The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

And he was throwing up, right? That sounds like it’s supposed to be a symbol that he regrets what he’s done. 

I guess. Since I love JDM it would be cool for Negan to come around and regret what he has done. I think seeing his old stomping grounds showed him that and having 6 years to think and Judith almost shooting him. lol That kid is something.

I think it might take the characters to believe Negan, but with those whisperers just around the corner, Negan's smarts will be needed. I'm glad he returned to Alexandria.

I have to say this may have been the first episode where I haven’t even thought about Rick once. It looks like the show will make it after all. Although with Michonne leaving...

The only one from the old gang there was Daryl, and it still worked. Glad it turned out quite well with the new girl. And I hope they get rid of the Alpha quickly; after all, they seem to be just a small gang. Curious about Negan, too.

The Alpha leader is one crazy bitch! lol Anyway, this group scares me because they don't believe you can have a better life in this time and that's people with nothing to lose.

Honestly, I don't like her daughter either, but I can go either way for the two guys they captured and want to trade her for. I haven't really gotten invested in many characters after so many of the main ones from the beginning have died. This new group that is living in the Hilltop now, I could care less about.

Also this might terrible and Lord knows I never would harm a kid, but honestly, that baby with the Whisperers will most likely grow up to be a savage like them, so if Daryl and company "light them up" would it be so bad? I mean how can any baby or child grow up to be a good caring person being raised by Alpha?

Also, since Alpha has made the world out to be a very bad place with nothing but bad people, shouldn't some of her followers question her now that they've seen the Hilltop? I mean her daughter has realized there are some good people with nice places to live now?

I don't know, I just think Alpha was bad from the get go and this change in the world, just made her real horrible sadistic self come out and play.

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely. I do like the daughter though. 

Well, the daughter is realizing her mother has lied about everything and seeing the Hilltop hopefully she realizes that there can be hope for the future with good people in it.

I just don't want a huge war developing over this girl. I think eventually all the other places will have to band together to fight these savages, which is what my tv grid is calling them. lol

If you can catch the Talking Dead. They point out things that many of us wouldn't normally think about or know about. It gives good insight to the episodes each week, with many cool guests from TWD and other fans.

7 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I finally watched Sunday's episode.

Am I the only one that cannot stand that Henry kid? When Alpha's daughter was reaching for the hammer I wanted her to hit him with it. So annoying, lol.

No I'm with you. He's a typical naïve teen who trusts this girl, why I don't know? Daryl needs to reign him in. Maybe once he sees the whisperers and how they are, he'll understand to keep his mouth shut!

You know he's the brother of the original Henry. They were all on the Talking Dead and Sophia from the first season is their sister. Guess this whole family are actors.

I say we give the whisperers that girl (forgot her name already) lol and Henry. lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SunnyDRE said:

The original Henry was a better actor. 

Yeah, this kid is annoying.  He is not thinking or seeing the whole picture. Some people's lives suck in today's world and their world. That's the way it is.

anyway, nice seeing Jesus again even in a flashback.

All in all last night's episode was a happy one so you know next week's from the preview will be a bitch!

Not surprised as to how Alpha "welcomed" her daughter Lydia back into the fold. what they did to the baby was just plain horrible. I mean you may live like an animal, but you don't have to act like one. This Alpha is one mean bitch with no humanity left in her at all.

William is going to pay the price for being impulsive. I just hope no one else pays for his dumbness.

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, this kid is annoying.  He is not thinking or seeing the whole picture. Some people's lives suck in today's world and their world. That's the way it is.

anyway, nice seeing Jesus again even in a flashback.

All in all last night's episode was a happy one so you know next week's from the preview will be a bitch!

Not surprised as to how Alpha "welcomed" her daughter Lydia back into the fold. what they did to the baby was just plain horrible. I mean you may live like an animal, but you don't have to act like one. This Alpha is one mean bitch with no humanity left in her at all.

William is going to pay the price for being impulsive. I just hope no one else pays for his dumbness.

I meant Henry. lol

Anyone else kinda lost on what they’ve done with Carol’s character?

Yeah, I get that she’s found happiness with Ezekiel now, but before that she seemed to develop into this really deep character, torn by what this world had made her into. 

Now, she’s seems like an airy fairy carefree lady, happy and kinda oblivious to the character she was before. 

Edited by metallex78

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Anyone else kinda lost on what they’ve done with Carol’s character?

Yeah, I get that she’s found happiness with Ezekiel now, but before that she seemed to develop into this really deep character, torn by what this world had made her into. 

Now, she’s seems like an airy fairy carefree lady, happy and kinda oblivious to the character she was before. 

Except when she went 'crazy Carol' and burnt that group alive! :lol:

I get what you mean, though. 

• Like 1

Well, there is a hint from one of the producers that Carol and Alpha might face off against each other. They talked about when Carol went off on the Terminus leader and said that was nothing compared to what she and Alpha's fight might be.

I have a bad feeling the King might die this season. I hope I'm wrong, but those Whisperers are just plain crazy and I did see a scene where the Beta guy was going after the king. I hate it when good characters die. I really love him and Carol together. But you know everytime someone is happy it doesn't last in this horrible world.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

I guess in this horrible world no one is safe. I'm still upset over the show killing Shiva even though it was a fake tiger. lol

Well, that Alpha and Beta characters are totally nuts and don't give a shit about human life, so this is going to be brutal.

I'm wondering which way Negan will go once he finds out about this group?

Okay last night's episode was scary. You are really getting a feel for how dangerous Alpha and now Beta really are. I'm afraid for the other characters. I think Alpha is worse than the Governor and Negan put together. She has no empathy at all and that makes her very dangerous to anyone who crosses her.

Damn the next episodes are going to have me sitting at the edge or my seat. I think things are only going to get worse.

I do hope Michonne realizes she might need Negan in the near future.

I’m excited for what the show might do with the comic material in the future.  I hope they stick with some of the comic deaths, because they really drove the story forward and were unexpected. Still disappointed they changed from the comics and killed Jesus though.

Yeah, well the writers like to change up the stories from the comics so there will be surprises.

I know in the coming weeks some characters will probably die. These whisperers are just plain bad and I'm sure now that Daryl saved Henry and Lydia went with him, Alpha won't give up and will kill anyone who gets in her way.

I don't get it? I know Beta is a big bad ass, but there are tons of people and if they all attacked Alpha and Beta they could kill them both and then just try to leave and join a more civilized group. I don't understand people just blindly following a bunch of crazies especially when now they know there are other groups out there who live better. It's just like a cult mentality all over again.

Henry's actions are going to be the death of someone or multiple someones, I just feel it.

I guess because Henry hasn't had a lot of friends his own age, he doesn't know that someone his own age can lie. The boy needs to learn some common sense.

Loved how Daryl used a page from Alpha's play book and put on a walker mask. lol

I just know this Sunday's episode is going to be shocking! It's been too quiet.