Holy shit Izzy loves us

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, that's the problem, not everyone here is a GNR fan. Too many Axl fans around here, who don't really care about GNR. Otherwise you'tre totally right. It's totally pathetic to hold Izzy's leaving against him, everybody did. And he probably had no other choice than to give up his part of the partnership.

You can not hold it against him while still understanding that you can't sell something and profit from owning it at the same time. I doubt the other's would be willing to sell their percentage at this stage anyway but at the very least Izzy would have to buy back in to be an equal partner. 

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

You can not hold it against him while still understanding that you can't sell something and profit from owning it at the same time. I doubt the other's would be willing to sell their percentage at this stage anyway but at the very least Izzy would have to buy back in to be an equal partner. 

"Buyback" from his own band?

The GNR which I knew, it was about 5 guys making awesome music, not this bullshit of shares or percentages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Słash said:

"Buyback" from his own band?

The GNR which I knew, it was about 5 guys making awesome music, not this bullshit of shares or percentages. 

Perhaps they can move into a storage unit and shoot heroin for your enjoyment while they're at it?

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The reality is, is that there wouldn't be any more or less money. That's the problem unfortunately.

True. But if it's 3 million a show for a hybrid line up then I'm sure they would easily be able to get 3.5 million a show for a full reunion and split the extra between Izzy and Steven. Ticket prices wouldn't need to really change too much to cover it and everyone would happily pay it to see the original guys. I don't know how it all works so I could be way off with it but it sounded good :lol:

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Perhaps they can move into a storage unit and shoot heroin for your enjoyment while they're at it?

I really don't get your obsession with Drugs. 

But well for my enjoyment, I wouldn't mind hanging around with some groupies while they play some music in a storage unit. 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I understand this, but the big 3 have been silent about this. Izzy and Steven seem to give the relatively same story, so why shouldn't I believe them?

This doesn't mean I dislike GNR right now, or that I don't like Frank and Richard (I'm still a big fan of them), but I am disappointment them seem to have boned Izzy and Steven. I wasn't there, I don't know what happened, but as a fan I think its ok to form an opinion based on the perspective Izzy and Steven provide us with.

If you want to form that opinion, that is ok.  I just can't do it personally, all I can say is that I wish Izzy was a part of this somehow even in the sense of a guest appearance at the very least.  But I am personally gonna withhold blame at this moment in time.  Like I certainly have my own assumptions and opinions too, but unlike some people on the forums (I don't mean you in this, I think you are fairly reasonable!) I am not going to talk about the "moral" or "right" thing to think as a GNR fan when I have such limited info

All I can say is that I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear the negotiations.  And that Izzy fucking rocks in general

Edited by WhazUp

5 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

Honestly first time I saw that tweet on Izzy's Twitter I thought it might be a troll. :0 Really hopes he appreciates us though despite all the...erm...drama. 

So you have been a lurker here or you are actually Izzy? lol

I thought it was trippy that Axl and Slash are in the same band again - who would have thought that 2016 and 2017 would bring us Izzy Stradlin on Twitter name checking a GNR fan forum!  

Regardless of the debate about his lack of inclusion in the NITLT tour and regardless of what side of the argument we may be on as fans, I just hope that Izzy knows that there are tons of people out there who know and appreciate how important he was to the making of the music that means a lot to all of us.  

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

If you are a fan of GNR there is no logical reason you dont support Izzy. The dude wrote so many of the tunes we love, he was the coolest member, he started the band with Axl... Come on.

Who gives a fuck if he left? Its a good thing he did. Id have left to. It was for his well being. Its a straw mans argument for Axl nutters now, bringing up a scenario that happened over 2 decades ago. That argument is instantly thrown out the window when you consider Slash and Duff (probably rightfully so) quit, as well

This is my argument for those who claim "well, Izzy quit on them and he gave up his rghts" blah blah blah... and the funnier, "well, if I ran a business with two other people and some guy comes back after 20 years and demands the same money" blah blah... Like, just because Axl, Slash and Duff all have their names involved legally doesn't show that they functioned normally over a 20 year period, especially since Axl didn't speak to Duff for most of it and Slash for 20 years. Izzy should have gotten his cut of the loot...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

He could have become the Malcolm Young of GN'R but he left the band and they moved on without him. Deal with it.

Although to be fair, Izzy was the reason why so many of the songs we know and love even exist in the first place!  I can easily see why people would want him included in GNR in any capacity.  

I would kill to see Izzy up there doin' his low key badass rocking with those guys again, its a chemistry that works very well and I assume that it still would rock. I am totally satisfied with the current lineup however so for me I got nothin' but love for the big 3 and for Izzy

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Maybe they should split it because theyre all rich, its a REUNION, its the right thing to do, and because it was Izzy's band too?

Not roxket science :shrugs:

I'm out of likes. Right on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it comes down to deciding WHO is in a GUNS N ROSES REUNION, key wrd being "Reunion", it should have been simple considering they're all getting paid incredibly well regardless. Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy are standard. No arguments there. Second keyboard player? Whatever, whether it's Neil, Reese, or even Zig Zag that person is hardly noticeable or crucial either way. We can all live with it.

It all came down to rhythm and Drums. The ball should have been in Izzy's court first, and Richard's involvement or lacktherof, whatever role he would have or not have, should have been decided based on what Izzy wanted to do first. Steven should have been dealt in just to play his material, especially since he doesn't care about money, then just have Frank play the rest. Frank's the insurance policy incase Adler falls off the wagon.

You're right, it's not Rocket Science. or Roxket whatever :P 

• Like 1