. So now, no breast tissues? What? She will have to have implants,  ones not on recall list, inserted...I guess. She is really candid in her Instagram. Best to her, but Omg. What trouble.  Susan, obviously has implants which is no big deal, not a bad thing, but hopefully she did not have her breast tissues removed. Hopefully her implants are not on recall. While at, Meegan looks like she got face  work done. It looks good. Smooth. Subtle. Good for her.

That is horrible! Damn! 

On 11/3/2019 at 4:53 AM, Tori72 said:

WIsh I could've been there with them to meet Slash and Duff.

• Like 1