Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk's Show Today

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

-Well according to our own mods in 2015, the complete focus of GNR was new music? Could things have changed, maybe but, Axl said he played material for Slash and Duff. What material? What's left? Easy, Chinese leftovers. They could be on Chinese leftovers, they also said they could write and record newly written material. I get it and I think it works but, no effort has been put forth to that.

But again like many times before, no effort has been put into it because of all the things that are going on.  Like y'know a large scale stadium tour with multiple legs, Axl/DC, personal lives, etc.  As a touring musician at times if my schedule is hectic enough to not come out with recordings during my off-time I can only imagine how hectic it is touring stadiums all over the world.  I do not think its unreasonable to not have a ton of effort put towards a new album with so many other things going on with a freshly regrouped band touring.  

But if time goes by after the whole tour ends and nothing comes by?  Yeah that is when I will get pissed off with the band just like back in 2014/early 2015.  Actually by the end of 2012 I was pretty jaded with GNR but I really do think this different situation calls for a different set of whats reasonable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

But again like many times before, no effort has been put into it because of all the things that are going on.  Like y'know a large scale stadium tour with multiple legs, Axl/DC, personal lives, etc.  As a touring musician at times if my schedule is hectic enough to not come out with recordings during my off-time I can only imagine how hectic it is touring stadiums all over the world.  I do not think its unreasonable to not have a ton of effort put towards a new album with so many other things going on with a freshly regrouped band touring.  

But if time goes by after the whole tour ends and nothing comes by?  Yeah that is when I will get pissed off with the band just like back in 2014/early 2015.  Actually by the end of 2012 I was pretty jaded with GNR but I really do think this different situation calls for a different set of whats reasonable

That seems true, I'm just saying it's only true to an extent. A full album takes time, a 5 song EP takes a week or two. And that puts anyone complaining about the lack of new music to a shame. They had 3 months to do that a year ago at this time, no Axl/DC yet even was interfering yet. And now, they really have nothing going on between now and May. And it's hard to tell how Axl truly feels about new music but, hes consistent about making sure anything new with the term "Guns N Roses" on it doesn't see the light of day, or takes too long to release. He is, consistent at that, regardless of intention

You guys need to seriously calm down a little bit, wait until the tour ends to talk about new music, its too fn early for the band to just go and record, let them breath and maybe start to feel like a band again. geez.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigpoop said:

A good way to feel like a band is to make music. Because that's what bands do.

Bands also go on tour when the iron is hot, which is exactly what GNR is doing at the moment.  This is exactly the right time to do a stadium tour all over the world, so for me it is perfectly reasonable for no new material to be written right now.  

Keep in mind take a look at what goes into making an album - writing songs (or parts to pre-existing songs), booking studio time, working with a producer, working with someone on the mixing or just getting someone to mix it, mastering it,  discussing album art and logo as well as all of working with contracts and record labels.  Kind of hard to do when Axl is with Axl/DC for certain amounts of time - and the rest of the band probably wants quality time with family and the freedom to have personal time on tour so they don't blow their brains out due to the monotony of touring life

If nothing happens after this tour to keep the momentum going however, that is when it will start to get iffy.  

Edited by WhazUp

I mean we have had Axl say he's shown them some music that they liked.

We've had other band members say they've been working on new songs during song check which has been verified on Here as well and people still talk shit. 

Meanwhile Steven Adler whines that Axl only talked to him for ten seconds and fist bumped him or whatever it was and people go nuts. Steven sounds like the kid on the playground noone wants to be friends with doing that.

I mean did he expect a dinner invite after Axl invited him to hang out last time he was rewarded with Stevens bull shit talk and blaming him for his happiness. Sounds familiar.

I wouldn't want to hang out and kumbaya with someone like that. 

As far as Steven and Duff rehearsing with him only I mean why would Axl? Just as when they brought in people to possibly replace Izzy before Axl had Slash and Duff play with them and see how it fit.

I know I know, you're all gonna say why wouldn't they Steven knows the music but without getting into a whole other discussion that has already been discussed here in this thread, I'll say its been a while.

Now didn't anyone think it was odd that for months he's been posting videos of himself playing songs saying he can play it? I mean noone wondered why he was saying that? Perhaps there's more to that.