Tommy Stinson's Interview with Eric Blair

If you're not familiar with Eric Blair, he's done tons of interviews including Dio, John 5, Danzig, Josh Freese etc. So I'm delighted to see him interviewing Tommy.

GNR talks: on Josh Freese, on his role as the General, on old bandmates, on RIR, on Axl...at 7:00.

• Like 2

Great interview, gotta love the guy!

Among other things, he says (in GNR) he had to play with some guitarists that were great friends with him and others that were totally the opposite. For the latter, I would bet my bucks on Buckethead, Paul Huge and maybe Bumblefoot. What do you think?

18 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Great interview, gotta love the guy!

Among other things, he says (in GNR) he had to play with some guitarists that were great friends with him and others that were totally the opposite. For the latter, I would bet my bucks on Buckethead, Paul Huge and maybe Bumblefoot. What do you think?

Yeah I would say these 3

One is Paul Huge for sure, as I remember (when talking about the early ChiDem sessions) Tommy said something like: "there are guys who've never made a record trying to pitch ideas that those of us that actually made records found awful" (not the exact quote, but it was along those lines)

1 minute ago, Twinaleblood said:

One is Paul Huge for sure, as I remember (when talking about the early ChiDem sessions) Tommy said something like: "there are guys who've never made a record trying to pitch ideas that those of us that actually made records found awful" (not the exact quote, but it was along those lines)

It is bucket and Ron also

Like Bucket was bullied by Tommy and they dint get along.

Ron also was not welcome by some members and had to fight his way in to the band, I guess he was not welcomed by Tommy and Robin cause I guess they were fed up with some many line up changes and frustrated that why the hell the songs need to be re re re recorded when they were already finished 6 years ago

and yeah of course Paul Huge cause he was good for nothing. 

• Like 1

I Think he may of have felt that way about ron when he entered but not because of Ron, but because they werent expecting another guitar player.

Ron eventually became good friends with robin, even after gnr and i think the same can be said about tommy

But yeah, BH and Paul Huge must be on his shit list

27 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

I Think he may of have felt that way about ron when he entered but not because of Ron, but because they werent expecting another guitar player.

Ron eventually became good friends with robin, even after gnr and i think the same can be said about tommy

At the moment I doubt Ron is contact with anyone, he works with a different set of artists.

He was supposed to be in that Beatrazr thing, but as soon as he left the band, he din't want to be a part of that Beatrazr thing.

But Im happy that Ron is making his own solo music and music with AOA 

15 minutes ago, Słash said:

But Im happy that Ron is making his own solo music and music with AOA 

I actually think that Slash and Ron could have been a killer guitar duo at the NITL tour. 

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

I actually think that Slash and Ron could have been a killer guitar duo at the NITL tour. 

2 Lead guitarists in a band was never my thing.

Ron is a really nice human being and its good to see him what he actually wanted to do since so many years 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Słash said:

2 Lead guitarists in a band was never my thing.

Ron is a really nice human being and its good to see him what he actually wanted to do since so many years 

Yeah, but I think that a collabration between those two has potential, inside and outside of GN'R. 

2 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

He said something along those lines, but also adding iirc that some ideas worked and some didnt

• Like 1

Well we all can agree that ron is a class act, the nicest person and as gifted as any musician can be. On top of that he has a heart of gold. Wish him nothing but the best and ill always be his fan. His intro to dont cry is still one of the best gnr moments in history for me. His arrangement is stellar so is his acoustic and electric arrangement for better. Actually just check out the guitar workshop he did in recife brazil, he also played civil war and sorry... damn, the way he plays is just far beyond me. so musical and to play two guitar lines at the same moment is killer!!! RON Rocks!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Yeah, but I think that a collabration between those two has potential, inside and outside of GN'R. 

Ouside GNR would be great, in my head I am already starting to imagine a music video of Slash and Ron together

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

I don't think Tommy and Ron were ever friends. Ron had to threaten to stab him to get some respect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

If you're not familiar with Eric Blair, he's done tons of interviews including Dio, John 5, Danzig, Josh Freese etc. So I'm delighted to see him interviewing Tommy.

GNR talks: on Josh Freese, on his role as the General, on old bandmates, on RIR, on Axl...at 7:00.

I always felt really bad for Tommy because of his brother (Bob Stinson of the Replacements.) He really seems like he had a close relationship with his brother. He joined NuGuns not long after his bro's death. It's interesting. 

16 hours ago, Słash said:

He was supposed to be in that Beatrazr thing, but as soon as he left the band, he din't want to be a part of that Beatrazr thing.

Ron wasn't supposed to be in beatrazr, he just was in BlowoutNYC for a couple of shows in 2013. And he recorded the first AOA album before he left the band.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Ron wasn't supposed to be in beatrazr, he just was in BlowoutNYC for a couple of shows in 2013. And he recorded the first AOA album before he left the band.

I guess it was beatrazr, from what I remember it involved Pitman, Frank and Ron 

20 hours ago, Słash said:

Like Bucket was bullied by Tommy and they dint get along.

Ron also was not welcome by some members and had to fight his way in to the band, I guess he was not welcomed by Tommy and Robin cause I guess they were fed up with some many line up changes and frustrated that why the hell the songs need to be re re re recorded when they were already finished 6 years ago

That just goes to show what kind of douches these people are. Why their sense of entitlement?? What have they done to be "better" than anyone hired after them? Why taking it out on Ron, when Axl felt the need to hire another guitarist?? Total dochenoozles. Glad they're gone.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2017 at 4:07 PM, sanity_lost said:

That was a fantastic interview.

Eric Blair has done so many fantastic interviews with some of my favorites. I always look forward to them. His taste is very diverse and he's very knowledgeable unlike say Eddie Trunk

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1