Can Axl Sing Slither?

4 hours ago, Słash said:

Well you have also said things about Axl like how he will sleep on the very same street on which Slash has got a star on 

Makes you wonder how close Axl was to being broke. 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Axl says that. Or Beta.

But it was in those setlists so I think it's been talked with Axl, at the least. :shrugs:

BTW, have new setlists pictures surfaced for this leg of the tour? or Japan?

I dont remember seeing pics of setlists like we used to have in the NA or SA leg.

If those were around we could check if 'Slither' is still an alt. song.

Yes, some setlist pictures showed up in the show threads.  I'm pretty sure Slither was gone.  

Yes, he probably would nail it but why sing it? They broke up, each member took their own way, if you are going to sing the other one's solo material why you ever disbanded in the first place? 

On 4 March 2017 at 11:17 AM, soon said:

Thats what I was thinking.  I bet Axl doest even know if he could do it.  Or judging by Axls surprise that Steven Adler was in Argentina I wonder if he's even aware it was ever on a rehearsal set list

It was on the alt set list a few times last year! That, in itself should tell you he's "tried it".

On 4 March 2017 at 0:48 PM, killuridols said:

We don't know that.

I mean.... maybe they would have never made another AFD or UYI but if you keep making music and releasing it, with all that talent involved, something good has to come out, every 5 years or so.

Stay relevant, at least. Produce. Create. Move your ass and do something instead of scratching your balls.

But that's not how Axl operates so whatever.

Probably he considers this reunion a win in the terms you mention but he's fucking delusional. Unless he gets Slash and Duff to write songs with him again and release some new music, this tour will come to an end and his little fantasy too.

You should probably understand that what you want or think is the right idea doesn't mean shit to Axl, best live your own life rather than trying to dictate the events of his or anyone else's. 

its embarrassing. 

9 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

From what I've read Axls mothers death impacted him quite a lot and contributed to his hermit lifestyle along with West Arkeens around the same time almost, not sure he's gonna sing that song anymore but I'd love to see it back too

Makes sense. Didn't West have credits on other GNR songs. 

But definitely I think that could be a factor to Axl late 90s. 

3 hours ago, Tadsy said:

You should probably understand that what you want or think is the right idea doesn't mean shit to Axl, best live your own life rather than trying to dictate the events of his or anyone else's. 

its embarrassing. 

Yeah, what a shame...

I've been holding my breath all this time waiting for you to come "dictate" to me the next event of my no-life.

You're clearly the sharpest tool in the shed :lol:

6 hours ago, Tadsy said:

It was on the alt set list a few times last year! That, in itself should tell you he's "tried it".

No.  It was monumental that Axl did a few sound checks at the very beginning of the regrouping.  He does not rehearse and has not done soundcheck since.  Nor has he his entire career with GNR.  Basically, with vip passes that allowed people to watch and record those few early full band sound checks we have a sense of what he sang on in soundcheck.  There is absolutely no evidence that he sang Slither at any of those rare events.  And with regards to it having been on a few alt set its last year, like I say:  Stevens guest spot in Argentina would've been on main set list, but Axl was surprised to see him backstage - meaning he hadn't glanced at set list.  

He can, it would be could if he could use the same voice that he uses in Down on the Farm on TSI, but nowdays I think he would sound a bit deeper in voice terms. It would be more like Myles' version than Scott's version

7 hours ago, Gackt said:

Axl can definitely sing it, but I'd rather a song like The Last Fight popping up in a setlist

That's one of my picks before Slither. Others would be Fall To Pieces, You Got No Right, Do It For The Kids, and Let It Roll.

7 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Why would he ever sing a VR song?

Because there's some great songs there, which two of the current members contributed to? :shrugs: 

• Like 1

The only song I wanna hear live from those post-GN'R bands is from Loaded and is called “Sick“. And that doesn't need Axl on vocals

Edited by Sosso

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That's one of my picks before Slither. Others would be Fall To Pieces, You Got No Right, Do It For The Kids, and Let It Roll.

Because there's some great songs there, which two of the current members contributed to? :shrugs: 

Don't get me wrong, I like VR, just can't imagine Axl wanting to play their stuff or Slash/Duff asking him to.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 1:29 AM, Ana_1991 said:

And at the end, the same as if in It's So Easy, rasp kicks in! It would be fucking great to hear it!!!

yeah it would! :headbang:

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

Don't get me wrong, I like VR, just can't imagine Axl wanting to play their stuff or Slash/Duff asking him to.

that is the biggest thing making this not happen i agree. but it would be cool! :)

On 3/5/2017 at 0:55 AM, @xlRose said:

Yes, he probably would nail it but why sing it? They broke up, each member took their own way, if you are going to sing the other one's solo material why you ever disbanded in the first place? 

Lol.  They play CD songs 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Powerage5 said:

DIRTY LITTLE THING hands down

48 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Lol.  They play CD songs 

LETS NOT EVER and get back to a 5 piece band playing hard rock