The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

I liked the first half of this season a lot, but the second half is less intriguing. Henry is a bit annoying as well.

Oh God, yeah Henry is super annoying. If he got killed, I wouldn't miss him at all. I still say Lydia is playing him.

Love the new gang, the Highway men. We need new good groups because once those Whisperers come knocking, it's going to be bloody.

Just 3 more episodes for this season.

I still don't get how the walkers don't know they are human? I thought you had to have their walker blood on you to remove your smell like back in the first seasons?

Is wearing the walker mask enough to confuse them? Weird.

22 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm a week behind, but really enjoyed the episode I watched. 

Alpha cutting the head off one of her own. If it wasn't for 'Henry's' terrible acting, that moment would have been completely awesome.

lol Yeah, Henry has to go, but since he's annoying, we'll probably have to endure him longer. Still say Lydia is playing him and spying for alpha.

The fight scene with Beta and Daryl was awesome! I don't think it's the end we'll see of these two hooking up!

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I still don't get how the walkers don't know they are human? I thought you had to have their walker blood on you to remove your smell like back in the first seasons?

Is wearing the walker mask enough to confuse them? Weird.

Didn't Michonne walk among walkers before she joined the group? She managed to do that by having two walkers on a leash if I remember correctly, she could blend in that way.

22 hours ago, EvanG said:

Didn't Michonne walk among walkers before she joined the group? She managed to do that by having two walkers on a leash if I remember correctly, she could blend in that way.

Yeah, I guess. I guess that's why they whisper? Whatever! I love when one of them gets shot with an arrow and cries out and then the real walkers jump on them and eat them. lol

• Like 1

Compared to the Negan’s horde, the Whisperers are nothing. I mean, how many of them are there, and what kind of weapons do they have?

Anyway, I like Lydia, and I trust her. A different question is what would she do if there was like a deathmatch between a good guy and her mother, with her watching. Anyway, she seems to be a clear soul.

The Beta motherfucker will definitely appear in the last episode, right, and the way I see it – having known TWD since the beginning like all of you – someone’s bound to kick the bucket on that occasion, that’s out of the question. :D

Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be a major death before the season is up. Alpha wants her daughter back, not for love, but because she owns her and doesn't like to lose. You can see she's just a psycho.

I'm sure Beta will be the one to kill some character before the end. Doubt it'll be Daryl. He'll be on until the end.

I would love to see someone maybe Carol, kick Alpha's ass. Maggie might have been able to do it, but who knows where she is?

Still don't trust Lydia. I do hope I'm wrong about her and she's not just messing with Henry's mind, but he is still annoying.

Very good episode last night.

We found out how Michonne and Daryl got those scars on their back. Very shocking!

Only two episodes left and it looks to be crazy!

Good to see Negan again. Would love for him to join the group. I think he can be trusted now and would be glad to help against the Whisperers.

On another note: Ride with Norman Reedus last night had his good friend Sean Patrick Flannery from The Boondocks Saints movies and they visited Dallas and Oliver Peck, the tattoo artist who has his shop in Deep Ellum. My brother is also a friend of his and his g/f. Oliver is a very cool guy. They met in his shop and also had a cook out in his home. What a home! Oliver is a very unique guy.

Last night was the season finale with Marilyn Manson.

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

Michonne getting cut in her pregnant belly must have been one of the most disturbing moments in The Walking Dead so far.

Yeah, that freaked me out too. If I didn't know she had the baby okay, I would have thought she would have lost it then and there.

I have a bad feeling this Sunday one of our beloved characters is going to die! All these weeks just seems that it's been leading up to something very bad. I went forward on my cable grid and next Sunday's the last episode and it states how everyone is trying to deal with a great loss and I don't think this season will end well at all.

I guess next season will continue with the Whisperers? I don't know since I don't read the comics, but I think they might be around for a bit.

I do hope after the terrible loss, Negan has more of a part in helping out again. I do trust him more than I trust Lydia. I'm still not sure if we can trust her?

I also cringed when Michonne and Daryl were branded! God just getting a tiny burn hurts like a bitch. I can't imagine being branded especially on your back. Damn.

Love when she and Daryl fought back. I wanted all of those kids dead lol

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grouse said:

Oh wow didnt see that one coming at all, damn awesome twist.

