Can Axl Sing Slither?

That song was the perfect blend of those 2 bands. It was GNR but being song by Weiland. A good first big single but it might have set them up as a superband moreso in many people's eyes than a stand alone thing.

Thats why I see it unlikely they'd cover it. But then again I know nothing. It feels like it's equal part Scott. So Unless Axl's a fan it's hard to see But if they're gonna do one I always see Axl singing set me free.

He definitely could sing it, but he would have to make it his own and I'm really not sure he's comfortable with his fingerprints on a Velvet Revolver song.

Its a bummer because the song is a motherfucker. I had high hopes last summer that it would be played at least once but I think there's almost no chance of that, now.

I hold it as Scott Weiland's last great moment. The last time he would ever grace a full-on rock song with the power of his CORE voice, which alas, was gone after Contraband.

Maybe Axl just sees it as too messy to step into those shoes. He has never publicly spoke of Weiland. Even after Scott's "wig-wearing fuck" letter danced around the Internet.

It would probably be very similar to the song Chinese Democracy vocally- that is all I can really hear because Slither and that are both in the key of D and have some overlapping notes in the melodies.  Unless they tune down Slither a half step which VR did from the 2007 tour onwards and Slash did with Myles

Edited by WhazUp

38 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Fuck Slither, can Axl sing Locomotive, Dead Horse, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me or The Garden?

If he had to sing a VR song I would prefer Fall to Pieces.

Indeed! Let's play Locomotive, Dead Horse, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me and The Garden instead of Slither, Chinese Democracy, Better, This I Love and Sorry.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Idk I doubt Axl has even tried 

Thats what I was thinking.  I bet Axl doest even know if he could do it.  Or judging by Axls surprise that Steven Adler was in Argentina I wonder if he's even aware it was ever on a rehearsal set list

1 minute ago, soon said:

Thats what I was thinking.  I bet Axl doest even know if he could do it.  Or judging by Axls surprise that Steven Adler was in Argentina I wonder if he's even aware it was ever on a rehearsal set list

Axl is all AC/DC right now...he doesn't care what's going on. Everything is in cruise control 

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The first casualty in that case is Vince Neil's vocal chords :lol:

and the second his own? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

The Cancer is still going strong (thank God), though, and some of his friends had died too, like West and Shannon and Sebastian Bach's dignity :ph34r:

The Cancer can't get badder, ya' know? :awesomeface:

He's the Cancer. He's got it all. The ultimate Boss in this game we call life.

As for West and Shannon, he didn't have problems with those, right? That's why they were his friends.

I was thinking of Kurt, actually. And Jacko. And :smiley-confused2:

8 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

(Axl didn't have any feud with Weiland. Weiland had with Axl.)

Bullshit.

Axl issued an statement where he claimed Slash called Weiland "a fraud". That was the shot that made Scott reply back with all those hilarious comments about Axl's looks.