"[Angus] Young is working on a new AC/DC album with [Axl] Rose" says Australian website NOISE11

ludurigan

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

And I don't get why people are so happy when unfortunately it is possible that we will never have another GN'R album again.

I guess it's just being happy for what you get instead of sad for what you don't. We would be absolutely madly happy to get a GNR album, but we're alright with AxlDc being a bonus, which has potential to be pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

I guess it's just being happy for what you get instead of sad for what you don't. We would be absolutely madly happy to get a GNR album, but we're alright with AxlDc being a bonus, which has potential to be pretty good. 

Not just because of no album, but what if this means the end of GN'R? The possible end of my favorite doesn't make me happy

Just now, Padme said:

Not just because of no album, but what if this means the end of GN'R? The possible end of my favorite doesn't make me happy

No way, he gets way more cash doing GN'R than ACDC. In GNR Axl is "Angus/the Boss", in ACDC, Axl is "Frank/the employee". This is not the end of GN'R in any way. 

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

Oh, trust us. So would we, absolutely every single one of us. But there's no rumours about that, it's only realistic in the way that they are all alive, but nothing else seems to speak for it. Not a single person on this forum has ever wanted Angus/Axl over the AFD5, that's not what we are saying at all.

Is that what you guys think we're saying?

I personally want a GNR album so badly especially after this reunion, I guess I got my hopes up way high thinking these guys would slowly work on their torn friendships and eventually new stuff , however this is me,

TBH, yeah  I've heard some people on here go crazy seeing Angus and Axl togethr, like they seem to prefer  it over GNR:shrugs:

Another thing, I said earlier in my post, everyone has their side projects Slash, Duff and yes Axl is allowed to do or be w/whoever he wants, and sadly to myself, he seems to prefer A Angus over his own GNR guys, or at least  seems this way to myself. 

Anyways, Axl will do whatever he wants

36 minutes ago, Padme said:

I was not provoking I was just pointing out that Axl first should explain why can't make more album with GN'R.  And I don't get why people are so happy when unfortunately it is possible that we will never have another GN'R album again.

Were you this mad when Myles said that he and Slash talk about new album or is Axl always the bad guy? I think that it's pretty clear that Axl is the biggest critic of his music and that he won't just go and release every shit that he ever wrote.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

No way, he gets way more cash doing GN'R than ACDC. In GNR Axl is "Angus/the Boss", in ACDC, Axl is "Frank/the employee". This is not the end of GN'R in any way. 

But if the don't make an album at some point.What reason would they have to do more tours? They can't strech the reunion tour forever

Just now, DexAxl said:

Were you this mad when Myles said that he and Slash talk about new album or is Axl always the bad guy? I think that it's pretty clear that Axl is the biggest critic of his music and that he won't just go and release every shit that he ever wrote.

I didn't pay too much attention to it. I needed more than just Myles talking

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's stupid that some “fans“ doesn't allow Axl to play with other bands. Slash and Duff were in dozens of bands! 

"were". now we have seen what we have been missing. Axl+Slash equals magic! AFD equals magic! everyone always said Axl and Slash would never reconcile...even Axl and Slash agreed! but i believed it would happen, it did happen and now the sky's the limit! AFD5 in '17...let's make it happen people! rock3

I haven't waded through the 4 pages and I'm sure many others are asking the same thing... where's the source?

I suspect the noise11 articles are simply going off the same shit we've already heard - the Brazilian journalist that tweeted in September or October. Beyond that, we have a statement from Angus that says "not sure" as of August. That's it, effectively.
I do expect this will probably happen, but I don't trust any of the "sources" we've had so far. 

I also think Angus has to consider his own mortality here too - he's starting to sound sloppy as he gets older and his fingers lack the authority they once had.
He's still "got it", but will we be saying the same thing in 2-3 years' time? If we see another album and tour, it could well be the last.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yes They can

ozzy tour same songs forever

I think you are mixing set list with amount of albums. GN'R can play pretty much the same set list if they want to. But they need to add at least one new song from a new album. Ozzy made many albums as solo artist and with Sabbath. 