They really need a certain someone to get even for that!

Unleash the negan! 

Yeah, I'm hoping Negan joins the gang. Alpha needs to get hers and Carol will be the woman to do it.

Such a shocking show. I do admit I cried for some. Just when you think TWD calms down, they zing you with an episode like this one.

Fear the Walking Dead comes back in June and I think it'll be a great season for them too.

I would love to hear Rick's voice over the radio. That would be awesome!

Still don't trust Lydia. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't trust her. Just a bad feeling about her.

I do hope Negan gets released to help out against the whisperers, because they are just horrible. Seeing all those walkers last night made me cringe. It'll never end. it made me sick.

18 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Really smart twist having different heads on the spikes than the comics. 

Makes it alot more interesting.

Yeah, but I was shocked!  I really liked Tara. I think she had the makings of a great leader. So many good characters lost their lives on Sunday's show.

I really want Alpha's head on a spike now after she's shot through the head! Damn her! She is just brutal

I didn’t expect the scene to come in this episode, I was thinking it would be the finale. But throughout the episode I was picking out people to die on the spikes. I was correct in all of them except Henry. I was expecting them to go the comics route and pick Ezekiel. Henry was starting to be Carl from the comics and now it’s liek they have killed Carl twice, meanwhile the comics still have him as a badass. 

Yeah, The talking dead was comparing Henry to Carl. I knew he would be on a spike once they showed each of them. Also by Alpha's look she gave Henry. What a bitch! No maternal instincts at all.

Well, I saw a preview of next week's finale and there's a big snow storm to contend with.

I'm hoping they show how exactly Alpha picked those people and how she captured them? I also felt bad for the Highway men too. I liked them and they never got to see a movie! Poor bastards!

Scott Gimple said there will be some interesting walkers with the snow storm.

I would think they would freeze, but maybe not? On Z Nation they had zombies in the North Pole, but they froze. lol It was funny to see them!

Anyway, I'm sure the season finale will be shocking as well and have us talking until October or November.

No word on when Rick's movies will air yet. Hope it's soon.

Great way to end the season.

Can't wait for season 10. I'm so happy Negan did something so wonderful that maybe everyone will give him a chance now. So glad "dog" is safe too.

Great snow scenes. Hard to believe the snow wasn't real.

Alpha and Beta are just plain crazy. I know next season is going to be a life or death thing for them and everyone else.

Fear the Walking dead comes back in June. I think somehow Dwight is going to join them too.

AMC has some interesting shows coming up. There's a new show about witches and vampires and then in the summer it's another show about vampires. Cant' wait for Preacher to return too!

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

Holy shit, that’s what I call literal overkill. I’m talking about the penultimate episode, I only saw it yesterday. I’m gonna watch the last one today. 

Yeah, that was a shocking episode.

The Talking Dead covered some things last night that are in the comics, but might be different in the show. Guess time will tell.

On 1-4-2019 at 9:46 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

'm so happy Negan did something so wonderful that maybe everyone will give him a chance now.

He's an interesting character, but it wouldn't be realistic... in real life, would you give someone a chance who killed two of your friends by beating them to death with a baseball bat and a smile on his face, and not to forget all the other people he killed?

But seeing as it's a TV show, that's probably exactly what will happen.

Edited by EvanG

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

He's an interesting character, but it wouldn't be realistic... in real life, would you give someone a chance who killed two of your friends by beating them to death with a baseball bat and a smile on his face, and not to forget all the other people he killed?

But seeing as it's a TV show, that's probably exactly what will happen.

Yeah, but honestly, how many people have they all killed.

I mean Rick had to kill Shane back in the day.

I think in this fucked up world, to fight Alpha and Beta you need someone who's going to kill without any thought or regret.

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Everyone of the characters has had to kill to stay alive. I mean Carol killed and set fire to the rest of the saviors. Can't wait to see how she'll tell Negan this story whenever she meets him.

I also think since JDM is a great actor, TWD will have to give him a bigger role or he might just walk away. 

Since next year is the last year for the show Supernatural, JDM just might want to go back to this show for some remaining episodes. He said it already in an interview. He's appeared in one episode this season and said if the show ere to end he would definitely want to be back.

• 3 weeks later...