The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

I am curious how the final season will adapt the final arc/ending of the comics.

Keeping in mind (this ain't a spoiler) it revolves around Carl and Rick, who aren't on the show anymore.

I tried watching The World Beyond tonight. It's slower than Fear the Walking Dead with less interesting characters and the first season of Fear bored me to tears.

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I am curious how the final season will adapt the final arc/ending of the comics.

Keeping in mind (this ain't a spoiler) it revolves around Carl and Rick, who aren't on the show anymore.

I tried watching The World Beyond tonight. It's slower than Fear the Walking Dead with less interesting characters and the first season of Fear bored me to tears.

I agree about the World Beyond, but I know eventually the dead world will be linked. The people with the helicopters are the ones who have Rick and they have been on Fear last season, so you never know. I didn't like Fear the first couple of season but then it actually got better. I love Coleman and now Morgan and Dwight. Morgan is a bad ass again, so that bitch better watch out!

Not crazy about the Beyond characters except for the gay guy. He seems to be interesting, but the teens are annoying me right now. lol

I will stick with it because there's nothing else on Sunday night at 9. We shall see how it goes.

As for The Walking Dead there are no more comics to tell more stories, so the writers are on their own. Norman Reedus is excited to see how they continue this series. I'm sure it'll be awesome since they have amazing writers.

The season finale's scene with the walkers going over the cliff was actually from the comics. it was filmed great.

I absolutely loved the season 10 finale. Was a great finish to Beta/The Whisperers.

I also liked the scene with Maggie & Judith. Very emotional as she delivered her in season 3.

Haven't had time to watch World Beyond yet. I'm going to watch a few weeks worth at a time. I feel like that would be better than one week, to be a fair judge on it.

I'm in the minority regarding Fear.

I really liked the first three seasons. It was different than TWD. The soft reboot in season 4 made me lose interest. I don't think Morgan is the right character to lead a show.

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I absolutely loved the season 10 finale. Was a great finish to Beta/The Whisperers.

I also liked the scene with Maggie & Judith. Very emotional as she delivered her in season 3.

Haven't had time to watch World Beyond yet. I'm going to watch a few weeks worth at a time. I feel like that would be better than one week, to be a fair judge on it.

I'm in the minority regarding Fear.

I really liked the first three seasons. It was different than TWD. The soft reboot in season 4 made me lose interest. I don't think Morgan is the right character to lead a show.

Yeah, the actor who plays Beta loved his death scene. lol Norman Reedus suggested he jump up since Beta is so super tall and he actually stabbed him in his eyes and the knife went down and not into his brain. I thought it was fitting that he got eaten by the walkers he lead around. lol

Well, as for Fear I stuck with it and glad I did. I love Lennie James and glad his character of Morgan is on Fear now. The new villain called Virginia can give the Governor a run for his money. I really hate her character. I don't know what it is, but I really hate the female villains more than the men sometimes and this one is a real bitch. She split up the whole group, but I think this will come around to bite her in the ass one day soon. 

Not sure how many episodes Fear was able to film? i know Lennie has been staying in Austin waiting to return to work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Being I don't have cable and have a buddy of mine download the episodes for me. I won't be watching Fear season 6 until I have it all.

I came to this conclusion after finishing the first episode of the season. It was so damn good! Best 'Fear' has been imo, and I can't wait week to week :lol:

So with that, I'll probably do the same with 'World Beyond' (although, I've seen none of that, and it could be crap. Who knows).

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Being I don't have cable and have a buddy of mine download the episodes for me. I won't be watching Fear season 6 until I have it all.

I came to this conclusion after finishing the first episode of the season. It was so damn good! Best 'Fear' has been imo, and I can't wait week to week :lol:

So with that, I'll probably do the same with 'World Beyond' (although, I've seen none of that, and it could be crap. Who knows).

Well, like I sad, Fear started out slow, but then picked up after season 3. Now with Morgan and Dwight and other amazing characters, the show is amazing.

I started watching Beyond, and honestly, it's boring to me. Maybe because I'm not a teenager and it is geared to teens. I'm watching it because there are other characters who fly those helicopters that we've seen in TWD and Fear and I'm figuring they will somehow cross over sooner or later.  

Whenever you start Worth Beyond let me know what you think?

• Like 1

Man this situation sucks, doesn’t it? I mean, it’s completely unprecedented. We'd had the season going till the spring. Then we had to wait half a year for the finale. But once you got the taste for blood TWD back on your tongue, the flow gets interrupted again, and we gotta wait for another quarter at a minimum. Damn!  :max:
#firstworldproblems

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

Man this situation sucks, doesn’t it? I mean, it’s completely unprecedented. We'd had the season going till the spring. Then we had to wait half a year for the finale. But once you got the taste for blood TWD back on your tongue, the flow gets interrupted again, and we gotta wait for another quarter at a minimum. Damn!  :max:
#firstworldproblems

I know the season finale was freaking awesome!  I know the actors are in Atlanta getting ready to film again for early 2021.

I think it's going to be with a few actors at a time being together to keep them safe and well. We'll probably see some of the groups be smaller and go their separate ways for a bit. 

