The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I liked it. The new bad guys are very crazy. I do hope they get theirs next season.

I am now watching Fear the walking dead and it seems to me that those people don't get the crazies that TWD gets. Maybe Morgan and Dwight are lucky to be in Texas and not Atlanta. The new Walking Dead season begins in October.

Preacher begins on August 4 and it's their last season. Love this show. Hate to see it go, but I do realize there's not much else this show can do. Maybe this show doesn't have as many comics as TWD does.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:39 PM, AtariLegend said:

There probably should be another thread about how the comics just ended.

Well, there's a show called The Talking Dead that airs after TWD shows in the fall and sometimes they interview the writers or producers, etc, and they said they like to change the show from the comics so fans won't know what's coming up.

I never read the comics, so the show is all new to me. I know the writers have made a lot of changes due to actors leaving or just to move the story in a different direction.

Guess when it comes back in October, we'll see what changes the writers do this time around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m really looking forward to those Rick movies and what they’ll do with the characters and resolve their story arc. 
Other than that: Rick gone, Maggie gone, Michonne soon to be gone... Who’s left from the remnants? Daryl and Carol. Plus da King and Negan, let’s say. I don’t know, man. But ok, I’m still a fan. Hope the Alpha group won’t take more than one other season though – after all, Negan’s horde was a way trickier enemy. 
Then what? 

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

I’m really looking forward to those Rick movies and what they’ll do with the characters and resolve their story arc. 
Other than that: Rick gone, Maggie gone, Michonne soon to be gone... Who’s left from the remnants? Daryl and Carol. Plus da King and Negan, let’s say. I don’t know, man. But ok, I’m still a fan. Hope the Alpha group won’t take more than one other season though – after all, Negan’s horde was a way trickier enemy. 
Then what? 

The AMC Rick movies are supposed to be released sometime next year.

Next Sunday, AMC has a preview of the Walking Dead's new season. I heard Negan might be good this year. Not sure how Michonne will leave?

I don't know why anyone would want to leave an amazing show unless you get killed off!

Well, on Fear the Walking Dead, there's only one character who has been on since the beginning. There's another character who came on late in the season, but otherwise many characters have been killed off this show.

This year will be the last year for Preacher. Honestly, I think there's not much else this show can do. It's been crazy from the start, but I do love it and i will miss it. Hope it has a very cool ending.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night at 7 central time, AMC had a Talking Dead show with interviews with cast members and a preview of the Season 10 which begins October 6.

Most of you know this is Michonne's last year and the writer, Angela, said it will be her best!

Also for those of you who read the comics, it was said, the comics just ended suddenly. I've never read them, but maybe the writers want to have surprises for the new season and beyond and not rely on the comics anymore? Who knows?

Anyway, the new season looks awesome!

• 6 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 12:19 PM, jamillos said:

How nobody died in this episode is a mystery! :)

(Something tells me they'll find those two.)

Yeah, I think they found another way out since it seems the Whisperers were coming from different directions. Maybe the should have kept one of them alive to question them about how to get out of the cave? lol Guess in the moment no one thought to do that.

I'm worried about Negan going to the dark side. You know what happens to characters that do that.

Crazy episode on Sunday. I think a lot of damage and deaths are coming before this season ends.

I do hope Carol gets to kill Alpha and Maggie kills Negan. Nothing has been said or done yet, but that's what I want to happen now.

Where is Maggie and Michonne?  Everyone left behind needs major help. The Whisperers are so damn dangerous and so damn organised and it's freaking me out.

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

And Daryl needs to finally kill Beta. Ideally with some funny line, like "and this time, stay down"! 

Yeah I agree. Alpha, Negan and Beta have to go and the rest will fall in line since they're stupid and follow them like walkers.

I'm sure whenever Alpha, Negan and Beta die (hopefully soon) their deaths will be something amazing! lol

Michonne comes back to the show on March 22. I hope she found the weapons that can destroy the horde and kill the whisperers.

Maggie needs to come back too. This time I agree with her that Negan needs to die.

They piss me off with Beta though. He could have been dead at least twice, off the top of my head. In one of the previous episodes – where they just let him lie above the stairs; and now, where they could have shot him with an arrow but chose to shoot just the zombie instead. 
I mean, come on. 

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

They piss me off with Beta though. He could have been dead at least twice, off the top of my head. In one of the previous episodes – where they just let him lie above the stairs; and now, where they could have shot him with an arrow but chose to shoot just the zombie instead. 
I mean, come on. 

I know, he should have shot Beta first. I was hoping that girl zombie would have bitten him since half of his face mask was gone. I mean she was dead already and moving slow, so he should have killed Beta first. I know so many miss chances. I think Beta's death will be some big epic fight between him and Daryl.  I just want them gone before the new season starts in October.

I wonder when Rick's solo shows will be on tv? I also wonder if it'll be into the future or when Rick first disappeared?

The Talking Dead was blacked out on Sunday night. Not sure why? I was curious to see their reactions to that episode.

Next week Michonne's back. Hope Maggie comes back soon too.

Yeah, when Negan told Aaron that, I was like wait a minute. It would have sucked if Aaron killed him. lol

15 hours ago, jamillos said:

So that's why he said "wait, you don't understand, I can explain" to the guy. I thought it was just some bulshitting. 

A bit anticlimatic if you ask me, but still, good riddance. 

I do hope the show goes back to when Negan and Carol got together and cooked up this little plan. I mean when did that happen?

• Like 1