Jump to content

Immigration/Refugee Thread


Axl owns dexter

Recommended Posts

So I found this to be interesting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-threatens-send-europe-15-000-refugees-month-103814107.html

Quote

Turkey's Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu has threatened to "blow the mind" of Europe by sending 15,000 refugees a month to EU territory, in an intensifying dispute with the bloc.

So Turkey is literally threatening Europe with more refugees. I find this interesting because Turkey is implying that more refugees means something bad for Europe. The left has said for years diversity is a strength and these refugees enrich the societies they go to. So is Turkey really threatening Europe with something that will 'enrich' them or do they truly believe more migrants means something bad for Europe? Discuss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enrich? haha please... wish the evil would stop in the middle east ofc.. but NO, more immigrants will not enrich. Just have take a look at my own country (which is/were the best country in the world).. some places i can't even recognize anymore. riots and burning cars, rapists etc.. I'm lucky that i live in Northern Sweden were it's calm and nice. not so calm in the southern region anymore, i don't feel like walking alone late in suburbs of Stockholm or places in Malmö or Gothenburg. feel sorry for those who come to our country and actually do good and try to make an effort when there's so many idiots that came with them. Sweden allready taken in too much immigrants past few years. We have them packed even in hotels,camping villages and cruise ships because there's no room for anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • downzy changed the title to Immigration/Refugee Thread
2 hours ago, downzy said:

Topic renamed due to the fact that the OP seems more interested in discussing the merits of refugees and immigrants than European politics.  

Haven't they pretty much become one in the same at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

Enrich? haha please... wish the evil would stop in the middle east ofc.. but NO, more immigrants will not enrich. Just have take a look at my own country (which is/were the best country in the world).. some places i can't even recognize anymore. riots and burning cars, rapists etc.. I'm lucky that i live in Northern Sweden were it's calm and nice. not so calm in the southern region anymore, i don't feel like walking alone late in suburbs of Stockholm or places in Malmö or Gothenburg. feel sorry for those who come to our country and actually do good and try to make an effort when there's so many idiots that came with them. Sweden allready taken in too much immigrants past few years. We have them packed even in hotels,camping villages and cruise ships because there's no room for anyone.

I've heard Swedish death metal and black metal, so don't try and tell us that everything is roses and you historical Swedes are unified, well adjusted products of the "best country in the world."(sic) 

Im a white person with a euro centric heritage and cultural perspective and I have rioted and burned stuff too.  Lots of us have (this is a GNR fan forum don't forget).  I believe my work for liberation has enriched culture greatly.  Like maybe not more then occasionally dressing up in medieval clothing, but close.  

The rapist comment is beneath you, I'm sure.  You, like every one, knows that rapists sadly come from all backgrounds.  

War and intolerance are major factors that create refugees. Hint: interpersonal fear and ignorance will not stop the war machine.  In fact its a necessary factor to let the war machine continue unimpeded.

It is, I will grant you, completely unacceptable that you should be with out your cruise ships temporarily so that other human beings might be able to stay alive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Paris yet again, attack at Orly airport. It seems to be a case of a lone wolf. Nobody killed except the terrorist. Apparently no passangers injured either. Still a mess at the airport and the city on high alert.

 

The attacker was a native frenchman born in Paris so it had nothing to do with refugees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, classicrawker said:

The attacker was a native frenchman born in Paris so it had nothing to do with refugees. 

There are reports saying police had him on a list of Islamic extremists. So being a citizen doesn't change much

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, soon said:

I've heard Swedish death metal and black metal, so don't try and tell us that everything is roses and you historical Swedes are unified, well adjusted products of the "best country in the world."(sic) 

Im a white person with a euro centric heritage and cultural perspective and I have rioted and burned stuff too.  Lots of us have (this is a GNR fan forum don't forget).  I believe my work for liberation has enriched culture greatly.  Like maybe not more then occasionally dressing up in medieval clothing, but close.  

The rapist comment is beneath you, I'm sure.  You, like every one, knows that rapists sadly come from all backgrounds.  

War and intolerance are major factors that create refugees. Hint: interpersonal fear and ignorance will not stop the war machine.  In fact its a necessary factor to let the war machine continue unimpeded.

It is, I will grant you, completely unacceptable that you should be with out your cruise ships temporarily so that other human beings might be able to stay alive.

Believe me when i say i don't mind helping people that are in need. Or have anything against other cultures. English is not my native language (ofc) and i try to explain without misunderstanding, i guess i failed. What i meant was that my country taken on a bit more than they can handle which causes segregation. I don't care about some cruiser ships but my point is that there so many refugees that they can not have a normal staying or an apartment because there isn't any more room. And this cost so many billions for the government that School, hospital and other welfare are greatly cut down. It's not like i made this shit up just to bash on some poor immigrants :facepalm:

and also believe me when i say this; There were NOT any burning cars or throwing rocks at police men, ambulance or fire department on a daily basis a couple of years ago. It's escalated into something very bad. And the rapist thing.. Yes rapist come from different backgrounds ofc, but i find it strange when the rape-crime stats rises up to a crucial state the last couple years. And that gang rape have become so usual, even towards men raping other men. Or that sexual harassment rates are sky high at festivals etc.. that wasn't the case before in Sweden. I didn't say it never happened but not even close to what it is now.

I also wrote: " feel sorry for those who come to our country and actually do good and try to make an effort when there's so many idiots that came with them"  

Eh oh i didn't try to tell anyone that it's all roses in Sweden? i said that my country were the best country in the world ( economy,welfare,schools,,jobs, crime rate etc) 

And anyone who give me the "you're racist BS" shut the f**k up. I'm certainly not. It's just that the country i grown up in you hardly didn't even had to lock your car and you weren't afraid of walking alone at night.

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Axl owns dexter said:

So I found this to be interesting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-threatens-send-europe-15-000-refugees-month-103814107.html

So Turkey is literally threatening Europe with more refugees. I find this interesting because Turkey is implying that more refugees means something bad for Europe. The left has said for years diversity is a strength and these refugees enrich the societies they go to. So is Turkey really threatening Europe with something that will 'enrich' them or do they truly believe more migrants means something bad for Europe? Discuss.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/17/erdogan-calls-turkish-families-have-five-children-bulwark-against/

 Turkey’s president urged “his brothers and sisters in Europe” to begin a baby boom in their new countries. “Have not just three but five children,” he told his flag-waving audience. 

Mr Erdoğan is in the midst of a closely-fought referendum campaign in which he is asking voters to grant him sweeping new powers that would potentially let him stay in office until 2029. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Padme said:

There are reports saying police had him on a list of Islamic extremists. So being a citizen doesn't change much

Actually it does "change much" as this thread is about Immigrants/ refugees and this person was neither as he was a French citizen born in Paris so has nothing to do with the topic unless you are trying to equate all Muslims as terrorists..............

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, estranged_85 said:

Believe me when i say i don't mind helping people that are in need. Or have anything against other cultures. English is not my native language (ofc) and i try to explain without misunderstanding, i guess i failed. What i meant was that my country taken on a bit more than they can handle which causes segregation. I don't care about some cruiser ships but my point is that there so many refugees that they can not have a normal staying or an apartment because there isn't any more room. And this cost so many billions for the government that School, hospital and other welfare are greatly cut down. It's not like i made this shit up just to bash on some poor immigrants :facepalm:

and also believe me when i say this; There were NOT any burning cars or throwing rocks at police men, ambulance or fire department on a daily basis a couple of years ago. It's escalated into something very bad. 

I also wrote: " feel sorry for those who come to our country and actually do good and try to make an effort when there's so many idiots that came with them"  

Eh oh i didn't try to tell anyone that it's all roses in Sweden? i said that my country were the best country in the world ( economy,welfare,schools,,jobs, crime rate etc) 

And anyone who give me the "you're racist BS" shut the f**k up. I'm certainly not.

I apprettiate you taking time to respond and I read at is being a constructive response.  I think I understand you a bit better and that some of what you explain makes me more comfortable with your sentiments.  Not everything though.  I think we still have vastly different perspectives.  I don't believe you plotted to create a narrative out of thin air to bash refugees but I do believe the narrative you embrace is not accurate and that it does in fact bash migrants.

I think the type of Nationalism that needs to claim to be or have been the "best country in the world" is a dangerous one.  I prefer Italian meatballs, but the boxed furniture is fantastic.  You live in a very fine country.  No more.  No less.  One really cool feature of your country is the impressive social supports.  The financial toll of welcoming migrants is a real issue and Im sure it is happening so fast that it is competing with funding for your countries pre-existing social supports.  I do hope that is resolved and that the international community will share the financial responsibilities.  Because the supports are in place for those who live there.  And the migrants live there now.  Any two-tier outlook on social supports will fuel unrest.  As it should because its unjust and inhumane.

I appreciate you not reducing my statements to an accusation of generalized racism.  I do.  But I also think its worth pointing out that I've never felt a need to end a statement with 'don't call me racist for the things I've just said.'  

If I could I'd invite you for a Fika (which I believe is a coffee break with a more intentional kinda tone?).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Actually it does "change much" as this thread is about Immigrants/ refugees and this person was neither as he was a French citizen born in Paris so has nothing to do with the topic unless you are trying to equate all Muslims as terrorists..............

Not French background. No, I'm not trying to equate all Muslims as terrorists. And I don't have a problem if someone from Iran or some other muslim country wants a better life and moves to France or elsewhere. Having said that, the Islam has a very serious problem they are not addressing. They need to make all kind of changes, only Mulism communities around the world can do that. Unfortunately they have religious and political leaders brainwashing people and turning them into criminals. That has to stop once and for all and only they can stop it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, soon said:

I apprettiate you taking time to respond and I read at is being a constructive response.  I think I understand you a bit better and that some of what you explain makes me more comfortable with your sentiments.  Not everything though.  I think we still have vastly different perspectives.  I don't believe you plotted to create a narrative out of thin air to bash refugees but I do believe the narrative you embrace is not accurate and that it does in fact bash migrants.

I think the type of Nationalism that needs to claim to be or have been the "best country in the world" is a dangerous one.  I prefer Italian meatballs, but the boxed furniture is fantastic.  You live in a very fine country.  No more.  No less.  One really cool feature of your country is the impressive social supports.  The financial toll of welcoming migrants is a real issue and Im sure it is happening so fast that it is competing with funding for your countries pre-existing social supports.  I do hope that is resolved and that the international community will share the financial responsibilities.  Because the supports are in place for those who live there.  And the migrants live there now.  Any two-tier outlook on social supports will fuel unrest.  As it should because its unjust and inhumane.

I appreciate you not reducing my statements to an accusation of generalized racism.  I do.  But I also think its worth pointing out that I've never felt a need to end a statement with 'don't call me racist for the things I've just said.'  

If I could I'd invite you for a Fika (which I believe is a coffee break with a more intentional kinda tone?).  

Sweden has been labeled the best country in the world based on social security, education, freedom and other things we value highly, by independent international studies. I don't think estranged_85 is being overly nationalist by saying that. I can say it, I'm not a Swede, no no nationalism here. It's an objective fact. Why do you think so disproportionately many refugees wanted to go to Sweden, even if it's high up north and they have a shitty climate? Because it is a good country to live in, because of the social security. That's why they chose Sweden and not Portugal, for instance.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Sweden has been labeled the best country in the world based on social security, education, freedom and other things we value highly, by independent international studies. I don't think estranged_85 is being overly nationalist by saying that. I can say it, I'm not a Swede, no no nationalism here. It's an objective fact. Why do you think so disproportionately many refugees wanted to go to Sweden, even if it's high up north and they have a shitty climate? Because it is a good country to live in, because of the social security. That's why they chose Sweden and not Portugal, for instance.

Id prefer to let people speak for themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, soon said:

Id prefer to let people speak for themselves.

Just telling you why I think you're off with labeling poster dangerously nationalist by pointing out he or she was merely stating an objective fact. I hope that's alright with you. Jesus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lio said:

Just telling you why I think you're off with labeling poster dangerously nationalist by pointing out he or she was merely stating an objective fact. I hope that's alright with you. Jesus.

Sorry if that was offensive.  It is true that in part you were speaking for your self so I could've honoured the portions that were on your own behalf.  And to those points Id just point out that I made it clear that I understand Sweeden has great social supports.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, estranged_85 said:

@Lio just said exactly what i was to lazy to write myself :P

Facts support that its a very nice place to live.  Which is something I agreed with in no uncertain terms.  Your opinions are that it is no longer.  Got it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, soon said:

Facts support that its a very nice place to live.  Which is something I agreed with in no uncertain terms.  Your opinions are that it is no longer.  Got it!

Yes, it's still a nice place to live in or to travel in. But some of the bigger citys and the suburbs have big trouble with riots and other stuff (what i have stated) writing on my phone right now.. so im not gonna write an essay but i hope you get what i am saying ?✌

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...