The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

On 9/9/2020 at 4:22 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Yeah, I heard that about a year or so ago. I would imagine it will just end, but continue off camera unless everyone dies? I still say the government started this virus and it got out of hand. Sound familiar?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I said before in this thread, what I don't like is that it is becoming less realistic. They could have easily killed Negan while having their little dialogue when they were standing behind the fenc

ALL OUT FUCKING WAR

OMG! Thank goodness because I was already dreading it! lol Okay, got my new TV guide and it had an article about TWD. They will begin filming a Rick Grimes movie in the new year and yes, And

15 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I heard that about a year or so ago. I would imagine it will just end, but continue off camera unless everyone dies? I still say the government started this virus and it got out of hand. Sound familiar?

A Carole & Daryl spinoff shows me they survive the main show, lol.

The other spinoff is Tales Of The Walking Dead, where they bring back dead characters like Glenn. Sounds interesting.

I just want those damn Rick Grimes movies. To me, TWD has always been his story.

In re-watching FTWD from the beginning, I see why I lose interest in it. There are no intriguing characters. Everything is forgettable.

6 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

A Carole & Daryl spinoff shows me they survive the main show, lol.

The other spinoff is Tales Of The Walking Dead, where they bring back dead characters like Glenn. Sounds interesting.

I just want those damn Rick Grimes movies. To me, TWD has always been his story.

In re-watching FTWD from the beginning, I see why I lose interest in it. There are no intriguing characters. Everything is forgettable.

Yeah, but after a few s season Fear got much better. Now with Morgan and Dwight added to this show, it's so much more interesting.

You should try to check it out again.

Yeah, will Carol and Daryl ever get together? It looked like Daryl might have had something with the deaf girl, but she's still missing. Hope she's not dead. I did like her better than those other two women.

Well, who knows when the Rick movies can get filmed? With this virus some shows can tape and some don't.

AMC is having another show in the dead series. It has younger characters from another part of the country. I might check it out? 

I'm still waiting for TNT to have the finale season of "claws" and Animal Kingdom. Not sure if/when the will start filming?

22 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm currently on season 2 of FTWD. I'm going to do my best to trudge through and catch up before October.

World Beyond looks pretty good but it's only going to be a Limited Event. 2 seasons.

Okay, I didn't know about the new Dead show? Okay. It begins on October 4. Might check it out.

I know I watched Fear and was annoyed sometimes too, but I did like the main actor. Once these people find a safe haven on this ranch, things start to get exciting and alot of action and some crazy characters.

I think the new Dead show will show more of the start of the disease and beyond. I will check it out and hope it's good.

There's no wonder S11 is the last one - since most of the main characters are gone, now including Michonne. I'm definitely looking forward to the Rick movies - yes, for me as well, it was always mainly about him. In fact, it could be a nice mini series if they split each of the three movies in half. 

I might give some of the spin-offs a shot, I don't know. 

We definitely need a closure regarding the current Rick/Michonne situation and also Negan. And Daryl should finally shag Carol! 

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

There's no wonder S11 is the last one - since most of the main characters are gone, now including Michonne. I'm definitely looking forward to the Rick movies - yes, for me as well, it was always mainly about him. In fact, it could be a nice mini series if they split each of the three movies in half. 

I might give some of the spin-offs a shot, I don't know. 

We definitely need a closure regarding the current Rick/Michonne situation and also Negan. And Daryl should finally shag Carol! 

I agree with your words. I'm hoping when they film the Rick shows, Michonne will make an appearance and finally find Rick. I think he might be in Europe somewhere, but who knows?

I stuck with Fear the Walking dead, so I will continue to watch it. Might try the new show in the "dead" series too.

October seems to be the month for new shows. Can't wait to see the final 7 episodes of Supernatural. I know I will cry for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Chris Hardwick had a special Walking Dead show on AMC. He had actors from all three of the Dead series. The Walking Dead will end in 2022. There are still more shows to season 10. Not sure when they will air, but the season finale is Sunday and the new show The World beyond begins right after. Then the following Sunday Fear the Walking dead is back!

Can't wait to see the finale to this season. I do hope Beta gets his. And they somehow get rid of that hoarde.

Come on already! :D

Thing is, I don't have a TV, and wouldn't be able to access this channel anyway, so I'm pirating it, which means I have to wait till tomorrow. 

Oh well. 

last night's finale was freaking awesome!

so much action and surprises! I was screaming for most of the show!

Can't wait for the final 6 episodes. I think they will start filming in Atlanta soon. Norman and Melissa were on the Talking Dead last night and everyone is getting ready for the next step.

Also Norman and Melissa confirmed that after the Walking Dead series ends in 2022, there will be a spin off of Daryl and Carol. 

Anyway, Greg N who directs so many of the shows did one hell of a job with last night's finale.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious how the final season will adapt the final arc/ending of the comics.

Keeping in mind (this ain't a spoiler) it revolves around Carl and Rick, who aren't on the show anymore.

I tried watching The World Beyond tonight. It's slower than Fear the Walking Dead with less interesting characters and the first season of Fear bored me to tears.

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I am curious how the final season will adapt the final arc/ending of the comics.

Keeping in mind (this ain't a spoiler) it revolves around Carl and Rick, who aren't on the show anymore.

I tried watching The World Beyond tonight. It's slower than Fear the Walking Dead with less interesting characters and the first season of Fear bored me to tears.

I agree about the World Beyond, but I know eventually the dead world will be linked. The people with the helicopters are the ones who have Rick and they have been on Fear last season, so you never know. I didn't like Fear the first couple of season but then it actually got better. I love Coleman and now Morgan and Dwight. Morgan is a bad ass again, so that bitch better watch out!

