Guns N' Roses & The Who in Chile, Argentina and Brasil

There are strong rumors of GnR and The Who doing a show toguether at Estadio Nacional (Santiago, Chile) and River Plate Stadium (Buenos Aires, Argentina) at the end of September.

Translation: 

Although the initial warning came in February - when the manager of the English band teased in a radio interview that they would pass through South America -, last Tuesday it was almost definitive. The colossal Rock in Rio festival confirmed both groups for a single day (Saturday September 23) and officialized the first date of a tour that will then travel to Santiago and Buenos Aires.

In the capital, the plan sought almost from the beginning to have Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, Axl Rose and Slash sharing the night in a single room. When the negotiations began with the meeting in Rio, the viability of bringing The Who to a solo concert was complex: the men of My generation had the express intention of making their debut in South America only in crowded spaces so it forced those responsible for their coming to think big. Then the main suspicion was related to its call and popularity in Chile, which - although they comprise the Olympus of British rock of the 60s - does not equate to contemporaries like The Beatles or even The Rolling Stones. Therefore, the coming together with another illustrious credit of Rock in Rio appeared like the most reasonable alternative.

Source: http://www.latercera.com/noticia/the-who-guns-n-roses-alistan-visita-juntos-septiembre/

EDIT: 

Argentina Now: http://www.mdzol.com/nota/722885-the-who-y-guns-n-roses-planean-tocar-juntos-en-argentina/

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1

:facepalm: The Seeker has become The Zika for real now :facepalm:

Im not thrilled by this idea of them co-headlining with The Who and playing in our countries after RIR...

Why it couldnt have been Axl/DC instead?

I will have to pay loads of money to see this shit show with a band I dont like....

and wasn't one of those The Who saying Axl was doing karaoke? :rolleyes:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The Who can't even sell out arenas in the UK. You can still buy standing and seats near the stage for their shows in April. 

That's why they want to attach themselves to GnR. 

Who's BRILLIANT idea was this? :question:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:facepalm: The Seeker has become The Zika for real now :facepalm:

Im not thrilled by this idea of them co-headlining with The Who and playing in our countries after RIR...

Why it couldnt have been Axl/DC instead?

I will have to pay loads of money to see this shit show with a band I dont like....

and wasn't one of those The Who saying Axl was doing karaoke? :rolleyes:

Well, GNR + AC/DC would be insane but Axl wouldn't survive singing 5 hours a night.

Considering Alter Bridge is playing Rock In Rio too, I'd love to have Alter Bridge as the opening band playing 75 minutes, then a 45 minutes SMKC show and then GNR. That's way more realistic :D:rolleyes:

Back to real world, I don't really care about The Who but if this means GNR will NOT play The Seeker, then it's not that bad.

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, GNR + AC/DC would be insane but Axl wouldn't survive singing 5 hours a night.

Considering Alter Bridge is playing Rock In Rio too, I'd love to have Alter Bridge as the opening band playing 75 minutes, then a 45 minutes SMKC show and then GNR. That's way more realistic :D:rolleyes:

Back to real world, I don't really care about The Who but if this means GNR will NOT play The Seeker, then it's not that bad.

It could be a shorter set for both bands :max:

How do you know they won't play The Seeker? They will play it twice or more likely, will join The Who and play with them :facepalm:

I don't wanna see that band and do you realize they will charge us a lot more because of this?

That's what I'm mainly pissed off about.

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It could be a shorter set for both bands :max:

How do you know they won't play The Seeker? They will play it twice or more likely, will join The Who and play with them :facepalm:

I don't wanna see that band and do you realize they will charge us a lot more because of this?

That's what I'm mainly pissed off about.

A shorter GNR set would be the worst thing ever. No thanks! :max:

I don't know, I said IF. In case they do play it, that would make The Who's presence completely useless to me :lol: Axl singing it with them wouldn't bother me, I just don't want it in GNR's setlist, it has nothing to do there.

I'm not sure they'll charge us even more, but if they do.... RIOT TIME!! 

OMG...i think i'm the only one here, who will be very sad to live on the other side of the planet, if this shows will really happen, because The Who are one of my favourite bands:smiley-confused2:But i don't love them as much as i love GnR;)

The main problem even for me as a fan of both bands is, that they musically don't fit to each other...it's like apple pie with chili sauce!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The Who are legends. 

I cannot fathom people bitching about seeing GnR n The Who on one stage. Legends both.