8 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I haven't waded through the 4 pages and I'm sure many others are asking the same thing... where's the source?

I suspect the noise11 articles are simply going off the same shit we've already heard - the Brazilian journalist that tweeted in September or October. Beyond that, we have a statement from Angus that says "not sure" as of August. That's it, effectively.
I do expect this will probably happen, but I don't trust any of the "sources" we've had so far. 

I also think Angus has to consider his own mortality here too - he's starting to sound sloppy as he gets older and his fingers lack the authority they once had.
He's still "got it", but will we be saying the same thing in 2-3 years' time? If we see another album and tour, it could well be the last.

I said a similar thing to someone, more as a joke but there could be merit to it. Slash feasibly has more good years left than Angus, just from that perspective it makes sense to prioritise AC/DC if it's something he had really set his heart on doing. 

If there was solid evidence both AC/DC and GNR albums were being worked on it would be less of an issue which arrived first I think.

11 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Yeah, it's just as discouraging for a GnR fan to read Myles talking about how when Slash is finished with this tour SMKC will be reconvening to discuss future plans. Hes said it more than once and right from the start of the reunion. 

If neither Axl or Slash has new GnR music as a main priority then I am interested in anything else they put out without each other. 

I wouldn't want it before or instead of new GnR music. 

There's no actual evidence of anything though - other than Slash will return to SMKC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, it's just as discouraging for a GnR fan to read Myles talking about how when Slash is finished with this tour SMKC will be reconvening to discuss future plans. Hes said it more than once and right from the start of the reunion. 

If neither Axl or Slash has new GnR music as a main priority then I am interested in anything else they put out without each other. 

I wouldn't want it before or instead of new GnR music. 

There's no actual evidence of anything though - other than Slash will return to SMKC.

But maybe it's going to take some time for Axl to start working on a Gn'R album and once they begin working on it, that will be a long enough of a process to allow for side projects to happen without it actually interfering with Gn'R work.

Axl can choose to take naps for a year after this tour is over while Slash is just itching to do something. I think it will be more stable if they treat a Guns album like the mother project and solo projects as shit to keep things delayed.

Angus is probably our best chance to get another album with Axl vocals without it taking 4 to 5 years is my guess. Beats a collaboration on Angel Down.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But maybe it's going to take some time for Axl to start working on a Gn'R album and once they begin working on it, that will be a long enough of a process to allow for side projects to happen without it actually interfering with Gn'R work.

Axl can choose to take naps for a year after this tour is over while Slash is just itching to do something. I think it will be more stable if they treat a Guns album like the mother project and solo projects as shit to keep things delayed.

Angus is probably our best chance to get another album with Axl vocals without it taking 4 to 5 years is my guess. Beats a collaboration on Angel Down.

Still it is not a GN'R album. Axl can make 100 albums with 100 different people. We can hear Axl singing. Why is that his priority over GN'R? Why is it Conspirators Slash priority over GN'R? Sorry, but I don't want GN'R to become a side project

47 minutes ago, Padme said:

Still it is not a GN'R album. Axl can make 100 albums with 100 different people. We can hear Axl singing. Why is that his priority over GN'R? Why is it Conspirators Slash priority over GN'R? Sorry, but I don't want GN'R to become a side project

It's not a priority for Axl to make 100 albums with 100 different people. Just with Angus. Doing an AC/DC album is probably special enough for Axl to make it a priority and it's easy to understand why.

The Conspirators is not at all Slash's priority anymore. It's an avenue for Slash to be productive and do something non-artistic when he is not needed to tour, write, and record for Axl.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's not a priority for Axl to make 100 albums with 100 different people. Just with Angus. Doing an AC/DC album is probably special enough for Axl to make it a priority and it's easy to understand why.

The Conspirators is not at all Slash's priority anymore. It's an avenue for Slash to be productive and do something non-artistic when he is not needed to tour, write, or record for Axl.

