Custom GNR Leather Jacket from Illusions Tour

Mrbadguy

Hey, does anyone have any info on this jacket?  Looks really cool.  The back is made up of individually sewn on small pieces of colored leather.  The leather that makes up the revolvers is shiny and there are metal rivets on the guns as well.  I heard these jackets were made for the band members during the Illusions tour.  And from what I can tell this top hat pirate skull logo makes it's main debut in the inner sleeves of the Illusions album.  I can't speak to the authenticity of the "AXL 95" signature on the skull of the jacket, but I think the jacket is awesome regardless.

Google images only pulls up two similar jackets that were sold at antique shops/auction over the years.     So, any one have any info on this jacket?

gnr_zpsigawrx6i.jpg

On 3/8/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mrbadguy said:

Hey, does anyone have any info on this jacket?  Looks really cool.  The back is made up of individually sewn on small pieces of colored leather.  The leather that makes up the revolvers is shiny and there are metal rivets on the guns as well.  I heard these jackets were made for the band members during the Illusions tour.  And from what I can tell this top hat pirate skull logo makes it's main debut in the inner sleeves of the Illusions album.  I can't speak to the authenticity of the "AXL 95" signature on the skull of the jacket, but I think the jacket is awesome regardless.

Google images only pulls up two similar jackets that were sold at antique shops/auction over the years.     So, any one have any info on this jacket?

gnr_zpsigawrx6i.jpg

I saw one on eBay that said it was made in Mexico during the illusion tour.

• 1 year later...