The Seeker is a great song, GnR plays it fuckin great, and it obviously means something to Axl.

Either I'm too old, or a lotta motherfuckers are too young to understand.

I don't think it has anything to do with age. I love Zeppelin, I love Queen, The Who just don't do it for me.

I agree they're legends, though, it's just a matter of taste.

11 minutes ago, EricA said:

OMG...i think i'm the only one here, who will be very sad to live on the other side of the planet, if this shows will really happen, because The Who are one of my favourite bands:smiley-confused2:But i don't love them as much as i love GnR;)

The main problem even for me as a fan of both bands is, that they musically don't fit to each other...it's like apple pie with chili sauce!

I don't think they're thaaaat different. It's not like we're talking about GNR and N'Sync. Or GNR and NuGNR :awesomeface:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I don't think it has anything to do with age. I love Zeppelin, I love Queen, The Who just don't do it for me.

I agree they're legends, though, it's just a matter of taste.

I don't think they're thaaaat different. It's not like we're talking about GNR and N'Sync. Or GNR and NuGNR :awesomeface:

Right. So if GnR was playing Babe I'm Gonna Leave You every night, or Communication Breakdown every night- are you still hating that they're playing a cover? 

I just don't agree with all the "cover" hate. If they break into Heartbreak Hotel or Jumping Jack Flash, are we hating or no?

18 minutes ago, EricA said:

Apple pie with chilli sauce! Good call, you're right.

11 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Right. So if GnR was playing Babe I'm Gonna Leave You every night, or Communication Breakdown every night- are you still hating that they're playing a cover? 

I just don't agree with all the "cover" hate. If they break into Heartbreak Hotel or Jumping Jack Flash, are we hating or no?

I'd probably enjoy those songs (especially CB) but I would still find it stupid. I wanna listen to their songs. Or maybe at least they could have a spot for covers and rotate them. It's insane that The Seeker has been played way more often on this tour than fn' Don't Cry! Well, to me anyways.

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'd probably enjoy those songs (especially CB) but I would still find it stupid. I wanna listen to their songs. Or maybe at least they could have a spot for covers and rotate them. It's insane that The Seeker has been played way more often on this tour than fn' Don't Cry! Well, to me anyways.

I guess we should have a thread asking: why does the Seeker mean so much to Axl? He's trying to tell us something. Maybe just fuck you- hear this and like it.

Anyway- I don't mind the covers. I'd love to hear a current GnR version of Heartbreak Hotel personally... 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The Who can't even sell out arenas in the UK. You can still buy standing and seats near the stage for their shows in April. 

That's why they want to attach themselves to GnR. 

What??? The Who don't need to attach themselves to anyone.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Or GNR and NuGNR :awesomeface:

LOL

Last summer i attended a WHO show and there was a young dude wearing a GUNS shirt...i was like huu NICE ! But others (Who die hards) were like...buhh a Rocker! 

BTW i love Axl sining The Seeker, idk why it means so much to him, maybe it's only the lyrics he identifies with?

Edited by EricA

36 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The Who are legends. 

I cannot fathom people bitching about seeing GnR n The Who on one stage. Legends both.

The Seeker is a great song, GnR plays it fuckin great, and it obviously means something to Axl.

Either I'm too old, or a lotta motherfuckers are too young to understand.

I'm right there with you, though.....I could live without Guns N Roses ever playing that fucking song again myself.  

20 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I guess we should have a thread asking: why does the Seeker mean so much to Axl? He's trying to tell us something. Maybe just fuck you- hear this and like it.

Anyway- I don't mind the covers. I'd love to hear a current GnR version of Heartbreak Hotel personally... 

That's cool, to each their own. I'd love to hear a current GNR version of Dead Horse but I guess neither of us will be getting anything :P

13 minutes ago, EricA said:

LOL

Last summer i attended a WHO show and there was a young dude wearing a GUNS shirt...i was like huu NICE ! But others (Who die hards) were like...buhh a Rocker! 

BTW i love Axl sining The Seeker, idk why it means so much to him, maybe it's only the lyrics he identifies with?

The Who fans don't consider themselves rockers? That sounds kinda odd to me :lol:

No idea what is it that Axl loves so much about that song but I'm pretty intrigued about it.

It's a bit of an odd pairing. :blink: I'm not sure about South America but I've been to a couple Who shows up here and the fans were... let's just say not exactly GNR's crowd.

But who knows, maybe it'll be great. :shrugs: