NITL media silence promoting attention on nuGNR?

Thanks for all the broad perspectives and different approaches to the question so far!  Based on such incredible responses I think I can ask a better question then I did in my original post:  

Is the NITL media silence inadvertently highlighting nuGNR with in the hardcore fanbase?  And wouldn't it be typical the GNR circus if it was the case that during nuGNR no one could discuss Slash in order to highlight nuGNR, but now that Slash is back but Slash cant talk, its actually still highlighting nuGNR?

i had no idea who any of the nuGuns guys were, never saw pics or heard the music until i joined this forum:shrugs: I followed Guns up to '94ish and came back when i heard about the reunion. Fuck me!! what a shocker when i saw/listened to nuGuns. I am happy with missing out on all that circus. I tried to like nuGuns but i just ain't happening.I'm perfectly ok with this nostalgia tour.

• Like 3

I've been a hardcore fan of GNR since 87. It's not highlighting nuGNR for me at all. I was glad when that moron looking guy with a bucket and a stupid Michael Myers mask was gone from my favorite band along with that alien looking Finck. Granted, I do have to admit that Fink brought Better, which is a good song on CD.

Lets just enjoy having Axl, Slash and Duff back!!! This is THE HIGHLIGHT for me!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I've been a hardcore fan of GNR since 87. It's not highlighting nuGNR for me at all. I was glad when that moron looking guy with a bucket and a stupid Michael Myers mask was gone from my favorite band along with that alien looking Finck. Granted, I do have to admit that Fink brought Better, which is a good song on CD.

Lets just enjoy having Axl, Slash and Duff back!!! This is THE HIGHLIGHT for me!  

That moron looking guy contributed the bridge for Better

4 hours ago, soon said:

Thanks for all the broad perspectives and different approaches to the question so far!  Based on such incredible responses I think I can ask a better question then I did in my original post:  

Is the NITL media silence inadvertently highlighting nuGNR with in the hardcore fanbase?  And wouldn't it be typical the GNR circus if it was the case that during nuGNR no one could discuss Slash in order to highlight nuGNR, but now that Slash is back but Slash cant talk, its actually still highlighting nuGNR?

Naw. Why would it highlight band members that have long since came and went? 

Only reason that era is even brought up is because there is small portion of the fanbase that was a fan of those NuGNR lineups and people are bored and there is not a whole lot to talk about since everything is sworn to such secrecy with GNR. 

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i had no idea who any of the nuGuns guys were, never saw pics or heard the music until i joined this forum:shrugs: I followed Guns up to '94ish and came back when i heard about the reunion. Fuck me!! what a shocker when i saw/listened to nuGuns. I am happy with missing out on all that circus. I tried to like nuGuns but i just ain't happening.I'm perfectly ok with this nostalgia tour.

Out of likes...but yes! This is me too exactly how you said it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

I joined the forums in 2015 when the reunion talk gathered momentum and I wanted information, up unti then I had no clue about the members of NuGnR. So I couldn't tell you if the lack of Slash discussion highlighted nuGnR or not. I don't think the band currently being quiet is highlighting NuGNR in the least. I think it's just the nature of the forum to compare what we have now with past manifestations of the band. If anything lack of information has forced discussions about Izzy, Steven, and Ummm.....billboards. ?

• Like 2

On 23 March 2017 at 8:30 AM, Tadsy said:

The nu guns era isn't anything my friends talk about, in fact it's kind of forgotten completely. Except for when we went to the first night in Sydney and a few of my friends were like, why did we get 3 CD songs, 2 ac/dc songs and the seeker ? and missed a few fan favourites everyone wants to hear! 

point of the story is this, other than obsessed hardcore fans like us, no one is talking about CD, no one is talking about brain, ashba, Pittman or that weirdo that used to wear a kfc bucket on his head! ?the casual fans that really are more interested than the people who just happen to sing along to SCOM on the radio are really only talking about GNR because of slash, duff and Axl touring together for the first time in 23 years. And getting nostalgic over that. 

The NITL group aren't talking because Axl prefers it that way. It's got nothing to do with promoting nugnr, or anything like that, it's simply Axl would prefer less hassles, and he doesn't need the media anymore or the crap that brings with it. 

As for the rest, well, people on here calling them a nostalgia band are jumping the gun IMO, the guys haven't done a full loop of the planet yet since they got back together, if this is still the case in 18 months cool, I'll agree, but I think we should allow them to finish this tour run and complete the loop and then see what happens, THEN we can make some judgments.  

I think sometimes you have to let artists be artists to allow them to continue. Often times it does seem like those artistic things are only of interest to die hards. But I guess the casuals will be on board  once they get the Axl and Slash material. Or maybe they won't, that might be why artists try to hold on to something of their own. Either way CD was a part of Axl's journey in GNR. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wasted said:

I think sometimes you have to let artists be artists to allow them to continue. Often times it does seem like those artistic things are only of interest to die hards. But I guess the casuals will be on board  once they get the Axl and Slash material. Or maybe they won't, that might be why artists try to hold on to something of their own. Either way CD was a part of Axl's journey in GNR. 

I'd never slag anyone off for loving CD, and I get it was part of axls journey and it means a lot to him, etc but it's not something I'm into. 

In terms of what happens next, I'm not the type of fan that wants everything yesterday. I consider myself a pretty big fan of the band, and I do frequent this forum, but my life doesn't depend on a new album, if we get one, sweet! I'll be chuffed! If we don't, I've come to grips with the catalogue we have and I'll play it till I'm in a box ?

I'm really enjoying this tour, and I hope the band is too, if this is it, I've enjoyed it, if it's not, then great... I'll see what happens next. 

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

I'd never slag anyone off for loving CD, and I get it was part of axls journey and it means a lot to him, etc but it's not something I'm into. 

In terms of what happens next, I'm not the type of fan that wants everything yesterday. I consider myself a pretty big fan of the band, and I do frequent this forum, but my life doesn't depend on a new album, if we get one, sweet! I'll be chuffed! If we don't, I've come to grips with the catalogue we have and I'll play it till I'm in a box ?

I'm really enjoying this tour, and I hope the band is too, if this is it, I've enjoyed it, if it's not, then great... I'll see what happens next. 

True I feel like they've done enough to be legends before CD was out. Maybe we'll get a Moonbean Levels before the reaper takes us.