Fear reminds me of the seasons with the governor. The baddie in this is a woman, named Virginia she has separated the characters and makes it seem like everything is great, but it's not. I think she's a little big crazy. lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Filming has already began, so that's exciting.

Apparently the last 6 episodes of season 10 are going to air early in 2021.

Season 11 airing in 2022.

I hope all of Fear season 6 is as good as the first episode.

Cool. I believe there will be arks for certain characters and not the usual large groups. I guess to keep everyone safe and since we finally got rid of the Whisperers and Eugene and his group they can tell different stories with each group.

Just hope all stay safe. It's been a touch year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

So apparently Jeffrey Dean Morgan's real life wife Hilary Burton, has been cast to play Lucille. A Negan prequel/flashback? Exciting!

Really! That's cool. Negan has hinted about her, but I guess since TWD wants to keep the characters to a minimum will will see more of Negan's past. I wonder how Maggie will feel when she sees Negan and find out what he has done to help them out.

Negan was mentioned on Fear last night as Dwight found Shelley and remember she was taken by Negan? Anyway, their reunion was short lived as they both had different agendas to do.

I actually liked the episode of World beyond last night, but those kids can't fight for shit. lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 2:57 AM, F*ck Fear said:

The Walking Dead returns with the final 6 episodes of season 10 on February 28, 2021.

Home Sweet Home

Find me

One More

Splinter

Diverged

Here's Negan

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I think the new shows might have mini movies with just a couple of the characters at one time being together. Can't wait to see the Negan one and find out who he was before the shit hit the fan.

Fear ends tomorrow night. Not sure when it'll return.

Looking forward to TWD new episodes. I will mark my calendar.

• Like 1

I'm going to start watching Fear once Sunday's episode has aired. 

World Beyond ends on November 29.

It seems like these shows started and now they are wrapping up/taking breaks already :lol:

World Beyond ends next Sunday with a 2 hour episode. Not sure if it'll be back again?

I think eventually all 3 Walking dead universe shows will merge into one.

Fear ends tonight. This show has gotten so much better than the original first 2 seasons.

I'm going to start watching Fear once Sunday's episode has aired. 

World Beyond ends on November 29.

It seems like these shows started and now they are wrapping up/taking breaks already :lol:

Sorry yeah, next week is November 29. Sometimes I don't know what the damn date is and I have a calendar in every room. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Robert Patrick will be in the new episodes! B-)

Wow! The Terminator guy. Awesome!

Well, JDM has said he thinks he was a used car salesman since he was able to convince all those people to join him. lol

Last night's finale of Fear was very interesting.  I do hope Coleman isn't into Jenny like he says he's in. I love this character and would hate for him to turn away from the other people.  At least we know where Grace is. Hopefully, Morgan will eventually find everyone and get them to safety and finish off Jenny. I think her sister Dakota has some mental issues and that's why Jenny is always worried about her. I also think she killed someone in one of the townsships and Jenny knows it.

Something came out on World Beyond, but I wasn't surprised by it. Guess there is a fox in the hen house now.

Next week is the season finale of WB. I still say eventually these 3 WD worlds will collide one day. Not really crazy about any of those teens.

Negan was a school gym teacher. 

I am so excited that we finally get the Negan backstory. I've been waiting since he debuted on the show.

Now that Fear has taken the mid-season break, I'll start watching that, this weekend. Season 6 episode 1 was absolutely stellar, so I look forward to that.

Still haven't watch WB as I'll wait for all the episodes to air, so I can binge watch.

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I am so excited that we finally get the Negan backstory. I've been waiting since he debuted on the show.

Now that Fear has taken the mid-season break, I'll start watching that, this weekend. Season 6 episode 1 was absolutely stellar, so I look forward to that.

Still haven't watch WB as I'll wait for all the episodes to air, so I can binge watch.

Dude, what? Was that in the show and I missed it? Because if this Negan info is from the comic, I still consider that a spoiler, even if they don't always go by it... 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Dude, what? Was that in the show and I missed it? Because if this Negan info is from the comic, I still consider that a spoiler, even if they don't always go by it... 

It's from the comics. Being they may not go that way on the show is why I said it. 

Sorry if I spoiled anything, wasn't meaning to be a dick.

33 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

It's from the comics. Being they may not go that way on the show is why I said it. 

Sorry if I spoiled anything, wasn't meaning to be a dick.

Right, no problem man, but given the fact the comics are the original model/artwork after all, it is not advisable to give away any story lines/info from them, even if they eventually vary from the TV version. It's still a spoiler. 

So a gym teacher, huh. Wouldn't have guessed that one...

On 11/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Wow Negan was a gym teacher? Interesting. I can't wait to see his story. I think since the pandemic is here while they are filming, it was a good time to separate the characters while telling their own stories. I saw some previews of TWD. I see Maggie, but not sure if she's seen Negan yet? Should be something to see!

Fear comes back in 2021 too. They are back to fiming, but they film in Austin Texas.

Well, not really into the World Beyond, but i think eventually they will connect the 3 shows, so i do want to see that. It's mostly about the teens and not too fond of any of them right now. I felt that way about Fear too, but as time went on the episodes get better and the characters changed for the better. Maybe this show will grow on me? lol