Not crazy about the Beyond characters except for the gay guy. He seems to be interesting, but the teens are annoying me right now. lol

I will stick with it because there's nothing else on Sunday night at 9. We shall see how it goes.

As for The Walking Dead there are no more comics to tell more stories, so the writers are on their own. Norman Reedus is excited to see how they continue this series. I'm sure it'll be awesome since they have amazing writers.

The season finale's scene with the walkers going over the cliff was actually from the comics. it was filmed great.

I absolutely loved the season 10 finale. Was a great finish to Beta/The Whisperers.

I also liked the scene with Maggie & Judith. Very emotional as she delivered her in season 3.

Haven't had time to watch World Beyond yet. I'm going to watch a few weeks worth at a time. I feel like that would be better than one week, to be a fair judge on it.

I'm in the minority regarding Fear.

I really liked the first three seasons. It was different than TWD. The soft reboot in season 4 made me lose interest. I don't think Morgan is the right character to lead a show.

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I absolutely loved the season 10 finale. Was a great finish to Beta/The Whisperers.

I also liked the scene with Maggie & Judith. Very emotional as she delivered her in season 3.

Haven't had time to watch World Beyond yet. I'm going to watch a few weeks worth at a time. I feel like that would be better than one week, to be a fair judge on it.

I'm in the minority regarding Fear.

I really liked the first three seasons. It was different than TWD. The soft reboot in season 4 made me lose interest. I don't think Morgan is the right character to lead a show.

Yeah, the actor who plays Beta loved his death scene. lol Norman Reedus suggested he jump up since Beta is so super tall and he actually stabbed him in his eyes and the knife went down and not into his brain. I thought it was fitting that he got eaten by the walkers he lead around. lol

Well, as for Fear I stuck with it and glad I did. I love Lennie James and glad his character of Morgan is on Fear now. The new villain called Virginia can give the Governor a run for his money. I really hate her character. I don't know what it is, but I really hate the female villains more than the men sometimes and this one is a real bitch. She split up the whole group, but I think this will come around to bite her in the ass one day soon. 

Not sure how many episodes Fear was able to film? i know Lennie has been staying in Austin waiting to return to work.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Being I don't have cable and have a buddy of mine download the episodes for me. I won't be watching Fear season 6 until I have it all.

I came to this conclusion after finishing the first episode of the season. It was so damn good! Best 'Fear' has been imo, and I can't wait week to week :lol:

So with that, I'll probably do the same with 'World Beyond' (although, I've seen none of that, and it could be crap. Who knows).

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Being I don't have cable and have a buddy of mine download the episodes for me. I won't be watching Fear season 6 until I have it all.

I came to this conclusion after finishing the first episode of the season. It was so damn good! Best 'Fear' has been imo, and I can't wait week to week :lol:

So with that, I'll probably do the same with 'World Beyond' (although, I've seen none of that, and it could be crap. Who knows).

Well, like I sad, Fear started out slow, but then picked up after season 3. Now with Morgan and Dwight and other amazing characters, the show is amazing.

I started watching Beyond, and honestly, it's boring to me. Maybe because I'm not a teenager and it is geared to teens. I'm watching it because there are other characters who fly those helicopters that we've seen in TWD and Fear and I'm figuring they will somehow cross over sooner or later.  

Whenever you start Worth Beyond let me know what you think?

• Like 1

Man this situation sucks, doesn’t it? I mean, it’s completely unprecedented. We'd had the season going till the spring. Then we had to wait half a year for the finale. But once you got the taste for blood TWD back on your tongue, the flow gets interrupted again, and we gotta wait for another quarter at a minimum. Damn!  :max:
#firstworldproblems

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jamillos said:

Man this situation sucks, doesn’t it? I mean, it’s completely unprecedented. We'd had the season going till the spring. Then we had to wait half a year for the finale. But once you got the taste for blood TWD back on your tongue, the flow gets interrupted again, and we gotta wait for another quarter at a minimum. Damn!  :max:
#firstworldproblems

I know the season finale was freaking awesome!  I know the actors are in Atlanta getting ready to film again for early 2021.

I think it's going to be with a few actors at a time being together to keep them safe and well. We'll probably see some of the groups be smaller and go their separate ways for a bit. 

Fear reminds me of the seasons with the governor. The baddie in this is a woman, named Virginia she has separated the characters and makes it seem like everything is great, but it's not. I think she's a little big crazy. lol

• Like 1

Filming has already began, so that's exciting.

Apparently the last 6 episodes of season 10 are going to air early in 2021.

Season 11 airing in 2022.

I hope all of Fear season 6 is as good as the first episode.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Filming has already began, so that's exciting.

Apparently the last 6 episodes of season 10 are going to air early in 2021.

Season 11 airing in 2022.

I hope all of Fear season 6 is as good as the first episode.

Cool. I believe there will be arks for certain characters and not the usual large groups. I guess to keep everyone safe and since we finally got rid of the Whisperers and Eugene and his group they can tell different stories with each group.

Just hope all stay safe. It's been a touch year.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

So apparently Jeffrey Dean Morgan's real life wife Hilary Burton, has been cast to play Lucille. A Negan prequel/flashback? Exciting!

Really! That's cool. Negan has hinted about her, but I guess since TWD wants to keep the characters to a minimum will will see more of Negan's past. I wonder how Maggie will feel when she sees Negan and find out what he has done to help them out.

Negan was mentioned on Fear last night as Dwight found Shelley and remember she was taken by Negan? Anyway, their reunion was short lived as they both had different agendas to do.

I actually liked the episode of World beyond last night, but those kids can't fight for shit. lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...