How can you say AC/DC and Conspirators are not priorities when they will make albums with those bands insteat of making a new GN'R album first? For me it is not easy to understand why an AC/DC album is more important for Axl. And it is not just the albums, it also means other tours with other people performing no GN'R songs. We don't know how long this  yet another GN'R hiatus is going to last. I find it stupid from their part not to take advantage of their new popularity they are enjoying and make a new GN'R album now. Unless of course GN'R is nothing more than a side project for them or just not a project at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padme said:

How can you say AC/DC and Conspirators are not priorities when they will make albums with those bands insteat of making a new GN'R album first? For me it is not easy to understand why an AC/DC album is more important for Axl. And it is not just the albums, it also means other tours with other people performing no GN'R songs. We don't know how long this  yet another GN'R hiatus is going to last. I find it stupid from their part not to take advantage of their new popularity they are enjoying and make a new GN'R album now. Unless of course GN'R is nothing more than a side project for them or just not a project at all.

How? how can Slash finish 90% of Con lll and choose to go on tour for probably 2 years with Guns playing Chinese tunes? how.

And AC/DC is a priority, but good enough of a reason to go do an album with Angus for not half a decade, unlike an album with the name "Guns N' Roses" on it.

If you choose to accept Axl always wanted to be an employee, he just never found the right boss and that's Angus, than you should have no problem agreeing with what I'm saying here.

I think Guns is important for Axl artistically and commercially. But Angus is this once in a lifetime thing and a Guns album is something that is planned slowly from the look of things. It's important for any artist to do what he wants to do and it can be also beneficial for a Guns album. Axl never did anything other than Guns really. He uses Gn'R as a semi solo thing project and AC/DC is kinda what Slash and friends album was for Slash. Ironic that it's part of a band that lost members and kinda funny Angus is on lead. Generic Hard Rock gets in the way.

Just because Slash might decide to go do something with Myles doesn't absolutely mean Axl is not interested in making another Guns album or only cares about AC/DC.

Axl is more than just Gn'R's leader. He'll do what he feels like doing just like when Baz asked him to sing and write some lyrics while Chinese was still unreleased or when he chose to design an ugly watch. Now it's much more appealing cause it's Angus. For Axl, not for you, but it's more about what Axl wants to do. He doesn't do things by the book of rock n' roll. (or does he?) Doesn't matter how we may prefer it to be. He's not gonna say no to Angus just cause the Guns catalog is much too small and Slash and Duff are back in the band.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

If we don't get GNR album I'm all for AXL/DC. I have no idea how true this is and didn't read every post so I don't know.

Maybe with GNR it really is a one off, hey we made amends, let's go on one last tour together and make a pile of money, it'll be fun, type of thing. Or, they might still hit the studio right after the tour. Or they might've decided, let's all do our little side project thing one last time, give that shit some closure, and come back as Guns and ride off into the sunset. I have no idea at this point.

All I know is I'll be disappointed if we don't get new Guns. But if we don't get that, we have to get AXL/DC. 

• Like 1

A year ago it would be a joke that Axl would even sing a song with AC/DC, now he's 20+ shows in and on the cusp of a new album with Angus Young....crazy

as long as Axl doesn't introduce Angus to Mickey then this record could be huge. You have ACDC's fan base interested, Guns N Roses fan base interested and the entire rock community interested, so anything is going to sell really well. I just hope it's really good 

6 hours ago, Padme said:

^^^^^ this!

8 hours ago, Padme said:

Axl is "the problem" here, although we don't really know if there's gonna be an AC/DC album or not.

What I mean is, Slash had SMKC III almost ready to record last may but he postponed it indefinitely to focus on GNR. If it was up to Slash, you can be 100% sure that we would get another GNR album. He's always writing riffs, coming up with ideas, jamming with his bandmates... Slash's actions have made it clear that GNR is his priority and if we get a SMKC record before a GNR one, it will be because Axl didn't want to release a record or at least not yet. He won't postpone a GNR record to go back to SMKC.

Now it's yet to be seen whether Axl's priority will be making a record with GNR or with AC/DC or just touring with both bands and not releasing new music at all.

From Angus' perspective it makes a lot of sense to want a new record ASAP. Last year Axl was helping them play their already scheduled shows but now if he wants to go on with him and wants AC/DC fans to embrace this, it would be really helpful to have a new record and have Axl singing his own songs besides the classics.

• Like 1